Lisa (The Red Nuse) Discussions

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

kisho
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kisho »

Well, It is a matter of personal interpretation, but her look with her expression just screamed "princess" to me, which is why I view the situation as I do
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

Maybe when you first see her in the flashback. But after looking into the incubator she looked sad.
Miros
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Miros »

Between the game and the movie...I always thought that...awww oh well I may as well spoiler this just in case. =p
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In the game, I always thought that alessa kept Lisa around to remind her of some of the good people. And the fact that Alessa kept Lisa down there with her, with only her face kinda mangled made me even think more of that. She was the one who took care of her I thought and whatnot. It's a fun subject. <3
Comin soon!
kisho
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kisho »

Really didn't seem like Lisa was involved in the caretaking of Alessa in the movie though. Otherwise she wouldn't have been so surprised by her appearance. As for looking so sad after seeing her, Alessa, in her frustration, could have easily mistook that as pity or disgust. Especially when she turned away afraid after Alessa looked at her.

Still say her appearance screamed princess, not neccesarily her actions (I mean, she was working as a nurse, cleaning up hospital rooms. Though, her being curious about someone so obviously very injured, and acting as she did when the girl saw her looking in, didn't seem to know how to properly conduct herself as a nurse in a situation like that.)

See if I was Lisa in that situation, I would have smiled at Alessa and waved at her just to show how nice I am.
kisho
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kisho »

Exactly, but she was disturbed. She wasn't used to seeing people so disfigured, and she couldn't come up with a pleasent way of dealing with the situation.

Yeah, but still. She's a nurse, I think she's seen some sort of disfigurement. Maybe nothing as bad as 3rd degree burns all over a girl's body, but something.
kisho
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kisho »

Exactly, which makes me wonder whether or not she was just volunteering there. If she was a Nurse who'd seen stuff like that, and been trained to be as comforting as possible to the patients in there, she wouldn't have reacted how she did.

Lol. I may be overthinking all this, but dammit, I want this movie to make sense, whether I have to be responsible for it doing so or not ^_^
Anonymous

Re: Lisa

Post by Anonymous »

xigua wrote: 2) if she is lashing out at real people then why don't Gucci and Christopher become affected by her?
remember him having those burn scars on his hands.... then flash back shows him trying to save her by unlatching the cuffs and his gets burnt.. hes the one who carries her out.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

every game turned movie has flaws or changes in the script though, they probably expected fans of the game not to notice a character such as Lisa in the movie, maybe she was just put there to show how angry and full of hate Alessa really was
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

Lisa was going crazy in the game that video tape that said "Why what is keeping this chid alive?" so lisa in the movie must have been shocked to see allesea open her eyes actuely alive and thats what her expresion is. but allesea saw it as lisa thinking she was a horrible moster and because of her rage she blinded lisa but she knew deep inside of her Lisa was a good person and kept her in the room with her body for 30 years and didnt disfigure her like the other nurses
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

Re: Lisa's reaction to Alessa.

I worked/volunteered in a hospital for about five months during a school course. I want to go to college this fall to become a nurse. I think that Lisa, being young as she is, may be just out f nursing school. Do you know how hideous burn patients can look? I shudder at the thought. And to see something so melted, and disfigured, and grotesque, and then see a perfect pair of little brown eyes open and you realize- hey, this is not a piece of meat on the barbeque- this is a little girl....I don't blame Lisa for being disturbed. It would have disturbed me too.

I think Lisa's cameo was amazing. And as I remember it, she seemed like the only 'bright' thing in Silent Hill. The movie was very dark, and dirty....and then there is a beautiful nurse with a bright red jacket. She seemed like a spot of light moving across the screen to keep the viewer's eye. There was no missing Lisa.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/sephorasagredo/faded.gif[/img]

[i] ...are my screams just a whisper? [/i]
archer_raido
Just Passing Through

Post by archer_raido »

Drewfus wrote:Lisa looks in, then we see Sharon and Alessa touch hands, then everything goes to hell. All one scene, all in real time.
Wait....umm it's not Sharon that touches hands with Alessa in the hospital, it's the Reaper.

Anyway, I think that putting Lisa into the movie was just a nod to the fans of the game. They could have left it out, but I thought it was neat having her there.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think they should have either given Lisa a bigger part, or left her out. I love Lisa - one of my top 5 favorite SH characters. But the cameo didn't really do her justice, and only served to confuse the hell out of viewers who have no familiarity with the games. I suspect there was probably more of Lisa in the original footage, but it had to be cut for length. Hopefully in the DVD special features, we'll see more of her.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

y2mckay wrote:I think they should have either given Lisa a bigger part, or left her out. I love Lisa - one of my top 5 favorite SH characters. But the cameo didn't really do her justice, and only served to confuse the hell out of viewers who have no familiarity with the games. I suspect there was probably more of Lisa in the original footage, but it had to be cut for length. Hopefully in the DVD special features, we'll see more of her.

Why would it confuse viewers whove never played the game? I dont remember Lisa either, but I just saw a nurse that was the first victim to Alessa. Thats it.
DAms
Just Passing Through

Post by DAms »

I think she was mainly there just to show how evil Alessa had become. She took revenge on someone just for being curious.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Exactly.

People are trying to put together the games and the movie and that's where the confusion is coming from.
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

Further proof that he tried to hard to please fans instead of trying too hard to make a good movie. Plus this forum has made it completely clear that video game movies fail for that reason - in order to please the fans you have to make bad movies. Apparently most game fans aren't as good at judging films as they are games. I mean, anyone who schooled just a tiny bit on film knows that this movie, for all intents and purposes, is a complete disaster from start to finish...and it's because it broke the rules in the bad way, not in the "you don't understand his artistic vision" way.

I'm less angry but I am still just shocked at the fan reactions on this board. It's insane.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I loved it, end of story.
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

Well a big problem is a lot of what they left out that follows the games. I mean, they kept in some things and completely forgot to explain why they were what they were.

I'm fairly sure they left out Sharons "powers" the reason she was called a witch and so nobody really gets a good grasp of how the hell she's got power in this town...it comes down to "the demon" and...well whatever. It was bad.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.