Downpour monsters and "Hidden Meanings of Dreams".

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Downpour monsters and "Hidden Meanings of Dreams".

Post by blackglass657 »

I try to search, what Downpour monsters mean in terms of the Hidden Meaning of Dreams. And that's what I found out.

Screamer

The content of your dream shows a sexual situation. That screaming women is your animus and that means that you are a person who have a trauma caused through rape.You did not listen from your mother, and you got raped, and now this went inside you unconscious mind to be forgotten. And it is coming on in your mind just recently until it will develop in a real flash back of the past.

Also check this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=screamer

Barbie

Dreaming about a Barbie doll, symbolizes society’s ideals. You may feel that you are having trouble living up to other people’s expectations.

To see a Barbie doll in your dream represents society's ideals. You may feel that you are unable to meet the expectations of others. Alternatively, the Barbie doll refers to the desire to escape from daily responsibilities. It may serve to bring you back to your childhood where life was much simpler and more carefree.

Prisoner

At first when I start analyze that creature, I looked at the Downpour concept art, which shows clowns. So that final version of prisoner, supposed to remind of the clown or something. So clowns.

Clown Dreams: Funny or Scary?

Dreaming about clowns can mean a variety of things depending on how you feel about clowns in general. It can also be indicative of issues going on your life; ones that should be addressed.

When you dream about clowns, it may indicate that you have a need for more light, humor and fun in your life. You may want to let your hair down and have more fun and be more fun to be around. It could also be that the clown is pointing to the fact that you exaggerate certain things in your life. Who and what this is should be revealed by the details of the clown dream. Such dreams also are often indicators of you or someone close to you putting on a happy face to help get through difficult times. Something else associated with clown dreams is childhood fun. Such dreams may indicate that you are yearning for a simpler time, when it was all about you and you had no worries and cares.

Clown dreams can also tell you a lot about your personality. It is an indicator that you definitely have childish characteristics. If the clown in your dream is a happy clown, it should tell you that you are basically happy with your life. If the clown is sad, then you are probably sad too, whether you realize it or not. Clowns can also indicate that you are thoughtless in many of the things you do.

For someone who is afraid of clowns to have a clown dream has more serious implications. It is said to show that there is someone in your life that wants to hurt you. It is also an indicator that a person you know is hiding their true self from you.

Also to Note, Clowns are usually communicate with children. I believe that this is how Murphy saw himself towards Charlie. Like a twisted version of the Clown. So. How we can talk about that "you need more fun in your life" after that. Think about it.

Weeping bat

I believe in Downpour Weeping bat reminding of a just born baby of some sort.
Just look at it. They got even that "Weeping bat" name.
Last edited by blackglass657 on 29 Sep 2020, edited 2 times in total.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: Downpour monsters and "Hidden Meanings of Dreams".

Post by Jonipoon »

This is not directly aimed at your post, but I just wanted to point something out related to the monsters.

I feel the monster models were painfully rushed in production, just like almost everything else in this game. None of them look even close to their original concept form, except for the Wheelman (which unsurprisingly was conceived by Masahiro Ito, at least they got that one right).

Nevertheless - Even in their original concept forms, all of the Downpour monsters are basically just humanoids with one head, two arms and two legs. To me it just feels as if they designers fundamentally misunderstood what monster symbolism in the Silent Hill series is about. Perhaps they thought they were just making a generic horror game.

I think it's fair to say that Downpour has the most boring and uninspiring monsters in the entire series. I mean, even Homecoming which was such a shit load of crap game had some really incredible monster designs.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Downpour monsters have two views of looking at them.
One of them is the awesome rich in color,concept art style and like doll in design.
I love this.
The other one would be. As if they tried to make monsters look like the first original three games and origins. Like in terms of the concept art of the original. Or the look. Like these Art. You know what I'm talking about.
As you can see, how they change it. All the skin is messy, the overall color, the feel of original concept art of first three games and so on.
Take a look.
I see it as they if they tried to be sitting on two chairs, at the same time with this and do they best.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Jonipoon wrote: I feel the monster models were painfully rushed in production, just like almost everything else in this game. None of them look even close to their original concept form, except for the Wheelman (which unsurprisingly was conceived by Masahiro Ito, at least they got that one right).
Oh, Yeah. Look at this Demo. Maybe then you change your mind.
At the 23:25, things start become interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ree1-vwI73w&t=1837s
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I don't know what you're talking about, other than that you seem to be defending Downpour to death as if its some kind of misunderstood masterpiece.

All of the Silent Hill games have had monsters with fleshy and messy skin including The Room, Origins and Homecoming, not just the first three games. Ironically, the first Silent Hill didn't have that many monsters with messy/fleshy skin - they were rather reptilian and insectoid in nature since they were manifestations of Alessa's fears. They grey child monster which you linked to, is a perfect representation of those distinct reptilian skin monsters from SH1.

