Cybil: The Black Queen's Pawn (SPOILERS + Long Theory)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I like this theory a lot; though I don't really buy the Cybil Mother thing. The ignored-by-Alessa makes a bit more sense to me somehow.

In-depth analyses like this are the reason I join Silent Hill forums. 8)
Nightmare
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nightmare »

I think this theory makes alot of sense and I'm highly inclined to go with Drewfus theory on this. It makes alot of sense to me, thinking back. Chess game analogy, very cool. Also, Drew that theory is totally backing up the novel. Love it. :D
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/Chris012/Heathersig2.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ouh! Good theory Drewfus!

There was important things so much, I personally want to believe in that theory.
Cybil passing Harry on the road is, I believe, an image of the last thing Cybil did before she died. I think she was run off the road by someone in The Order and killed.
Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Thank you for that text!
Officer Bennett
Just Passing Through

Post by Officer Bennett »

Wow, that's finally a great theory about Cyb! *applauds*
"This Place is completely cut off!" - Officer Cybil Bennett
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think she just happened to find her way there by accident.

On a off topic note , which ending is canon ? Did Cybil die in Silent Hill 1 ?
Droo

Post by Droo »

Lost Memories states that the Good ending is the official one, but I have my problems with Lost Memories (the writer for SH1 not being part of its creation being one of them). Cybil is simply never mentioned again after SH1. I, however, see no reason why Good + couldn't be the official ending. Nothing in it directly contradicts SH3.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
white rabbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by white rabbit »

Could it be that Cybil went to Portland, Heather mentions "she has a trace more memory (than Alessa), she remembers her dear sweet mother". Maybe she was killed by the cult member. :roll: :mrgreen:
Or was she just being sarcastic?
"My days of taking you serious are close to a middle." - Firefly
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/iczerfae/All_SHf.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Cybil directly acknowledges Dahlia for the first and only time, drawing her gun on her.
This isn't entirely true, Drew. Cybil is listening to Dahlia very closely in the boat; whether she says anything or not to Dahlia is irrelevant, but she does acknowledge Dahlia's presence.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

She doesn't seem all that interested in her, though. Obviously she listens, as she heads to the amusement park, but she doesn't speak to Dahlia. I find this odd. As a cop in this very odd situation, I would think she'd want to interrogate Dahlia a bit, at least curious about the information she got second-hand through Harry about her. Cybil expresses a belief that she's on the drugs given to the tourists that she and the SHPD are investigating. Why doesn't she talk to her, or even look at her?
Lives in the mirror"
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

St. Thomas wrote:>Cybil directly acknowledges Dahlia for the first and only time, drawing her gun on her.
This isn't entirely true, Drew. Cybil is listening to Dahlia very closely in the boat; whether she says anything or not to Dahlia is irrelevant, but she does acknowledge Dahlia's presence.
This is obvious cause althoug Cyb and Dahlkia doent speak each other Cyb hears that Dahlia mention the amusement park... She decides by herself go there while Harry goes to the lighthouse that also was mentioned by Dahlia...
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

Theory's quite solid, in my opinion.

I must add, though, officially, Cybil went off to Silent Hill because she suddenly lost contact with the town. The Play Novel reiterates this by saying that Cybil was talking to her friend over at the Silent Hill Police Department when this happened, but her purpose of going to Silent Hill isn't tied to the Play Novel. Cybil suddenly lost contact and she went to Silent Hill to investigate.

"Lost Memories" suggests that Cybil is real, however. Not using this to say that your theory is incorrect, but just so that you know.

Great theory, by the way. It's been quite a while since I've read anything coherent (new theory-wise, that is) as this.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I know. I don't consider the Play Novel to be canon, though. I don't think Andy stowed away with Harry and Cheryl, and I don't think Cybil had extensive contact with little Cheryl, because we know Cheryl gets morphed into "Alessa" for her appearances post-crash. I see no reason why I shopuld pay attention to that one detail when there's just so much about the Play Novel that simply doesn't jive with me.

Thanks for the compliment! :) I try.
Lives in the mirror"
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Ah, you misunderstood me, Drew. Cybil's purpose in going to Silent Hill has nothing to do with the Play Novel itself. That's official Konami information. The Play Novel just explained that information in detail, that's all.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Good theory Drewfus! Maybe SH5 will shed more light on this.
valentinecliche
Just Passing Through

Post by valentinecliche »

wow.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I quite like this theory, Drewfus. It makes a lot of sense. If Alessa had a pawn in Lisa, it would only be fair for Dahlia to have one as well. And who would she use, Michael Kauffman? I wouldn't take advice from that cranky kook if he payed me to take it. :)
Droo

Post by Droo »

Kaufmann has no purpose there, other than to be punished by Alessa. If anything his presense serves Alessa as he exorcises God from her through the Aglaophotis.
Lives in the mirror"
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

So, if I am understanding you correctly, no one who is in Silent Hill is there by accident? I rather kind of like the idea of that. And at the same time, I don't. It would make sense that everyone there is there for a specific purpose, be it to help or to hinder Harry. It makes the game seem that much colder and more calculated. But on the flip side of that, no one is an innocent bystander to feel sorry for.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Well, who in the entire series has ever been there by accident? Even the characters in SH4 were selected by Walter for a reason.

There are still innocent bystanders, though. One cannot say that it's the fault of Lisa, Alessa, Angela, Eileen, Henry, etc. Not everyone there is a criminal, but everyone is there for a reason. It's not random.
Lives in the mirror"
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

That is what I meant by no innocent bystanders. That everyone is there for a reason. I meant like, if your theory is correct(and I like it), Cybil wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time and was accidentally sucked up into all. She was there for a specific purpose. Lisa wasn't just a frightened nurse left alone in a nightmare world. She too had a purpose. They may not have known it though, which I suppose does make it all the more tragic.