The End. Icky-Icky Slash. Slash. (Game Spoiler)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Avianna
Cafe5to2 Waitress

The End. Icky-Icky Slash. Slash. (Game Spoiler)

Post by Avianna »

Did anyone feel that, as cool as the floating bed burn victim Alessia was, that the major killing and ripping people to shreds Gore Horror ending just didn't fit the feel of the Silent Hill movies. Cause although I did enjoy the film, watching that felt out of place.
F8TAL
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by F8TAL »

I thought it was needed as a means of Alessa'a revenge against those who burned her to death.

I will agree on some level being that it reminded me of Carrie-like revenge, but for this movie, yes.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/blank_terminus/F8TALsig.jpg[/img]
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by lovelytourniquet »

Worked just fine for me. Blood, blood, and more blood. Can you taste it? MMMM
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5349/lovelyvines4tj.jpg[/img]
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

It wouldnt have worked with the feel of the games, but I think it worked with the film. The film was heavy on gore, and to be honest it was, as you say, damn cool.

My only dissapointment was that Pyramid Head didnt rise up and start slaughtering people. I really did expect that to happen.
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

I suppose that proves Pyramid Head in the movie really had nothing to do with Alessa, which is a good thing!

If anything, Alessa's vengeance reminded me of Marya in Silent Hill 2, albiet much more gruesome.

However, I'm somewhat confused why Alessa didn't burn them as they did her - making the Incubus appear would have been pretty cliche', but the whole purified by flame thing seemed such a strong theme that I was suprised they didn't use that as the method of execution as poetic justice.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
Sefiros
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sefiros »

It was fine for the movie, I don't really think it'd fit in any of the games though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Also it introduced tentacle rape to the masses :roll:

I almost felt sorry for Christabella at that point, then I remembered Kentucky Fried Alessa and all was well again.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, we've also never seen this many characters in Silent Hill.
Jonathan McEnroe
Just Passing Through

Post by Jonathan McEnroe »

I was ever so happy for Christabella to be slaughtered at that part, I felt sorry for Cybil though, I didn't want her to die.

The ending reminded me of a mixture between 2 and 3. It was still a very dark concept and very harsh which was wonderful.

Rose wasn't running around doing martial artist and Cybil was all miss bad ass and killing everyone. Everyone's weaknesses were exploited and Alessa reaped revenge and got it.

Ahhhh the screams :D

Jonny
Patiently awaiting Silent Hill 5 :D
28/m/nazareth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 28/m/nazareth »

The scene of Alessa rising was my favorite. I didn't like the memory of Alessa UNTIL she started dancing in the gore. For some reason that part really clicked me with her. The music during this sequence really topped it off but, I didn't like when the wires penetrated Christabella in a "sensitive spot" I kind of saw it coming and I thought it was maybe too over the top.
Risk Racism: Putting all the yellow pieces on Asia
Jonathan McEnroe
Just Passing Through

Post by Jonathan McEnroe »

Well, I think she had it coming hehe, I think there were penitrating here everywhere else they would have eventually gone there eventually. It was a brutal ending to her, but she deserved it the evil wench! I was liking Cybil up to when she was beaten down, I didn't want her to die, you could feel for her as she was being lowered onto that fire, it was so sad.
Patiently awaiting Silent Hill 5 :D
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Maybe getting stabbed in the vagina by barbed wire had something to do with motherhood? Which was one of the main themes of the movie. I loved the Memory of Alessa monster, it was kick ass.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

She got barbed wire up her. Now thats vengence, Old Skool.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I was pissed Cybil died like that, in the game you know, Cybil is killed and she dies, not suffering as movie-Cybil did. THat was the most hard hitting thing for me. I sat with this pissed off glare until Christabella died, which I though was gruesome enough for SH, since there isn't that much gore in the games. But overall I was not too happy with the barb wire penatration, or the idea at all. I think that it could have been handled by some simple slashing maybe....a little too gruesome for me, since I love the mysterious aura SH deaths have.
Anonymous

Re: The End. Icky-Icky Slash. Slash. (Obviously a Spoiler)

Post by Anonymous »

Avianna wrote:Did anyone feel that, as cool as the floating bed burn victim Alessia was, that the major killing and ripping people to shreds Gore Horror ending just didn't fit the feel of the Silent Hill movies. Cause although I did enjoy the film, watching that felt out of place.
I agree with you. I think the final scene was a bit extreme. The games would never have anything like that in it and the barbed wire doesnt make any sense. All though it does look cool.

My boyfriend and I were talking about it and we thought it would have been much better if two pyramid heads came up and killed everyone and than themselves (like in SH2). It still could have been gorey but it would be more like the games and it would have solidified pyramid head as a character in the film. As the executioner.
Scabbed Angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Scabbed Angel »

I thought the concept was cool, but the huge slaughter, as well as Alessa "Stick a Fork in me I'm done" Gillespie's design was poor... I asked myself "At what point did this cease to be a SH movie, and become Hellraiser?" At first I thought all those people wouldn't ruin the SH mood, but in the end, I think that's (and the mini-me looking KFA) what put a wet blanket on my movie experience. Blood and all is cool, but the ending was over done imho, and didn't match the feel of Silent Hill or the first half of the movie, which until the right after PH does his thing, was 10/10 in my eyes. This last part reduced it to a 6/10 imho.
Masahiro Ito fanboy
daisuke999
Just Passing Through

Post by daisuke999 »

I liked the bed/barbed wire ending. Sortof reminded me of SH2 the game when in one of the endings mary is attacking james from her rusted '' bed '' looking thing.
I was so happy when Christabella was killed. She really pisses me off.
Too bad Claudia wasn't in the game, I liked her.
And when cybil dies... It didn't really bother me I never really liked her charecter.
THEY SO DID NOT PUT ENOUGH PYRAMID HEAD!! I L-O-V-E HIM!! I swear if my bf could get a suit like his.... GWARRR... i'd be all over him :oops:
D.O.P.E.: Y0uR K1d5 4r3 0n DrUg5
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It would have not made sense for Pyramid Head to take out Christabella. It was a personal thing between her and Alessa and as such a lackey killing her would have seemed weird. I had no problem with the gore as I do think it was relative to the games, just confined to a 5th of the time and as such it seemed amplified. There was something darkly poetic about the way the cult members were thrown around by their ankles and something very harrowing about Cybil's sacrifice...even if they did kill her twice :roll:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Scabbed Angel wrote:At first I thought all those people wouldn't ruin the SH mood, but in the end, I think that's (and the mini-me looking KFA) what put a wet blanket on my movie experience.
I agree with you. I wish that they'd used a plot more like SH2 for the movie, because I think the cultists came off as a little corny and overdone on the big screen. Also Cristabella doesn't make a very good villain when you don't even really meet her until the movie's half over. I think using the plot from SH2 would have allowed fewer characters, and a more elegantly-spun story. Plus, as I said in another thread, people love tragic love stories. The evil tortured kid motif has been overdone since The Ring, but how cool would it have been to see a story like SH2's brought to the big screen?
daisuke999
Just Passing Through

Post by daisuke999 »

I agree SH2 would have been a kickass story for the big screen. Although they sortof used a bit of it.. they mixed sortof sh1,sh2,and sh3... I found the sh4 story didn't really follow the story. I didn't catch anything except for the fact that the little boy in sh4 had a relation in sh2... That's it..
Anyways I hope IF they make a sequel there will be more Pyramid Head.. I LOVEEEEEE pyramid head!! <3 :wink:
D.O.P.E.: Y0uR K1d5 4r3 0n DrUg5