Okie dokie, to those complaining about anna's acting...

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

pwn3d91
Just Passing Through

Okie dokie, to those complaining about anna's acting...

Post by pwn3d91 »

Am I the only one that thought she looked mentally challenged? Her mouth was at a curve and she seemed...twitchy, so I thought that her acting was actually pretty good, if she was playing taht role. If not I qagree with all of you.
FACT:Jesus indeed does NOT love the little children.
28/m/nazareth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 28/m/nazareth »

She reminded me of an Angela with guts.
Risk Racism: Putting all the yellow pieces on Asia
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah that was the impression that I got as well. She seemed a little slow and kinda brainwashed by the cult. Maybe autistic, it was never explained but she was very childlike. And I think that was a decision made by the director, not lousy acting :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I thought she was like that in the game - but I haven't played it yet.

I have an idea that living in silent hill for a long time and having to cope with the darkness that's helped make her seem weird. In the film, I thought it added a nice contrast to that Dahlia person.
Pandora's XBox
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Pandora's XBox »

Alessa's Father wrote:I thought she was like that in the game
She isn't in the game :P

Anyway, I didn't think she was that bad. After her first few lines I perceived that she was mentally challenged. Being severely sheltered could also create a similar effect, I assume.
28/m/nazareth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 28/m/nazareth »

Alessa's Father wrote:I thought she was like that in the game - but I haven't played it yet.

I have an idea that living in silent hill for a long time and having to cope with the darkness that's helped make her seem weird. In the film, I thought it added a nice contrast to that Dahlia person.
Edit: You fast posters, you!

Anna's actress portrayed her well. The character seemed child like and impulsive. I just don't get the people that thought it was bad acting on her part.
Last edited by 28/m/nazareth on 22 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Risk Racism: Putting all the yellow pieces on Asia
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's what I got too, her being handicapped somehow. She acted and sounded like a child, I thought it made a lot of since actually, because she was the only one from the cult who was nice to Rose and Cybill. But, I guess the people who expected all the actors to be recieving acadamy awards on here, might be dissapointed. :roll:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Or, you know, it could be induced by the trauma of living in a reality that snows ash and having been surrounded by a group of relgious nutz that insist they've saved the world from Apocalypse (in 33/16) by killing innocent children.

Yeah, that might do it too...
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

That doesn't change the fact that her acting was god damned aweful.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Numb Body01 wrote:That doesn't change the fact that her acting was god damned aweful.
As a matter of FACT, it wasn't.
Littlestardweller

Post by Littlestardweller »

Hahaha, Aweful or awful? hehe

I thought she did an alright job, maybe her voice is a bit annoying but I could tell she was afraid and she seemed like a more believable believer in the "faith" stuff going on there. Cult if that's what it should be called.
...that all my life I've been rushing up and down hills, leaping rivers, crashing over obstacles,
never dreaming that one day that beautiful thing in flight would land on this earth and into my arms
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

At least Tanya Allen (Anna) acted normal on the premiere interviews.

On the interview Chris Gans said that he wanted 'unique' actors in the film, and I guess Tanya Allen fits in the 'unique' catagory :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 22 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Sorry, I can't spell very well. When it comes to acting I suppose, there are no facts. Me and all the people who went with me thought she was absolute shit though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
valentinecliche
Just Passing Through

Post by valentinecliche »

let me just say that her character was a comedy release in the film.
every one laughed at her and kind of liked her, so when she got her skin ripped off well, it had more of an impact.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with St. Thomas, that living with that cult your whole life would fill you with fear of anything or anyone unknown. Did anyone notice she was alot younger then anyone else in the cult? Everyone else seemed very old besides her. Plus Christabella did say when she was killed that she had strayed from the flock or whatever.
pwn3d91
Just Passing Through

Post by pwn3d91 »

Okay good I'm not alone lol
FACT:Jesus indeed does NOT love the little children.
kingscratchie
Just Passing Through

Post by kingscratchie »

I thought the acting was dead on, if you've ever seen a video with someone brainwashed/ committed to something, they act in a certain way. The fact that she was sheltered by the cult and didn't know about the outside world added to the acting.
I needed you to punish me, I don't need you anymore
Heaney
Just Passing Through

Post by Heaney »

i think she pulled off the character pretty well.... ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE GOT HER TITS RIPPED OFF!
BOOYAH!
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I thought her acting was fine, and Pyramid Head is *harsh*! :shock:
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

She was... awkward, but it was suitable.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]