SH1 Hidden stuff, pics, videos, etc

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

asphodel13
Just Passing Through

Re: SH1 Hidden stuff, pics, videos, etc

Post by asphodel13 »

There is a red car with some sort of sticker on it, next to the school bus, on the corner ofMidwhich and Bradbury. There are for sale sighns on the corner of Bradbury and Levine i can't quite make out the writing " Last....For sale..." on the lower right corner of bradbury and levine there is also a Xio Bay poster, but its written backwards.... there is a wierd squid poster across the street from CRCS. the VOWO trucks have the slogan "High Performance, High G...." On central silent hill i tried to read the DYNA plaque but all i could make out was "take me higher DYNA...." In the town center there is a amaller version of the citta poster so you can see the top half of the poster and make out more detail. After you fall down into the sand pit and fight the catterpiller monster, thre is a sighn next to where you pick up ypur rifle, it says, "Gun shop mellow gates" i think....
In the hospital,fog phase, there is a photo of a girl in front of a blurry building with what looks like a ufo behind her, in-joke picture maybe? thad be neat. Also there is a very bright and colorfull picture of flowers in the office.which is wierd. In the other church,after going though the antique store, the plaque next to the axe reads "B1 section 1-A Center Supply Water, Gas, Electric power"
Giromancy
Just Passing Through

Post by Giromancy »

asphodel13 wrote:There is a wierd door that appears along the top section of the left side on Midwich st. it's blue and it has a sort of grafic sticker on it that says either "ray" or "bay" ........why is that there?.....
I've always wondered what that sticker means, I could not find anything about it yet. :S

The other thing is the number 6843 next to the the door, it´s the only door with a number in all the whole town

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It says Paint Bay.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Was there a real Paint Bay that inspired that texture? It looks like it could be Print or Faint possibly. The developers could have just been having fun with random words, too.
asphodel13
Just Passing Through

Post by asphodel13 »

Oh yea....i forgot about the numbers..... And there is something else i just remembered but did'nt write down, there might be a hidden pixel picture behind the painting hung in Allessa's hospital room in Alchemilla. If you walk up to it and look back and forth the painting will glitch away to reveal a strange arrangement of pixels behind it against a black backround. looks like an airplane to me or something. I don't know if walking through walls is required to see it but while i was looking around the game for all this hidden stuff i usually had it on.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

asphodel13 wrote:There is a red car with some sort of sticker on it, next to the school bus, on the corner ofMidwhich and Bradbury. There are for sale sighns on the corner of Bradbury and Levine i can't quite make out the writing " Last....For sale..." on the lower right corner of bradbury and levine there is also a Xio Bay poster, but its written backwards.... there is a wierd squid poster across the street from CRCS. the VOWO trucks have the slogan "High Performance, High G...." On central silent hill i tried to read the DYNA plaque but all i could make out was "take me higher DYNA...." In the town center there is a amaller version of the citta poster so you can see the top half of the poster and make out more detail. After you fall down into the sand pit and fight the catterpiller monster, thre is a sighn next to where you pick up ypur rifle, it says, "Gun shop mellow gates" i think....
In the hospital,fog phase, there is a photo of a girl in front of a blurry building with what looks like a ufo behind her, in-joke picture maybe? thad be neat. Also there is a very bright and colorfull picture of flowers in the office.which is wierd. In the other church,after going though the antique store, the plaque next to the axe reads "B1 section 1-A Center Supply Water, Gas, Electric power"
I put a pic of the Mellow Gates logo here:
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Mellow_Gates_Gun_Shop
Here is the Dyna sign, can't really figure any more of it out, either, though
Behind painting in Alessa room
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
asphodel13
Just Passing Through

Post by asphodel13 »

