The Whispering

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

MetallicaManiac
Just Passing Through

The Whispering

Post by MetallicaManiac »

In the Blue Creek apartments, you go into a room that whispers something. You go into this room before your first boss fight, which is Pyramid Head. I have played through the game three times already and I turned up my volume to understand it. But still......I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT SAYS!!

Do any of you kind folks have any idea what this whispering is saying? Or am I really not supposed to understand? And does it connect to anything in the game?
Last edited by MetallicaManiac on 22 Nov 2005, edited 1 time in total.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion......and when it's a chicken, it's an omlette?" - George Carlin
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

some theories
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
1. See my dead wife, come home to do some laundry something something see Carter's face

2. See my dead wife, come home to do some laundry, place a pillow over her, put the body in the car

3. See my dead wife, come home to do some laundry, place the body outside the room as a joke to see the look on the landlords face.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I never caught that!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

First time I played through the game, I didn't catch alot of the voices either. There's nothing like playing Silent Hill 2 late at night with the lights out and on surround sound. Very creepy.
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

thats the first time Ive actually heard it, since I got the game the day it came out for ps2 :D woohoo!

It sounded like Jimmy carson/cartetson's face O.o guess we will never knwo whose face it is ...

wait!

what if its his face he is talking about? Like its what James was thinking.

Stay with me. Jimmy is nickname for James right. Who else has a dead wife? And what is James looking at in the start of the game? His face :D

long shot I know, but I like it ...
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

victim21 wrote: wait!

what if its his face he is talking about? Like its what James was thinking.

Stay with me. Jimmy is nickname for James right. Who else has a dead wife? And what is James looking at in the start of the game? His face :D

long shot I know, but I like it ...
Yep, I like that theory. I've never actually heard it in-game, but I'm sure Tom posted a sound clip of it once which I have somewhere on my computer......

I think it sounds like "see Jimmy Carson Simpson's face." Who's Jimmy Carson Simpson though? Who knows - not me.

Can someone tell me the number of the room it's heard in please? I'm replaying the game at the moment, and my nifty new TV may pick it up.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Actually, I just posted the link in my response at the top; feel free to re-download, or listen to your heart's content. The sound itself is in room 204 of the Blue Creek Apartments, I believe. Keep in mind, though: It plays randomly, and is pre-determined from the start of the game--so if it doesn't play the first time you walk in there, re-setting it won't do any good.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the Adversary wrote: Keep in mind, though: It plays randomly, and is pre-determined from the start of the game--so if it doesn't play the first time you walk in there, re-setting it won't do any good.
So basically, if it doesn't play the first time I walk in, I won't hear it at all? Not even if I just hang about like a lemon in the room?
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

That's really freaky...I dont think I've heard it before.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>if it doesn't play the first time I walk in, I won't hear it at all?
Yep. If it doesn't play, you'll hafta start a new game and hope for the best. Same with a lot of sounds in the game, actually. Unfortunately. Would've made the recording process a lot of easier back when I spent weeks recording everything from the game. Oh well. It was worth it.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Way to go Adversary! I can hear the words now.I always wondered what it said.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's pretty much a premenition.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Went through and found the voice too.
Thanks for the info Maniac.
Victim21 I love the idea.
Also follow the trunk theory.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Would've made the recording process a lot of easier back when I spent weeks recording everything from the game. Oh well. It was worth it.
Damn you are hardcore! :twisted:
Kudos!
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

I wonder who's face he's supposed to be seeing?

I never got the voices in the apartment when I played....which is probably good because I probably would have shrieked and thrown the controller at the tv.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/sephorasagredo/faded.gif[/img]

[i] ...are my screams just a whisper? [/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

maybe it was mary ? ? ? :!:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Intereting...i have never listen to that voice...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've heard it a couple of play-throughs, but never actually knew what it was saying. Thanks for clearing that up :D