Sh4 Good Changes and bad

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Sh4 Good Changes and bad

Post by Anonymous »

Hey yall im starting this topic to see if we can take the good out of all 4 games and see if we can come up with a sh4 that would be the best one yet feel free too give story lines and such
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I like the weapons in sh 2
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the rifle the shot gun and the handgun used in all 4 were great
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I like the first person view in parts too
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Quadruple posting? No. Please EDIT your posts next time. This is not a chatroom, so you don't have to hit "submit" whenever you want to say something.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
sh_cityzen
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by sh_cityzen »

the emergency hammer is great. to bad that they didnt include it in other versions :cry:
[img]http://www.hot.ee/leonepsx/shc2.jpg[/img]
SilentGil
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentGil »

Krist. wrote:Quadruple posting? No. Please EDIT your posts next time. This is not a chatroom, so you don't have to hit "submit" whenever you want to say something.
The "you are doubleposting" posts are annoying too :P
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9457/silentgilfirma022tr.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Really? When I see someone post a few times in a row I'm thinking "wtf I hope this noob got owned" -Scrolls Down- "Oh hooray, they did"

I think SH is more about blunt Melee weapons than guns. And it does a bloody good job of giving a large variety of them.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

SilentGil wrote:
Krist. wrote:Quadruple posting? No. Please EDIT your posts next time. This is not a chatroom, so you don't have to hit "submit" whenever you want to say something.
The "you are doubleposting" posts are annoying too :P
Maybe if people stopped doing it, we wouldn't have to say it?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
stone_psycho
Just Passing Through

Post by stone_psycho »

i enjoyed the first person elements, what i really missed though was the puzzles. i also thought it was too linear.
Houtakiboy
Just Passing Through

Post by Houtakiboy »

I liked the melee-style combat, especially the various animations Henry went through when swinging the different weapons to their maximum "swingery". I loved the changes his apartment would adopt upon his return from the different worlds. Sometimes the changes were barely noticeable, other times, disturbingly apparent.

What I didn't like about Silent Hill 4 was the 2d control mechanism. reminded me of the appalling control system in Tomb Raider AOD.
He who is not bold enough to be stared at from across the abyss,
is not bold enough to stare into it himself.
xmooglex
Just Passing Through

Post by xmooglex »

I agree with.... Stone Psycho? Thats an interesting one. Sh4 lacked the good ol' puzzles. The ghosts were way to annoying, especially in the subway.
I think the combat in SH should always be restricted, because the idea is you're assuming the role of a seemingly ordinary individual, so they shouldn't be able to do these cool moves right? So far they've done that well.

PS: VERY few things were as bad as TR: AOD
Pissant_Partisan
Gravedigger

Post by Pissant_Partisan »

I didn't like the way...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
you had to redo the 4 "worlds" again, personally I felt that was a real cop out. In particular the forest world second time, when I saw that doll with the sign "you must find all my body parts" pinned to it my heart just sank, as I knew I had a good half hour of trying to look in various obscure corners of the map, whilst dodging ghosts, ahead of me.

Ghosts can't die either...that was fairly irritating, I like to kill things :? , but it did make the game more frightening, and was definately original, so I'm willing to let it go.
I like the way the combat worked...I've started playing another game at the moment called obscure, where it's near impossible to hit anything with a melee weapon as there are so many variables to take into account, in SH4 Henry does home in on the target to a certain extent...it just makes the game run more smoothly and realistically IMO.
I don't like havingto babysit Eileen all game, and the way it effects the ending with no real suggestion that it would.
I love how scary they made it :D :D :mrgreen:

I don't like how lame the alt. costume is for Eileen, it's not even sexy...I'm sure it wouldn't have killed them to put some lingerie in there, it's not exactly a great leap of imagination.

I also think this game lacks replayability....

Ok, that'll do :)
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2075/resizedsigsg4.jpg[/img]
Captain Rio
Just Passing Through

Post by Captain Rio »

Ghosts were a good idea but the fact that when you beat them they stay down for a second makes it a waste of time to stop them without using a "special" item.
Those who have made no error have made nothing.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

This is a terrible topic.

I guess just try to make another amazing game without
adding so much change as to destroy the original feel
of SH.
Ghosts: O.K

Weapons: Keep it melee and more midevil

Characters: Don't forget to give the main Character
a personality.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Mrs.Townshend
Just Passing Through

Post by Mrs.Townshend »

You have to understand the game I guess to really like it.
It must be hard to show personality in that situation because he was still in shock from what was going on around him that he really couldn't be like "Oh this is my TV. The power won't turn on so I cant watch Seinfeld..." Really the only character that showed personality for me was Heather usually by studying their rooms you find something about who they are though it may not be spelt out but theres something.
Weapons were great I like how more realistic they were for the fact that they didn't give you a flame thrower, or machine gun for you to use. It makes it harder when you have to fight with a melee weapon.
The monsters were great and scary when theres a variety around you, or when they attach from front and behind.
So no changes for me love the story!
Anonymous

Re: Sh4 Good Changes and bad

Post by Anonymous »

Well... SIlent Hill 4 is pretty much my fave...

I just loved the story, the weapons (mainly hand to hand... Don't mess with the Pickaxe of Dispair)
I also thought that it was the most twisted of them all... The ambiance whas just plain awsome and music was perfectly done.
Pissant_Partisan
Gravedigger

Post by Pissant_Partisan »

Henry not having a personality was no issue for me it all, he just became a vehicle for the player to express their personality through, and in this sense it was very succesful.

Also, Id've liked it if they'd included a shotgun (without it being a secret), even if it had very limited ammo throughout the game...it's an archetypal monster-killing weapon :D , I'd love to see one of those creatures in the
hospital
world drop from a blunderbuss blast :D .
rem
Just Passing Through

Post by rem »

I hate how they decided they were too lazy to bother making more than half of a game for us. And what's up with there not being a joke ending? Or ANYTHING?

But I definately liked that they improved the battle system, SH really needed that..
[size=75]what's a wheelchair doing in an elementary school..?[/size]
[url=http://blackmoontides.com/][img]http://www.blackmoontides.com/bn02.gif[/img][/url]
lisbent
Just Passing Through

Post by lisbent »

i hated the controls

i hated the atmosphere (wheres the fucking fog?)

i hated the monsters (whats up with those brazil-doubleheads? make up your own damn monsters konami!!!!!)

i hated the item system

i hated all the worlds

i liked the plot

i liked the first person thing

i think they wrecked sh4 so badly its not even worth buying.