I could replay the game and see if i can make the rest of it out. I'm good at reading blurr, it took a while as a child to get glasses so i had to learn to read blurr at a young age. Also, thanks to you post on a different thread, i think the vowo trucks say "high performance high quality" rather than g....something. and that pixel picture is wierd isn'nt it? I think you can get a better quality picture of it if you move to the left side of the painting. I looked at it more recently and my pixel picture thing was much cleaner, and it had a symbol in the center which reminded me of the Laputa symbol from Castle in the Sky. Also, i think you'll get a kick out of this, i was trying to fing extra rooms like ummm, whats his/her name? did in the school, so i ran around trying to find them. I had a saved game in Alessa's room where the last save is, and looked around in Nowhere for a while... but no other saved games so if i wanted to look in places other than nowhere i had to start a new game. So, anyway, i decided to first avoid the "i need to follow cheryl" routine ( which is accomplished by walking trough buildings and avoiding the auto turnaround thing or the game will glitch) and i found you could explore the whole town. but nothing too interesting to be seen, everything seemed the same as the town normally is in fog phase except that there are no monsters, no items, no key items, and you can't enter anywhere but the alley. I found only two differences, the gate to the sewers which then lead to the resort district of silent hill, was non-existant, also the bridge was non-existant. neither up nor down, not there. so then i decided to continue on into the alleyway i waited intill i was boxed in with the grey children (who had fallen through the graffix as monsters tend to do with walk through walls) and tried running away from the setting, graffics, area, and after a while i found my self in town again ( curiously i wound up popping out near the blue door) But i had retained the blazing sirens, pitch black atmosphere, rain, and harry was still caryying his lighter. so if you want to explore the town while in that particular nightmare mode you apparently can. But i think its the same as in fog mode, there is no iron grating, nothings transformed or anything, just atmosphere. As for when i was in Nowhere, i made a map (which i cant send) of a few areas that i found ( traveling outward from Alessa's room where i had saved) I found the boss battle arena empty and bossless, and the strange walkway where its just a door and an endless pit with an iron grating path stright to an elevator, and a few of the normal rooms in Nowhere. If you enter the Haggith room, then walk straight ahead youll wind up in the interior of the bus ouside the school...
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

From the alchemilla website:

Giromancy has always had a keep eye for Silent Hill 1 details, and noticed some strange things about the maps in the first game. Most of the places Harry visits are colored in pink to distinguish them from buildings you can’t visit. However, there are some pink areas you cannot visit.

As you know, the pink points on the maps are key places to explore, all the pink places like the: School, Church, the bridge control room and the sewer entrance, are key places to proceed with the story of the game. The places marked with violet color are places where did you find key items but not to proceed with the story of the game, like the: Gas Station and Convenience store 8.

There is a rumor that the pink points that appear in the OLD SH & Central SH map that are not accessible, they were key places to visit with Cybil, for some reason Team Silent forgot to change the color to those areas.

Curious.
-Giromancy

Some people have speculated, over the years, that these were intended for a Cybil sub-scenario thing and that she could visit them. However, there is no real evidence that they ever worked on making Cybil a playable character in the first game.

A Lurker pointed me to a quote on SilentHillMemories.net from PSM, #19 March 1999, in which Toyama explains that, due to time constraints, some areas had to be cut:

Here are the images Giromancy posted:

This is the door that’s pink on the map.

In the above diner image (resort area), Harry comments on the door. He usually doesn’t do that to buildings that you can’t enter, so maybe this was intended to be an area he could visit.

Following are some more observations from Giromancy:

Yeah, I think…..I was watching the textures of the game from the CD, when I noticed a detail, SMALL DETAIL by the way, when something caught my eye:

This is the texture, we can see references from:
CAT´S EYE (Novel by Stepehen King)
CARRIE (Novel by Stepehen King)
MISERY (Novel by Stepehen King)
CHRISTINE (Novel by Stepehen King)
KAZANIAN ANTIQUES (From the Movie ¨INFERNO¨ -Dario Argento)-Giromancy

He also posted the image above. See the little Pennywise the clown at the bottom left!
Then there are things like the Jacob’s Ladder HELL poster:

And the Barbar Shop and Benny’s which also didn’t make it into the game, which leads me to wonder if these textures may have been intended for areas that were never finished, rather than just stuff they decided didn’t fit. Of course, in the texture file above, that is a fuckton of Stephen King references, and maybe they decided it was too much.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Otherworldly
Just Passing Through

Post by Otherworldly »

Haha, IT. Oddly enough, I've never noticed him before. Awesome.
"A detective? Really? Well, nice talkin' to ya."
Xkeeper_
Just Passing Through

Post by Xkeeper_ »

Hi, thread. Long time no see. (I thought I'd posted in one of these before, but I guess not... maybe it was a different board?)

This map was posted back a few pages. (Rehosted it on imgur in case photobucket ever decides to delete it)

What this person missed is that some of those rooms are actually set up to place you on the map in the appropriate place:

So far, the unfinished rooms are the Storage Closets (2), Teacher's Rooms (2), Unfinished Roof, and the Hall. The storage closets don't appear to match up with the map properly, but the roof does (though the rooftop is larger than the map says it should be)

Of interest, the roof actually has a forced camera angle showing the stairs furthest from the "door". It doesn't seem like it's set up properly since it only seems to take hold if you're walking towards it from the door... Maybe it was originally designed to show you the stairs since the usual camera angle isn't too good for it.

