Mary [Spoiler]

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Chiaotzu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Mary [Spoiler]

Post by Chiaotzu »

Hello, it's passed 14 years after my first entry to Silent Hill 2. It's still in my heart, with music and characters, environment and mood. I am very sad about there are no any movies, of this story. But thats not about that. It's about Mary.
I think about her and I figured out that there could be a super small chance that she is alive, isn't?
The ending "Maria" where James leaves Silent Hill with Maria, if it leaves it with non existing person means that he went crazy. But if Maria was a real person, I think she was absolutely Mary. That scene in prison, only Mary could know about video tape.
So what do you think is there any chances that Mary could survive?
[b][color=#800000]I came back, James...[/color][/b]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, Mary is dead. Maria can know what she does because she's a supernatural being.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, Mary is dead. Maria can know what she does because she's a supernatural being.
Agreed. She was dead long before James made his return trip to Silent Hill, I'm afraid.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Chiaotzu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Chiaotzu »

Very sad, all the time as was thinking that Mary somehow could be alive. But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Chiaotzu wrote:Very sad, all the time as was thinking that Mary somehow could be alive. But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?
There is an ending about that, called Rebirth. What happens at the very end is up to you, but unfortunately, it doesn't imply anything good. :(
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Chiaotzu wrote: But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?
I love that ending. I love imagining the possibilities. You can make it as happy or as morbid as you want.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

James sounds completely broken, twisted and insane in that ending
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

You mean when he's rowing the boat across the lake and speaking calmly about bringing her back because he doesn't want to live without her?

Is he behaving sanely? No, but... well, I can't really explain further why I enjoy the ending to someone who doesn't understand.
Chiaotzu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Chiaotzu »

Sorry for out of topic, but I watched few interviews of Guy Cihi on youtube. Does anybody knows any interviews with Monica who was the voice actor of Mary/Maria|? I would love to hear Mary's voice again.
Chiaotzu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Chiaotzu »

Remodeled Mary's room

Imageupload pics
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

Chiaotzu wrote:Hello, it's passed 14 years after my first entry to Silent Hill 2. It's still in my heart, with music and characters, environment and mood. I am very sad about there are no any movies, of this story. But thats not about that. It's about Mary.
I think about her and I figured out that there could be a super small chance that she is alive, isn't?
The ending "Maria" where James leaves Silent Hill with Maria, if it leaves it with non existing person means that he went crazy. But if Maria was a real person, I think she was absolutely Mary. That scene in prison, only Mary could know about video tape.
So what do you think is there any chances that Mary could survive?
^
To clarify, Mary really is dead. I believe Ito (one of the art designers for Team Silent) tweeted that
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Mary's body is in the back seat of James' car
Heaven's Night
<3
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Chiaotzu wrote:Very sad, all the time as was thinking that Mary somehow could be alive. But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?
I've always been fascinated by this take on a Rebirth ending.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_c ... &id=121292

Patience is the darkest side of power.
SilverWolfPet
Just Passing Through

Post by SilverWolfPet »

Does the fact that we get info like the one in Pastucci's spoiler tag over the years make the game "better" or "incomplete"?

I know this is part of the beauty of the Silent Hill Series, but nowadays would you personally like to have the game tell you directly "Yes, Mary's totally DED" or do you still prefer to leave things up for debate?