Beat Silent Hill 3

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

ElizabethAS
Just Passing Through

Beat Silent Hill 3

Post by ElizabethAS »

I finally beat SH3, which means I am allowing myself to post here now.
I made the mistake of not beating a Silent Hill game before I signed up, and I was told to go play/beat a game. But I made up a rule for myself, which was to not use this forum until I beat a game.
But now that I've beaten a game, I'm allowing myself to post things on this forum.
Sorry for the sloppy sentences, I'm really tired.

BUT
I really liked SH3 and I'm going to try SH2 next.

Thoughts on the ending boss:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
That ending boss was kinda generic, though. Not very creative with her design. And it wasn't really that scary. Everything else was great, it was just the ending that I didn't really like. I mean, if you end SH1 with a fucking goat-demon monstrosity then end the third one on a skeleton woman, that's just not right. STILL, I loved the game.

And I know the final boss of SH1 because. Well, I got spoiled on it.
Again, sorry for the sloppy sentence structure, I can't really think and I feel really tired.

Hopefully I can actually get the courage to post more things on this place.
And hopefully not when I'm tired.
So things would be better quality.
But I'm just posting this now before I forget, because I know I'm going to forget.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Beat Silent Hill 3

Post by phantomess »

Congrats on playing and beating it. :)
SH2 next sounds like a great idea- enjoy!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, for what it's worth I felt the opposite about the bosses. SH1's is just a copy-paste of a depiction of Baphomet, while SH3's is basically a monstrous version of Alessa, representing how Claudia deified Alessa in her mind.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The boss of SH3 is not "complete" yet. That's why it kinda sucks.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Glad you enjoyed it! It's a hell of an experience and the most full of in your face fuckery.

I found the end boss fight itself kind of boring and underwhelming. But I loved the set up. From Valtiel pulling her through the floor, to wrapping her face in the creepy flesh cloth, it was cool as hell. The setting for the fight was great as well.

But once you get the fight down, it's pretty meh. Seems to take centuries to kill her on the extreme levels as well.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Congrats on your win, I think you will really love Silent Hill 2. :)
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I remember feeling the same way about the ending boss too. Don't get me wrong i loved some of the other bosses and enemies(slurpers are still some of the creepiest enemies i've ever seen in a game). But the final boss just seemed meh, especially considering what it was supposed to be.
Xev

Post by Xev »

SH3 was the only game a actually cried after it was over the first time, it wasnt even sh2. Im sure its a pretty common thing after finishing a game, like a voidy loss. Anyway the end I thought looked perfectly creepy cool but i thought it was kind of easy to beat as I remember..but I havent made it through the game on hard mode yet :shock:
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Congrats! SH 2 next is a great idea for a play through. :) I hope you would enjoy it.