"Silent Hill: Betrayal" novel - hunting for Silent Hill fans

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

"Silent Hill: Betrayal" novel - hunting for Silent Hill fans

Post by Shadowolfdg »

Good day

Following the permission I received by Konami and Ster-Kinekor Entertainment to write my own story in Silent Hill, with my own characters, creatures and weapons, I have begun writing "Silent Hill: Betrayal" which is set for release within the next few months.

I have many followers and readers following my epic fantasy trilogy, The Celenic Earth Chronicles, but I want to make sure I reach actual fans of Silent Hill. Only they will understand the true worth of what I am writing, and I would not want them to miss out on the free goodies when it is released with the first publication.

Please feel free to follow me on www.celenicearth.wordpress.com, or on twitter @Shadowolfd, as I am constantly updating followers with progress.

Please don't miss out. I want to share this story with you.

Kind regards
Shaun
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: "Silent Hill: Betrayal" novel - hunting for Silent Hill

Post by phantomess »

Wow, Konami gave you their blessing? Congrats. If I used Twitter, I'd probably follow you. Make sure you update us on here.
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

Yeah I think that will probably be a good idea. I think I will just keep using this thread for updates. Thanks for the advice
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

I'd love to read a Silent Hill novel. I'll follow you on Twitter. I'm @ADoseofSmilex

I have a question for you. How did you come in contact with KONAMI? I'm an aspiring screenwriter and am writing a Silent Hill screenplay. I'd love to be able to get in contact with them and see if they'd hear me out.

Please, any info would be sweet.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

Ok, so I have completed Act 1 of my novel, and now moving swiftly on to Act 2.

You can visit my website for a recent update:

https://celenicearth.wordpress.com/2016 ... scribbles/

Kind regards
Shaun
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

Tomorrow, 16 June 2016, South Africa celebrates Youth Day, which means it is a public holiday for us. It also means for some of us that it is a long weekend ahead... and something wonderful this way comes.

I'm going to be spending quality time on writing "Silent Hill: Betrayal" further, among other things (such as precious family time). Trevor has just reached Alchemical Hospital, and is about to meet someone he never expected to find in Silent Hill. This location takes up the bulk of Act 2, and certain mysteries start to unravel and he gets a better understanding of what is happening in the town, and why he has been brought there.

I will also have the chance to develop the sketches for the next SneakPeak Sunday, which will feature the creatures from Act 1, and some more weapons for Act 2. I will also be doing some design concepts of the locations for the first two Acts, as well as some preliminary sketches on the characters so far. Finally, I will be releasing an adapted Halo of the Sun design, specifically catered for this novel.

So buckle your seatbelt and expect to get some goodies from me this Father's Day!

(to view the original article, please visit https://celenicearth.wordpress.com/2016 ... kend-ahead )
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

In case you missed it, I released some sketches on Sunday via my blog (https://celenicearth.wordpress.com), Twitter and Facebook. This was the next sneak peek into the "Silent Hill: Betrayal" novel, this time taking a look at some of the main weapons that can be found in Act 2.

I say 'some', since anything that can be found at hand can be used at a weapon, but of course the main ones are the featured. These can be seen as an upgrade of the weapons in Act 1, which can be seen the novel's portfolio,

So without further ado, please see the gallery for Act 2 Weapons:

Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

Hi everyone

I have posted a new article on my blog on the top 7 things you should expect from my upcoming novel, 'Silent Hill: Betrayal'.

It is too long to post here, so please visit my blog to read the entire article:

https://celenicearth.wordpress.com/2016 ... yal-novel/

In short summary:

1. The novel will have sensitive material, such as violence, sexual connotations and religious overtones

2. It is an original story and not adapted from any of the game or film storylines

3. There are certain themes and items that will remain from the franchise

4. There will be puzzles and mysteries for the character to solve.

5. There will be hints of something bigger in the background that will be realised by book 5

6. Some easter eggs will be hidden in the story

7. The significance of The Order that fell away during Downpour is not so great in this novel as in future novels

Kind regards
Shaun M Jooste
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

I've just made and released a teaser video for my upcoming Silent Hill novel!

Check out the link below or visit my blog www.celenicearth.wordpress.com to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTC5n9bh_JI
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

This post may be a bit delayed compared to my Social Media links, but with my wife and kids falling ill I had to phase out of author mode for a bit to attend to their needs.

Be that as it may, here it is: Act 2 is complete! There is one Act left before the final showdown. Trevor needs to learn one more truth about betrayal before he meets the final enemy, who will offer him a chance at redemption. What no one knows is that there is an invisible player, someone with a greater scheme at mind. Forgiveness and redemption will come at a price that may be too expensive for Trevor to pay.

Act 3 marches on: the finale of 'Silent Hill: Betrayal' is upon us! Expect some SneakPeek sketches and reveals soon!

To view original post: https://celenicearth.wordpress.com/2016 ... -complete/
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

So it's finally happened! Someone took notice of my tweets and contacted me to have an interview done. Apparently the interviewer of Video Game News Source is a mega superfan of the Silent Hill franchise, which means I can expect some decent questions and a test of the potential excitement for my much anticipated upcoming novel, 'Silent Hill: Betrayal'.

It is also going to give me a chance to answer some questions I am sure are on many people's minds. I will update you on when the interview becomes available and where you will be able to read it.

For further updates on my novel, visit www.celenicearth.wordpress.com

In love and grace

Shaun M Jooste
Shadowolfdg
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadowolfdg »

Good day

This will be the final update on my 'Silent Hill: Betrayal' novel, as the book is finally launched! You may head on over to your local Amazon store and search for my name or the book title, and there are two editions for you to choose from: Vanilla (just the text), and Extended (for hardcore fans with maps, images and alternate endings).

Thank you so much to everyone that followed my updates and progress.

Kind regards
Shaun Jooste
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Please use the other thread you've created and we moved to Your Special Place - please don't keep double-posting here.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.