the gray children

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

the gray children

Post by the man in the planet »

i hope this hasn't been posted before. i really, really looked (lord knows i've been reposting other people's finds a lot lately :oops:

i noticed there's a big difference in how the gray children looked in the very first actual trailer and how they've looked in the recent spots. in the first one they looked like they were burning or smouldering where now they just look grey and blobby. much more apparent in motion.

like they haven't added the effects to the other shots (or maybe they aren't the same creature?) or maybe in different part of the film? looks like the environment is different, but i'd guess (from the game) it's the opening part in the alley. unless they attack her again in the school?
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
ravern
Gravedigger

Post by ravern »

its probably because the burning stuff in the first picture was actualy completed before the other 2 clips the other 2 pictures come from. the special effects wasn't finsihed when the trailors and tv spots were released
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

They are two different Gray Children. The burning ones are missing limbs and stuff due to their "injury"...they appear more powdery later on.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

THOSE THINGS ARE SO FRIKIN SCARY/NASTY :shock:

I LOVE IT :D
oO?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't remember thesese from the game, are they a new design? :oops:
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Kiwi Dork wrote:I don't remember thesese from the game, are they a new design? :oops:
Kinda

In silent hill 1 there called mumbelers ( demon children as most people call them ) there the litle freaky white dudes everywhere.
oO?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sh#1fan wrote:
Kiwi Dork wrote:I don't remember thesese from the game, are they a new design? :oops:
Kinda

In silent hill 1 there called mumbelers ( demon children as most people call them ) there the litle freaky white dudes everywhere.
Are they the ones (as suggested earlier) that attack you in the alley at the beguinning? (Or where those the Claw Children...?) I rember reading somewhere that the grey children wher post to be screaming always, but in the game they wehre moaning, and then I also heard that the moan was produced by sped-up child laughter that was there original sound. SO which is used in the movie, screaming, moaning or laughing? :shock:
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

The burned ones are the final version of them, the plaing grey ones were probably pre-cgi enhancement.
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

demon children grey children mumblers are all the same thing in the american version they attack you in the alley

unless its the PAL version then they wernt in it but the claw fingers were called mumblers and they attack you in the alley
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Jeklinhyd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jeklinhyd »

--The burned ones are the final version of them, the plaing grey ones were probably pre-cgi enhancement.

If thats the case I like the pre-cgi look better.
"Never accept advice from a man wearing white pants," Michael J. Nelson
28/m/nazareth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 28/m/nazareth »

They didn't use cgi for the monsters...
Risk Racism: Putting all the yellow pieces on Asia
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No CGI...thats what I like the most..they look awesome...and they are actual people which scares me more...
Ryu
Just Passing Through

Post by Ryu »

Yep, perfectly describes the game. The monsters WERE humans once. I think it's a nice touch to the movie and kudos to the creature designer in making them look so great!
Nothing is for sure in life, that's the only thing I am sure of...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I didn't realize until recently that no CGI was used. Amazing what they can do these days...
Archaeis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Archaeis »

There is really no CGI in the movie?
[i]The first biological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
natural evolution is complete.[/i]

Artificial evolution has begun.

[i]The first psychological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
they do not need gods.[/i]

For they are gods.

[b]Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries[/b]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

cgi is like makeup on a woman. when applied correctly, you hardly notice it as it is meant to enhance features that were already there. when done incorrectly, you end up looking like a cheap hooker. and nobody wants to be a cheap hooker.

the "no cgi" was a classy move on their part.
Ryu
Just Passing Through

Post by Ryu »

I think the only CGI used is when the siren comes on and the town turns sinister. The part in the trailer where the walls are rotting away. I don;t think it is possible to achieve that without CGI.
Nothing is for sure in life, that's the only thing I am sure of...
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by the man in the planet »

not CG-created, CG-enhanced. i really don't see any difference in enhancing it, esp. since Gans said they did all kinds of camera tricks with the monsters like filming backwards to give them an unnatural look. i hate when people just bash CG outright. lots of things in films now are CG, nearly every film that comes out has been CG-enhanced to some degree. Apparently, all the fog in the film is CG-created (like The Others) and no doubt it went through a colourist and all the trickery there (to see how much they change a film, watch the extras on Panic Room - EVERYTHING gets tweaked). Even when I do a commercial, it goes through that process. POINT IS, i wasn't sure why they looked different, and even more wondering if she gets attacked by them twice in the film. and, to throw in my 2 cents, i prefer the smouldering darker ones to the rubbery grey ones.
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
Lord Stan Deluxe
Just Passing Through

Post by Lord Stan Deluxe »

Spoilers???

I think there will be two diffrent Grey Children. "Normal" (if that word fits them) ones and then burned ones when Rose reaches the final area of the movie (Nowhere??).
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/GuildWarsX/LordStanNoizSig.jpg[/img]
"Have you seen my wife? She died about three years ago and looks pretty nasty now." -James
ravern
Gravedigger

Post by ravern »

of course the cgi in the movie. just not for the characters. as in all character you see have someone inside the costum. cgi was added to them later for the burning affect and other stuff.

and most of the tv clips are pre-cgi. so in the finaly cut they most probably will have the burning look on them