Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 Oct 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: "Silent Hill" Mandela Effect Or

Missing since: 03 Apr 2018
Notes left: 3
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in media but I was listening to "Silent Hill" and at the 2:23 mark there's very subtle crying for 3 seconds which you can usually hear if your volume isn't low. However, I very clearly remember the crying being the more prominent part of the song, with it being much much louder and the crying sounding much different. This one almost sounds like gasping instead. I looked up several versions of the song for a good 5 hours but I could not find anything. That's why I came here and made this account, hoping that someone else could verify that they too have heard this different version somewhere. Is there actually a different version out there? Is the Mandela Effect to blame? I can clearly replay the song and crying in my head so I know it isn't faulty memory. Please help /:

Here's the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2cK8mOG4Q8

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: "Silent Hill" Mandela Effect Or

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
Good catch! Hmm, I don't remember the crying being more than that, though perhaps it's just my faulty memory. Perhaps it's just the nostalgia of it making it seem more obvious than it actually was?

I'm sorry, I'm of no help!

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: "Silent Hill" Mandela Effect Or

Missing since: 17 Sep 2009
Notes left: 770
Last seen at: Portland, OR
That video is the version I remember, as well. Perhaps there was an instance of more prominent crying in another track? In the actual game you can trigger VERY obvious crying in one of the school's bathrooms. Maybe you're overlaying that specific sound onto the intro song? o:

(also, did you try the song with headphones? maybe the crying sound is more obvious that way? it definitely seems to start at a much lower volume, then gets louder during the gasp)