Most Annoying Part of The Game?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Most Annoying Part of The Game?

Post by Haunting Hero »

To me it was running through the Haunted Mansion thing with the red light. Don't get me wrong I rarely ever die at that part, but the suspense of me messing up (especially if I am speedrunning and don't save) is high.
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
Xuchilbara93
Just Passing Through

Re: Most Annoying Part of The Game?

Post by Xuchilbara93 »

One word: GOD. At least on normal mode (not on normal new game+ mode). I absolutely fucking hate that part, especially since I'm terrible at not healing up every time I get hit prior to that.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Xuchilbara93 wrote:One word: GOD. At least on normal mode (not on normal new game+ mode). I absolutely fucking hate that part, especially since I'm terrible at not healing up every time I get hit prior to that.
I have been doing Extreme mode lately and I should've mentioned GOD too. I used to only use melee weapons unless I am speedrunning, but Extreme changed that. I have to save up sooo much ammo just to fight God and if I run out its near suicide.
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

The church is pretty annoying. Otherwise most of the game is pretty straight-forward.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Personally, the sewers on a normal game. At least they get all bleedy-wally and creepy on NG+.

The game starts off fantastic with the mall and its otherworld. Then it kind of drags with the subway and sewers and then soon after the construction building (especially in comparison to the entire rest of the game). It's pretty annoying for me to go through it after beating the game 900 times.

It's fairly tedious but at least makes up for it for being somewhat unrelenting once you hit the office building otherworld.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Tabris wrote:Personally, the sewers on a normal game. At least they get all bleedy-wally and creepy on NG+.

The game starts off fantastic with the mall and its otherworld. Then it kind of drags with the subway and sewers and then soon after the construction building (especially in comparison to the entire rest of the game). It's pretty annoying for me to go through it after beating the game 900 times.

It's fairly tedious but at least makes up for it for being somewhat unrelenting once you hit the office building otherworld.
I'm kinda with you here. This is probably how I'd rank the levels, from best to the worst.

1. Shopping Mall
2. Construction Site
3. Brookhaven
4. Lakeside Amusement Park
5. Church
6. Sewers
7. Subway

Like you said, the shopping mall is a great location, a perfect blend between reality and the Otherworld. Then I'm also a huge fan of the construction site, which makes great use of the floors and elevators for a fun playthrough (also the horror level is intense here). Brookhaven is a classic, of course, but that's probably since its pretty much a rehash from SH2. The same goes for Lakeside, although its such a huge graphical update from SH1 that its basically a new location - the haunted house is pretty cheesy though. Then you have the Church, which is very annoying to play through although it has its epic moments such as Alessa's Room. Both the sewers and the subway levels are equally bad, they're not just annoying - they're boring as hell and offer nothing fun to gasp at.

I don't really count Heather's home and the streets of Silent Hill as levels.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I don't think I'd call any part of the game annoying, but I'd probably choose the subway station as my least favorite portion. It's generally not that interesting and sometimes I still make a wrong turn or two.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

The subway is the only spot I can get turned around a bit still. (Especially if I save, quit, and then come back.) I just replayed and I still feel generally this way, but It was definitely a bit more straightforward than I remember.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

This game has the most boring parts of all the games. Everything sucks from the subway until the construction site. I can't even play it anymore.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Mephisto wrote:Everything sucks from the subway until the construction site.
Yeah, I find it's super tedious on normal games. But when you play NG+ some of the areas are way more interesting visually at least. Those areas are definitely a slog to get through normally.
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

The Subway for me. So much of it just looks the same so it's easy to lose track of where you are.
ElizabethAS
Just Passing Through

Post by ElizabethAS »

My friend recently played this game for the first time. He's never played a Silent Hill game before, so the fact that he liked it makes me very happy, since it's my favourite Soylent Hell, as I like to call it.

We both came to the conclusion that;

- God was painful
- The sewers were painful
- Screw the mirror room
and last but not least,
- Slurpers suck

Well, I guess it's in the name, right ? (for the slurper thing)
Other than that, though, he liked it. iz gud
Droo

Post by Droo »

Oh God slurpers are the absolute worst.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Slurpers... I always saved all my beef jerkies for those assholes at the alternate business building...
I agree about the subway, it feels repetitive and I ALWAYS get lost there even with the map
Aeternus
Just Passing Through

Post by Aeternus »

Slurpers were annoying but at least the overhead swing of the Maul weapon destroyed them fairly easily. What I didn't like were those Pendulum creatures which were just a waste of health and/or ammo and generally not worth the effort to deal with. As for an area I used to get lost in the Subway on my first playthroughs a lot too, that is before I remembered the whole place by heart later on. The sewers were my least interesting area overall, and there was also a cool but annoying red wall blood effect there on Extra New Game, conjured by God, deliberately designed to waste health items. :x
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

The subway section gets a vote from me, too.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Hammerin'InMyHead
Just Passing Through

Post by Hammerin'InMyHead »

I tend to dislike the sewer areas in all games.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Yeah I don't know if it's just difficult to make a sewer level interesting or if most developers just don't bother trying.
Droo

Post by Droo »

My least favourite sewer area in any game is Final Fantasy VIII Deling City sewers.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Sewer levels in the Silent Hill series are like water levels in 80s side scrollers - everybody hates them.