The Mason Family

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

white rabbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by white rabbit »

St. Thomas wrote:That isn't Alessa that offers Harry the child: It's God.

Mother of God, Daughter of God = Alessa gave birth to God, God gave birth to Heather.
why would God give birth to Cheryl and then hand it over to harry who tried to kill God?
I think that after God is destroyed, Alessa reappears for the last time (at that point) and give the baby to Harry
"My days of taking you serious are close to a middle." - Firefly
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/iczerfae/All_SHf.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>why would God give birth to Cheryl and then hand it over to harry who tried to kill God?
Because "Cheryl" will now have God within her as well. God needs to carry-on, right? I should ask you Why would Alessa give Harry a child with God in her considering Alessa wants God destroyed?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If the woman in white is God, and Heather has "god" (that isn't really God) in her, this doesn't make any sense! that thing in Heather is most likely a demon, as mentioned in that book w/ the info on the herb, it was probaly the same demon from the first game, and if it is , it was put into Alessa, and IF God really is the woman in white then since Heather is the reincartnation of Alessa, that demon carried over w/ her , she probaly never really got unpossesed anyway.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What? -Richard M. Nixon
No, really: that made little-to-no sense.

Dahlia calls The Holy Woman in White God. In Silent Hill 3, we learn that The Order worships a God that is construed as a Holy Woman, not as the Incubus; only Dahlia believes the appearance of God is that of the Incubus.

A timeline: Alessa & Cheryl merge. The Holy Woman in White (aka The Order's God) is born. Aglaophotis is used, extravasating Dahlia's vision of God, Incubus. The Incubus dies, and The Holy Woman reappears. It offers Harry a child, "Heather", thus creating a cycle that God will forever be a part of.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

then what happend to Alessa
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Gray
Just Passing Through

Post by Gray »

She remains as a spirit no?
But my question was more like : Don't you think that it s a bit strange (stupid?!) to give 2 time the same name to a child ! even if the first one is "dead"?
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

nah i think he was sad that hed lost 2 people in his life and wanted to make belive heather WAS cheryl as if nothing ever happend
Archaeis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Archaeis »

Well, since they found Cheryl to begin with, they may not have adopted her legally. Perhaps it was easier for Harry, especially when he is on the run, to just act as if it's the same kid. It does say in Douglas' notes that records say Heather should be 24, but looks/acts 17.
[i]The first biological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
natural evolution is complete.[/i]

Artificial evolution has begun.

[i]The first psychological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
they do not need gods.[/i]

For they are gods.

[b]Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries[/b]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>what happened to Alessa
The same thing that happened to Cheryl.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

she became heather so all 3 souls were turned into 1 but the holy woman did she just go up to the heavens or did she die
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Holy Mother in White died in the rain of fire after giving the baby to Harry. But the baby was her.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alessa divided herself, creating Cheryl from Silent Hill 1.
Cheryl gets taken to Silent Hill by an unsuspecting Harry Mason; the divided souls become one again.
Thanks to Dahlia, Alessa becomes the Holy Mother In White.
Dr. Kaufmann chucks the Aglaophotis at the Holy Mother, causing her to barf up an incomplete 'God'.
Harry kills a weak 'God', Holy Mother gives baby to Harry before dying, which he names Cheryl after the 7 year old girl who was lured away from him.
After attack from a cultist, Harry and Cheryl change their names and go into hiding; Cheryl becomes "Heather".
Douglas finds Heather, and then later Claudia - Claudia causes Alessa's memories to resurface in Cheryl/Heather.
Events in Silent Hill 3 take place - Cheryl/Heather realizes that she is in fact the rebirth of Alessa Gillespie, basically making her Cheryl/Heather/Alessa.
Heather chooses the name Cheryl for herself to honor her father's sacrifice.
St. Thomas wrote:Nowhere does it say that her name is Heather Morris except for on the packaging of the American edition--but the game package isn't correct.
Maybe, so then they never tell us what their last name was changed to; I refuse to believe anyone who's being stalked by a mad cult would be so stupid as to change their first names but not their last.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

St. Thomas wrote:What? -Richard M. Nixon
No, really: that made little-to-no sense.

Dahlia calls The Holy Woman in White God. In Silent Hill 3, we learn that The Order worships a God that is construed as a Holy Woman, not as the Incubus; only Dahlia believes the appearance of God is that of the Incubus.

A timeline: Alessa & Cheryl merge. The Holy Woman in White (aka The Order's God) is born. Aglaophotis is used, extravasating Dahlia's vision of God, Incubus. The Incubus dies, and The Holy Woman reappears. It offers Harry a child, "Heather", thus creating a cycle that God will forever be a part of.
oh ok, the previous thing you said did not make sense to me at first.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Thanks to Dahlia, Alessa becomes the Holy Mother In White.
The Holy Woman in White isn't the Holy Mother though--that title is reserved, according to the Sect of the Holy Woman, for Alessa. But, as you can plainly see at the end of Silent Hill 1, Alessa & "Cheryl" become one--The Holy Woman in White--, and, when this occurs, God is born.

Dahlia even calls The Holy Woman in White god.

You must also realize that the rest of The Order believes God to be a Womanly figure, not Incubus--only Dahlia believes that. In Silent Hill 3, Heather states that she would pray to the Chapel's Altar, meaning they'd already had the stained-glass windows indicating that God was already conceived as woman. Since she prayed here, why would Dahlia have her own Altar in the basement of Green Lion Antiques? She wouldn't, unless she needed it--which she did: the Altar is in worship to a Winged Demon, Incubus--not a Holy Woman in White.

Anyway. The simple fact that Dahlia calls the Holy Woman in White god should be enough, and also the fact that St. Alessa is construed as The Mother of God, Daughter of God.

The Mother, Alessa gave birth to God, The Holy Woman in White. The Holy Woman in White, God, gave birth to Heather. If The Holy Woman in White were not God, and Incubus was, then the Incubus would've given Harry the child, not The Holy Woman in White.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

So God infact looks like Alessa?
Godzilla
Historical Society Historian

Post by Godzilla »

Yeah. I'm pretty sure the painitngs in the church in SH3 show God looking like Alessa. Thing is, shouldn't Alessa and Heather look identical? I mean the Alessa in SH1, because obviously Heather is Alessa.
I kick [i]your[/i] ass.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>So God infact looks like Alessa?
God appears however the Conjurer wants It. To Alessa, she was a sacrifice for God, so It took on her form; to Dahlia, it was the Incubus; to Claudia, it was Alessa; to Walter, it was The Room.

>Thing is, shouldn't Alessa and Heather look identical?
God works in mysterious ways. Heather shouldn't have a belly-button, but she does.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I meant the actual real diety that most of the Order worships, not the thing that came out of Alessa/Heather.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The Chapel paintings don't construe God as Alessa, so: No. The Order doesn't perceive Alessa as God, but rather the Mother of God.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Heather dyed her hair blonde. That's why she doesn't look like Alessa. Douglas mentions this in the "good" ending.
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

But even so, people have used photoshop and have colored Heather's hair black and she still doesn't look like Alessa. Which is better that way because if she looked like Alessa then that would just ruin the game right from the start. I didn't figure out Heather was Alessa until she talks to Vincent in the otherworld office building.