Nevertheless, not sure why you wanted to bring up the thing about messy skin, which is rather common in all types of horror games - not just Silent Hill. I was criticizing the monster designs in Downpour since they are all the most humanoid monsters in the entire series - they have visible faces with eyes, one mouth, two arms and two legs and scream "generic horror game monster". If you look back at earlier games in the SH series, especially the second and third game, you can't really say that they look like humanoids. They may have some limbs and joints that resemble human parts, but they are so disfigured that it takes you a while to pinpoint what they are. Also their faces are obscured and that's what makes them inhuman, scary and otherwordly.

The only other monsters in the series with visible eyes, one mouth, two arms and two legs were the ghosts in The Room, but they were exactly that - ghosts. Besides, there were plenty of other monsters in the The Room that stayed true to the franchise.

The makers of Downpour didn't try to make the monsters look like the first original three games at all, because they didn't understand Silent Hill. The fact that you actually linked to a monster diagram from SH1-3 and dared to say that the monsters in Downpour look like them is comical.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Jonipoon wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, other than that you seem to be defending Downpour to death as if its some kind of misunderstood masterpiece.
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25843 :evil:
Especially those opinions:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I NOU, RITE?

Not to mention the awful plot holes. How can they have vacations in Silent Hill, since everyone knows the town has been evacuated when Alessa set fire to the underground mines? After all, HOW CAN A DEAD PERSON WRITE A LETTER?

Also, they tried too hard to sell the game with sex all the time, gee, the developers must have 13-year old boys.

And the plot twist in the end, so freaking obvious. "It's all a dream", NO SHIT SHERLOK
I totally Agree.
Jonipoon wrote: All of the Silent Hill games have had monsters with fleshy and messy skin including The Room, Origins and Homecoming, not just the first three games. Ironically, the first Silent Hill didn't have that many monsters with messy/fleshy skin - they were rather reptilian and insectoid in nature since they were manifestations of Alessa's fears. They grey child monster which you linked to, is a perfect representation of those distinct reptilian skin monsters from SH1.
That's right they didn't. I just saying that Downpour monster art design direction doesn't need this fucking messy skin thing, like at all. And still they add it, it up.
Just so you will remembered the older games better.
Last edited by blackglass657 on 28 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Jonipoon wrote: I think it's fair to say that Downpour has the most boring and uninspiring monsters in the entire series. I mean, even Homecoming which was such a shit load of crap game had some really incredible monster designs.

Yeah, like it was created by "some mad woman ,with mental illness and you can guess what kind logic." Like silent hill revelation.

You can view Silent hill Homecoming in such light. But for me that feel is already gone.

Maybe it's because this game called "silent hill" you know. All this Dahlia character in the first one. And don't get me even started with SH 2. A guy receive a letter from his dead wife. Ridiculous.
Last edited by blackglass657 on 28 Nov 2017, edited 3 times in total.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

First rule of Silent Hill: Never treat the movies and the games as being in the same universe - they are two completely different universes. Christophe Gans, the director of the first movie, created his own set of rules and background to the town which is EXTREMELY different from the town in the games.

In the games, Silent Hill is a resort town which is seen as any other normal town to outsiders. Even the people living there doesn't seem to know about its mysterious powers.

The rest of your posts are difficult to read since your language and grammar makes little sense.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Jonipoon wrote:I don't know what you're talking about, other than that you seem to be defending Downpour to death as if its some kind of misunderstood masterpiece.
The makers of Downpour didn't try to make the monsters look like the first original three games at all, because they didn't understand Silent Hill. The fact that you actually linked to a monster diagram from SH1-3 and dared to say that the monsters in Downpour look like them is comical.
What is your idea of the masterpiece silent hill. Tell me, with list if you can.
I wanna know your opinion.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

1-4 are the masterpieces, IMO.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Oh Yeah. Those a Masterpieces.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Here another Symbolism of the Prisoner Minion.

About they Yellow eyes.

What Dream About Yellow Eyes Means.

https://checkmydream.com/dream-meaning/yellow--eyes

Seeing yellow eyes in a dream is an ambiguous symbol.

On the one hand the dream means danger approach,
on the other – represents help of higher powers.

Some events of your life will cause discomfort, worries and despair.

But if yellow eyes were close to you in a dream, but you didn’t feel any fear,
this means that you will manage to handle all your problems.

People rarely see yellow or amber eyes in their dreams.

The leading psychologists and dream interpreters predict loss of emotional balance.

If you saw sly squint of yellow eyes is a sign that you will have to make a stop and
reevaluate your chances.

If you remember the dream details is will be easy to interpret this interesting plot:

The predator’s heavy eyelids – great wastes of energy;

Reptile pupils – cunning colleagues, partners and enemies;

Yellow cat’s eye slits – success, in spite of your enemies’ intrigues;

A kind a gentle look – you will have patrons;

People with yellow eyes – working too much, you are being tired.

