Nine save points

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I still like mine.

Maybe it is a window.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

biomechanical wrote:
I think the fact that is it 9 Red Save Points together, just means that all of the missing pieces are starting to come together for James and it is like the accumulation and congregation of things leading up to a story's climax. All of the missing points in time from his subconscious memory are starting to make sense.

The pieces of the puzzle are starting to fit together.
Which kinda is connected to nine being the number of Satan and ego. Harry finds himself.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You mean James?

The squares are laid out in threes.

3+3+3=9

Divine Completeness+Divine Completeness+Divine Completeness=Divine Completeness from God.
boblecon1096
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by boblecon1096 »

The savepoints in sh2 looked always like some kind of "dream break". If the Silent Hill where James travel is beyond reality, the savepoints allow him to restart things when he dies. He saves, then gets killed. He's suddenly back near the savepoint as if it was a dream/nightmare only he has to repeat the same actions and succeed this time. It also kinda links to the window theory nonetheless. The savepoints may serve as a window and connects to reality.
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

Sometimes it's hard to know when one is crossing the line of being analytical and being anal with Silent Hill theories.
I personally don't know why there are nine squares; pretty much everyone's contributions made sense and are plausible.

The way I see it, the pre-Pyramid Heads fight cut scene is arguably the most important moment in the game, and it needed something suitably climatic to precede it. Playing through SH2 for the first time without spoilers, and seeing so many save points in one place instantly makes you realise that you’re about to face something of great importance.

The only problem I have with any of the theories presented is that most are specifically relevant to the other SH games.
Satan, God and Yggdrasil are all associated far more heavily with games three and particularly one, than with the second game.

Yes, any one of those could be completely right, but it seems to me that they might have been just building up to something.

And I’m not accusing anyone of being anal, before I get flamed.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm with you, Goodnight, actually. I don't believe there being nine at this point has any more significance than simply: Save it, doughbag. The save points by themselves, however, do have meaning, which I briefly covered above, but the collection of nine is just a warning.

Not to say that there isn't, or that what's mentioned isn't interesting, that's just my own interpretation.

Though I will throw this out there: It's the cover of the packaging for the Japanese version of the game, and scratched into the wall beside it reads The darkness that lurks in our mind.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just as with the endings, it's up for the player to decide what they mean.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Just as with the endings, it's up for the player to decide what they mean.
Probably that there are 2 PHs in the next room and you had better
f****n save. I love the discussions though.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Ulver09 wrote:but not looking into things is no fun at all!
That's true, as interesting as some of you guys' ideas are, i still think they're just save points that have no meaning. the fact that there are 9 of them IMO are just a coincidence. anyhow, this thread kept me from being bored at work, so... more ideas please.
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

The meaning of the red squares is what Goodnight and Adversary said, a warning of ''You'd better save old chap'', i was just adding a possable influence, even if it is outside.
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I too said that on the first page...but I never get credit :(
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

And it's what HealthDrinkGOOD said aswell, on the first page.
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
Junkyard God
Just Passing Through

Post by Junkyard God »

"... The angel—in my state of paralysis—offered me, the feral human it stood before, leaving only him and the flaming grass between me and that derelict house, an opportunity to rise and transcend to the elevated heights of God and of Heaven. My demure was simple; I wanted only to return to that house in order to relish in the deviations of my own fulminating existence; the existence I call house where I fell to my knees, reciting invidious prayers to the odious devil arranged before me, in nine pellucid tiles aligned in a square, carved centimeter-deep into the western wall, casting the winged devil back into the yellow sea from whence it came so long ago. ..."
cut out the roots and tear down the pulpit/ no judgement from you will ever change my mind/ assumptions met with decisions set, fear and hate/ you hide in your misguided loving forgiveness/ reason? reason to question your integrity and to question your motives/ your words mean only sickness from your head.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Nice. Anyone know who wrote that?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Junkyard God
Just Passing Through

Post by Junkyard God »

it was on the nursery cryme website

EDIT: i can post the whole thing if you want it
cut out the roots and tear down the pulpit/ no judgement from you will ever change my mind/ assumptions met with decisions set, fear and hate/ you hide in your misguided loving forgiveness/ reason? reason to question your integrity and to question your motives/ your words mean only sickness from your head.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Junkyard God wrote:it was on the nursery cryme website

EDIT: i can post the whole thing if you want it
Adversary... aren't you involved in nursery cryme?? :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>i can post the whole thing if you want it
That's alright. I've already got it.

>aren't you involved in nursery cryme??
No. Why?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry but I have to put in my two cents about three from a christian stand point.

3 is a holy number: The Holy Trinity ( The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost)

There are 8 groups of 3 hours in a day ( 3x8=24 )

and the bible says that 1/3 of the angles left with Satan after the battle in Hevan

and just to make this clear I am a christian.

-Sparta
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:I believe it means...SAVE because they next thing is a mo fo!!
That's what I always thought...also cuz it's the last save point in the game.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
Fungo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fungo »

I figured it meant, "You should REALLY save." No big long theories involved.

I really don't know; just my opinion.