I thought I mentioned this before, but those giant pits in the road? If you go into one, you die. (The floor is Z 32767, and when you hit that, the game immediately plays the death animation and you get a gameover.)

I thought that was the only case of that, since going out of bounds generally keeps you at Z 0 or wherever the last floor you were at was; the ground has to be specifically set to Z 32767...

...and one place is:

If you move into those holes in the floor, you fall down through them and die. Interestingly, walking off the edges of the roof doesn't do this, just the pits in the middle!

Oh, and the Midwich clock is set to 8:10 all the time, too:

If you thought something was off about those pictures, you might enjoy these, too:

Work in progress, though, but at least I have total control over the camera.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

^That first video was just strange. It shows how much the fog and darkness does in order to increase the scare.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Just Passing Through

Post by 911 »

That's an amazing work ! It's interesting and as Jonipoon said we can clearly see how the fog was necessary ! I like how we can see more details !
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Not sure if anyone posted jam6i's "find cheryl" thing, but here is a video I made of it (finding Cheryl on the corner of Bachmann and Matheson by bypassing the game's automatic turnaround when you go the wrong way):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdTTWWaXl4
I am meaning to redo all my old videos and things in better quality but am working on SH2 camhacked LP first.
ImageImage
I, Rabbit
Just Passing Through

Post by I, Rabbit »

nur_ein_tier wrote:Not sure if anyone posted jam6i's "find cheryl" thing, but here is a video I made of it (finding Cheryl on the corner of Bachmann and Matheson by bypassing the game's automatic turnaround when you go the wrong way):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdTTWWaXl4
I am meaning to redo all my old videos and things in better quality but am working on SH2 camhacked LP first.
You posting this has now got me watching the cam hack videos at the side, nice one! I find this kind of hidden content really interesting!
I want to see how far I can go before I'm forced to stop.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Well, all credit to jam6i for finding the thing, but it's amazing that people are still finding cool stuff about this game after all these years! Eventually will do a playthrough of this one, too, to collect most of these sorts of things all together. Lots of cool stuff in Sh1 though!
ImageImage
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

That is amazing! I love that there is still stuff in this game that hasn't been found yet!
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

This is just some comparison of OPM16 demo and final game:

I am working on a side by side LP video of the OPM#16 disc and the final game. Here are some screencaps detailing some of the differences in “Scene 1.” I will be adding “Scene 2″ (School) soon also, as well as putting the ripped images from the game that don’t actually appear in the demo back up, and will also be noting some of the changes in other demo versions. There is a lot of dialogue changes or rearranged, but I will leave that for later when I get my old pages that were lost from my site back up again.
This is the title screen for the demo disc.
The menu screen.
Instead of asking difficulty level, the demo asks you to choose Scene 1 (beginning) or Scene 2 (school). This is also different from later demos which asked you to choose between "intro" and "battle mode" or something like that. (too lazy to look)
The controls for the demo.
Konami is in italics in the demo.
Harry is closer to the bottom of the screen in the demo version loading screens.
The pole is darker in the final game.
Harry doesn’t comment on the wheelchair in the demo.
Harry doesn’t comment on the gurney in the demo.
Slight dialogue change.
Several things on the map are different.
In the demo, there is only a map and a flashlight on the counter.
In the final game, there is a map, a flashlight, a health drink, and a save notepad.
The line “you got me” was removed from final game. Also, there is no voice acting in the demo and the seat colors are different.
The demo’s “Petty Knife” became the “Kitchen Knife.”
Dialogue change
There was no “Huh? Radio?” in the demo.

For full size pics, go here:
http://alchemillahospital.net/silent-hi ... 8-scene-1/

Scene 2

For comparison pics of scene 2 (school), go here:
http://alchemillahospital.net/?p=10420
ImageImage
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Brilliant as always, Amy. Thank you for sharing!
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Thanks. I am working on a LP of SH1 with similar demo comparisons, references, textures, etc but it's taking a while to edit.

ETA: first 15 min:

second 15 min or so, mostly finished with regular school, almost to alternate school.
ImageImage
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Stumbled across this video of Punchy figuring out a new time-saving glitch (allowing you to skip the twinfeeler boss and some running). Since the vid's from 2018, I'm not sure if anyone on here has posted about it yet. I think I'll try it myself next playthrough :P