Stanley Coleman's grunts, pain or pleasure?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

Stanley Coleman's grunts, pain or pleasure?

Post by KennyPowrez »

I've noticed that this forum isn't as active as it used to be, but there's something I noticed recently....

When you go up to Stan's corpse in the morgue, it sounds a bit...suggestive. On the SH Wiki, they say it's that he's choking but I beg to differ. It almost sounds as if he pleasuring himself to the sight of her. This is making me see the game in a whole new light. Am I the only one that noticed?
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Stanley Coleman's grunts, pain or pleasure?

Post by phantomess »

Well, I uh.... definitely never thought of that.
My thinking was more along the lines of what the Wiki said, but sure, that's one way to look at it. :P

If anyone wants to hear it again, I found a video that includes it:

And by the way, welcome to the forum, Kenny. (This is the first post I've noticed from you.)
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I never thought about it.

At the beginning it sounds like a japanese man choking. But, soon after, it sounds like a japanese man pleasuring himself (they didn't even bothered to hire another VA for a thing that most wouldn't even hear. Understandable but kills the mood if you're playing on english). So, in the end, it could be both things.

And why this is making you see the game in a "whole new light"? It's well known that Stanley was pretty much addicted to Heather. Tainted love.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Stan's gonna be real bummed when he learns Heather don't swing that way.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

Post by KennyPowrez »

Thanks for the input. My friend and I were playing a little bit of the Brookhaven section and when we heard Stanley, we both didn't think he was choking.
Maybe, (or most likely) it's just bad voice acting, because a person can't vocalize when they choke.
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I have never actually heard it before, so thank you for the video. I thought he was supposed to say something, not just make sounds though.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

Maybe he likes being choked? It is Silent Hill after all. =)

Sadist.
Postcode
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Postcode »

Masochist, surely?
For anyone that might be interested in such things, some links to my music, of the alternative rock kind -
http://postcode.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/zebracore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Postcode/99794277098

And my Post-Rock band Nanaki -
https://nanaki.bandcamp.com
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

Postcode wrote:Masochist, surely?
I think you can be both =)

Not a world of difference between them anyway.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Definitely never got the 'pleasure' perspective when I heard that. Too much fun with the slurpers maybe? That could kill a guy.

To me it just always sounded like he was struggling to breathe and stay alive and then just kinda died. More than anything it just left me wondering what the hell was done to the poor guy.
KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

Post by KennyPowrez »

^People don't sound like that when they die, I noticed this after watching someone actually die. My guess is that that was the VA's best take. It reminds me of how voice actors/actresses make death sounds but sounds like they're gonna orgasm because he/she might suck at death sounds.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

KennyPowrez wrote:^People don't sound like that when they die, I noticed this after watching someone actually die. My guess is that that was the VA's best take. It reminds me of how voice actors/actresses make death sounds but sounds like they're gonna orgasm because he/she might suck at death sounds.
That's probably more or less exactly what this is. Just awkward voice acting. Unless Stanley has some sort of weird burnt out morgue room fetish where he likes to wank off underneath bloody blankets near annoying puzzles. Which given how creepy the dude was about her, maybe that was the case. But not really hah.

It was also insinuated the guy was killed. Honestly, I never once thought it was anything other than a death rattle, struggling to breathe, in pain or whatever.