In old times dreams about yellow eyes meant difficulties that you will have to overcome.

If you saw a big animal’s eyelids, you will be able to pass this period with dignity.

You can also be expecting good bargains in you put a lot of efforts and do not give any chance to your competitors.

If you saw reptile’s pupils and were afraid of them, this plot is a sign of deceit.

One of the partners definitely wants to cheat and use you.

A kind warm look of a person with yellow eyes in a dream is a symbol
telling you that there is a person whom you can completely trust and who will always come to help.

A yellow cat’s look shouldn’t scare you away – this image also means a helpful friend; just do not forget to thank him after all.
Last edited by blackglass657 on 29 Sep 2020, edited 5 times in total.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Symbolism of the Gas Mask of the Bogeyman.

Gas Mask

Seeing a gas mask in your dream means you are attacked verbally and through negative thoughts by your friends and other people close to you, and therefore you need protection right away. If you dream of wearing a gas mask, you are about to encounter a situation in which someone will betray you, and talk badly about you, and this person might be someone close to you.

Either way, you should not worry, as you will end up well despite this attack.

In your dream you may have:

You wear a gas mask.

Other people with gas masks.

You wear gas masks, but others do not have one.

See a gas mask hanging on a wall.

Positive changes will be:

Beware of people close to you.

Detailed dream interpretation

If you dream about wearing a mask, this is a sign that you will be pushed by people that you owe money to. A gas mask means fear of gossip, running from evil words, evil desire for detachment from the world, and being suffocated by the problems of others.

To see other people wear gas masks in a dream suggests people will try to hide away from what they mean. In the general sense it means that you will enjoy an extended time of great health, but you may come in contact with people that are sick. In general terms to see a gas mask hanging on a wall indicates that you will go through a period of great prosperity.

Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of gas mask

Insecure. Furious. Tired. Lazy. Confused. Upset. Overwhelmed. Offended. Insecure. Upset. Angry. Scared. Terrified.
blackglass657
Just Passing Through

Post by blackglass657 »

Symbolism of the Rain in Downpour.

Rain

If you encounter rain in your dream, then this suggests that it is time to communicate with others.

An impressive downpour demonstrates that you are conscious of spiritual development. If you dream of being wet then this shows that you have a number of hobbies that are important to you.

Detailed dream meaning

Dream dictionaries in ancient times connected water to feeling the need to forgive somebody. It is something that we need to understand when we have experienced a strong feeling of grief or anger.

The rain can also symbolize feeling somewhat rejected. In dreams concerning rain the emotions and feelings are strong. There is not enough thinking with the head it’s much rather focused on the heart. It is important to move forward with confidence. Ensure that you have a balanced approach to life.

The dream dictionaries in the 1930s believed that this dream was associated with bad luck. To be caught in a storm in the dream indicates the possibility of being shut down spiritually, it is important to feel the force of your feelings. Have you withdrawn from society for a while? Look at the emotions you experience in your dream. If the dream was positive in nature it indicates that a heavy issue in waking life will be resolved.

Dreaming of an umbrella

If you’re holding an umbrella in the dream this indicates strong beliefs about authority. Perhaps you have been controlled by somebody for some time. If you see an umbrella in your dream then this indicates it is important to protect yourself.

Freud noted that the umbrella is a connection associated with protecting emotions.

There may be some past unhealed emotional pain that you have experienced. It is important to consider your own emotions and that of others. Perhaps you have been feeling vulnerable lately?

Face or confront the feelings that you hold inside. Maybe there is past relationship that is still wanting you? There is also negativity in the past that you are trying to protect yourself against.

Dreaming of a raincoat

The radiating Monastery symbolizes the way you are thinking. It is connected to your heart which symbolizes the feelings of your gut instinct. The raincoat is a protector. Protecting yourself against emotional uproar.

This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life

Vulnerability.

Emotional unavailability.

Fear of loss.

Fear of trusting others.

The rain and even the storm are very good signs. The storm represents a very important solution for a very big problem. It represents divine justice after pain. The rain gives water to the dry earth. Without water, there is no life. We depend on the rain for many reasons. The rain also cleans our dirty world. Its water is a true blessing. This is why it represents important solutions in dreams. The appearance of this positive dream symbol in a dream will give you courage and hope. It’s very good to discover the solution for a problem that you couldn’t solve! There in or the storm in a dream will give you relief and self-confidence.

The rain in a dream will show you that you have really found the answer you were looking for. The unconscious mind will help you understand what you have found and why this finding will help you solve your problems

The rain in a dream can also be a prediction. You may be about to discover what you need. In this case the dream symbol prepares you for finding a solution. It works like an alert. A dream about rain or about a storm will make you pay attention to your reality, without forgetting that you are looking for a certain solution. You will have the serious attitude of a researcher, without being disconnected with your reality, thinking about something else. The rain in a dream reminds you that you have to pay attention to many details in order to finally find the solution you are looking for.