More Pyramid Head please....Read please

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Vampire_Bunni

More Pyramid Head please....Read please

Post by Vampire_Bunni »

Just seen the film ppl and was left happy but unsatisfied at the same time which has neva happened before..... i was on the edge of my seats when pyramid head was trying to get them in that room but then nothing.... then he appeared again... the skin ripping was shocking and very cool but i felt the need for him to chase.... like in silent hill 2 that part of the game when your running down the corridor and you can only see behind you..and PH is chasing you was soooo scary.... i hope that is included next time if they do a sequal.....

also i was a bit confused as to why they spent so long at the begginning explaining about sharons sleep problem etc this could have been cut down and more action could have been put in... other than that though i loved the film .... i will be buying it to go with all my silent hill games collection hehe....
Orestes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Orestes »

I think it's good that Pyramid Head had minimal screen time. It keeps him more mysterious and, therefore, more scary.
In Silent Hill, the party finds you

Post by Guest »

yeh i know but.... he scares the hell out of me when he is on the screen to lol....
Anonymous

Re: More Pyramid Head please....Read please

Post by Anonymous »

Vampire_Bunni wrote:the skin ripping was shocking and very cool but i felt the need for him to chase.... like in silent hill 2 that part of the game when your running down the corridor and you can only see behind you..and PH is chasing you was soooo scary....
Lol, yeah i forgot about that. Now that would have been really cool! PH slowly chasing you and the main character is stuck in a dead end!

BTW, do you remember that part when Rose is in the lift and Cybil pulls out the stick for the lift to close. I laughed at that part (i'm sorry :( ) because it felt like Cybil has just condemed Rose!

Imagines Rose saying "Noooooo!! Don't leave me here! Open the door! Let me out!! Somebody help me!!" I thought Cybil would at least beat them all up and then join Rose. Man, she owned all of them with a pipe then she pulled out her gun, found out she had no bullets and then got owned? What the hell was that all about? What happaned to the pipe?

And I wanted to see Rose clobber something with a pipe but all she did was run. They should make the pipe an essential thing of the SH universe. Forget guns, forget tanks, forget nuclear bombs. This Holy Hand Pipe will own the very demon of hell itself!
Vampire_Bunni

Post by Vampire_Bunni »

haha yeh the pipe vanished...she gave up to easily lol shud av put me in there id av won :P

yeh the bit with the lift...what i though shud have happened was cybil get in there to then when they hit that long corridor at the end maybe the lft doors open front and back and behind cybil and rose stood pyramid head... he then gives that chasing scene for suspense and then maybe kills cybil as they reach the door, with his huge blade... leaving only rose able to get in the door..... maybe thats just me tho?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

she gave up easily as a way to protect Rose

She gave her life so Rose and Sharon could be together....even if they never leave the town again.

Also...Pyramid Head was used wisely. Anything else would been like that piece of shit Nemesis in the second RE film.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Vampire_Bunni wrote:haha yeh the pipe vanished...she gave up to easily lol shud av put me in there id av won :P

yeh the bit with the lift...what i though shud have happened was cybil get in there to then when they hit that long corridor at the end maybe the lft doors open front and back and behind cybil and rose stood pyramid head... he then gives that chasing scene for suspense and then maybe kills cybil as they reach the door, with his huge blade... leaving only rose able to get in the door..... maybe thats just me tho?
Lol, right out of Silent Hill 2 :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

FrozenHalo wrote:she gave up easily as a way to protect Rose

She gave her life so Rose and Sharon could be together....even if they never leave the town again.

Also...Pyramid Head was used wisely. Anything else would been like that piece of shit Nemesis in the second RE film.
word! Those Resident Evil movies were garbage.... but then again so was Resident Evil 3. I always thought a monster with a rocket launcher was a really stupid concept.
kingscratchie
Just Passing Through

Post by kingscratchie »

The way they used Pyramid Head was excellent, the was he appeared and dissappeared was awesome to see, and the way he used the great knife was awesome.
I needed you to punish me, I don't need you anymore
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by lovelytourniquet »

Yeah, considering about half the people on this forum drool a little excessivly over PH I think it is only just that he didn't get much screen time. He is a cool character concept but WAY to obsessed over.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5349/lovelyvines4tj.jpg[/img]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I think they used PH effectively. he got enough screen time and had a brilliant exit scene for the film. the scene where he rips that gals skin off left you saying "now that's a bad mutha...."
Scabbed Angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Scabbed Angel »

FrozenHalo wrote:she gave up easily as a way to protect Rose

I was just remarking to my friend, using said hulking failure as a comparison to what they did right with PH. Still think he could have afforded perhaps one more scene. How about removed that wretched "boss" from the end, and doing something with him. Or anyone else really, I just hate that boss.
Masahiro Ito fanboy
Droo

Post by Droo »

He could have showed up in the Hospital basement after the Nurses. Maybe we could have seen the infamous "PH dragging a Nurse" scene that was cut from SH2.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

While I absolutly loved seeing Pyramid Head on screen, and I do obsese over him. I don't think he exactly fit in the movie, other then being an excuitioner. Almost all the other monsters had a purpose a feeling behind him. He was more or less just Fan service.... A little disapointing, I would rather that he be saved for (hopefully) future movies. But they did do a good job of presenting his likeness on the screen.
Scabbed Angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Scabbed Angel »

Empty_Eyes wrote:While I absolutly loved seeing Pyramid Head on screen, and I do obese over him.
I get fat over him too! ;)

Empty_Eyes wrote:I don't think he exactly fit in the movie, other then being an excuitioner. Almost all the other monsters had a purpose a feeling behind him. He was more or less just Fan service.... A little disapointing, I would rather that he be saved for (hopefully) future movies. But they did do a good job of presenting his likeness on the screen.
He really didn't have a clear role as an executioner, which I was a little disapointed in. In all actuality, he didn't seem any more or less important than the other monsters, whose btw, existence was never explained to the audience... I agree, aside from the slight change in helmet, he was done fantastically. That scene with him trying to skewer them... man that was pants-creaming good!
Masahiro Ito fanboy
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Scabbed Angel wrote:
Empty_Eyes wrote:While I absolutly loved seeing Pyramid Head on screen, and I do obese over him.
Haha, that was as priceless typo! :D

Initially I was agaisnt him being in the movie because it didn't seem to fit well to me but I ended up being fine after I saw how little screen time he actually took up. I bet since there is a rabid fanbase of PH fans alone we will be treated to deleted scenes with him on the dvd. It is within the realms of possibility at least. I mean, the only reason they added extra scenes to Alien 3 and Alien Ressurection were for the fans.
XxMAGGOTxX
Gravedigger

Post by XxMAGGOTxX »

I was pissed off about the lack of PH as well. I really wanted to see him chop someone in half. But actually I was a bit discontent with his role in the movie period. He served like absolutly no purpose in the movie.
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/zzz_zzz_zzz_zzz/PH_Sig.gif[/img]
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

yeah i felt there should have been a tad more PH.

leaves me wanting more though! I'd rather feel like that than feel I saw too much of him.

EDIT: the beginning did drag a tad as well.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/dumke/Cardia%20Stuff/Shark-Banner.gif[/img]NEW SONG UP!
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

The beginning of Silent Hill 2 dragged as well and it is considered one of the best games by a lot of the fans. There is always a reason my friend.
paudertzz

Post by paudertzz »

Scabbed Angel wrote:

Empty_Eyes wrote:I don't think he exactly fit in the movie, other then being an excuitioner. Almost all the other monsters had a purpose a feeling behind him. He was more or less just Fan service.... A little disapointing, I would rather that he be saved for (hopefully) future movies. But they did do a good job of presenting his likeness on the screen.
He really didn't have a clear role as an executioner, which I was a little disapointed in. In all actuality, he didn't seem any more or less important than the other monsters, whose btw, existence was never explained to the audience... I agree, aside from the slight change in helmet, he was done fantastically. That scene with him trying to skewer them... man that was pants-creaming good!
I thought Cybil would at least beat them all up and then join Rose. Man, she owned all of them with a pipe then she pulled out her gun, found out she had no bullets and then got owned
she knew she didnt have any bullets cause before earlier in the movie she used all he bullets on the PH when they were in the room and re-holestered her gun and she didnt care any more because she thought there was no way out in my opinion :mrgreen: