Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 20 Apr 2019




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message


 Post subject: Why do the demons attack Rose?

Can someone please tell me why the demons attack Rose?

SH1 Spoiler:
[spoiler]In Silent Hill the game, Cheryl/Alessa uses the demons to scare Harry away because she's hiding from Dahlia. She uses Lisa as another way to get Harry out of Silent Hill. Why does Alessa attack Rose in SH movie?[/spoiler]


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Feb 2006
Notes left: 152
Because the monsters a representative of things she's afraid of, sometimes even directly taken from real people like the janitor. I would assume the grey children are her nightmare version of the kids who teased her in school.

In the movie it doesn't seem like she's controlling every monster, instead controlling the shift into the nightmare world.

_________________
Great-grandparents is kinda redundant isn't it? Because they're not your grandparents, shouldn't they just be your greatparents?


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 772
Last seen at: On The Internet
Yep. The only monster that Alessa can control is PH.

The rest of them are just some tortured souls and memories that Alessa had sucked into her nightmare.

_________________
User is no longer active
Image
douche


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

But Dahlia controlled PH.


Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Apr 2006, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
First, please use either spoiler warning or spoiler tag when you want to discuss the game-related materials. Not everyone here has played the game yet (for those who have watched only the movie).

Personally, I think most monsters symbolize what Alessa hated/feared. The most obvious ones are the Janitor and Grey Children. Janitor used to molest Alessa, Grey Children represented the kids who bullied Alessa at school. Thus Janitor + Grey Children treated Rose like Alessa - they were trying to harm Rose just like how they harmed Alessa in the past.

_________________
QUICKLINKS | SH1 |SH2 |SH3 | SH4 |SH:H | SH:O |SHMovie |SHGeneral |FAQs




Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 24
They only seem to stick one rule... no touchy Dahlia. And I also feel that Alessa wanted Rose to feel the true depth of her torment... she she really felt in that horrible world of Silent Hill (pre-apocalypse). Rose, though attacked by monsters, was never in any REAL danger... she just had a good scare.

_________________
"Those things are kind of phallic."
"What things?"
"Those walking penises."
----
Image


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

fragilen1n wrote:
Because the monsters a representative of things she's afraid of, sometimes even directly taken from real people like the janitor. I would assume the grey children are her nightmare version of the kids who teased her in school.

In the movie it doesn't seem like she's controlling every monster, instead controlling the shift into the nightmare world.


But that makes no sense. She should be able to control the appearance monsters if she can control the shifts, which signifies this fact.

It's pretty easy/obvious to understand that the monsters are what she hates/fears. However, the question I'm asking is why does she attack Rose? Maybe because she hadn't met her yet?

LinzerDinzer wrote:
They only seem to stick one rule... no touchy Dahlia. And I also feel that Alessa wanted Rose to feel the true depth of her torment... she she really felt in that horrible world of Silent Hill (pre-apocalypse). Rose, though attacked by monsters, was never in any REAL danger... she just had a good scare.


This is quite true. Just a pawn in a little game, akin to SH1, eh?


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 772
Last seen at: On The Internet
Himuro wrote:
But Dahlia controlled PH.


Dahlia has no powers.

Dahlia could only control PH because Alessa wanted PH to protect and serve her mother.

_________________
User is no longer active
Image
douche


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Dahlia cant control anything. She just doesnt get attacked by the creatures cause she is Alessas mother.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 24
I think that the reason people are under the impression that Dahlia can control PH is because of the "pointing" moment outside the church. She points as if she is summoning the PH to kill Anna... when I feel it makes more sense that the point is more like a "hey, uh, watch out!" because it's clear that Dahlia doesn't want people to horribly die. I think this because of when she sees Alessa and says, "what have you become??"

_________________
"Those things are kind of phallic."
"What things?"
"Those walking penises."
----
Image


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 629
Last seen at: Traversing the Portals of Reality
I don't think PH was controlled by anyone. In SH2, to me, he appeared to be his own entity. A punisher of their cult, the people feared him, but didn't see him as something to fight, but something to be revered and respected.

_________________
Image
Read.
Under the burning sun I take a look around / Imagine if this all came down.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

LinzerDinzer wrote:
I think that the reason people are under the impression that Dahlia can control PH is because of the "pointing" moment outside the church. She points as if she is summoning the PH to kill Anna... when I feel it makes more sense that the point is more like a "hey, uh, watch out!" because it's clear that Dahlia doesn't want people to horribly die. I think this because of when she sees Alessa and says, "what have you become??"


Dahlia points at Anna with the devil horns, the same way as Cristabella points at Rose when she finds out Rose's Sharon looks like Alessa. "WITCH! WITCH! Her daughter is the likeness of Alessa."
Personally, I think that it is like the ultimate "F-you" towards Anna. And right at that moment PH decides to take Anna and rip her.


Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 


 Post subject:

rose is meant to experience the reality of alessa's torment and in doing so becomes a pawn in the endgame that alessa has planned...she of course ends up wanting to protect her/it...as for dahlia, alessa leaves her to her own pathetic existence, a witness to all that she caused by allowing those in the order to burn her daughter.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Feb 2006
Notes left: 152
Sutefeni wrote:
LinzerDinzer wrote:
I think that the reason people are under the impression that Dahlia can control PH is because of the "pointing" moment outside the church. She points as if she is summoning the PH to kill Anna... when I feel it makes more sense that the point is more like a "hey, uh, watch out!" because it's clear that Dahlia doesn't want people to horribly die. I think this because of when she sees Alessa and says, "what have you become??"


Dahlia points at Anna with the devil horns, the same way as Cristabella points at Rose when she finds out Rose's Sharon looks like Alessa. "WITCH! WITCH! Her daughter is the likeness of Alessa."
Personally, I think that it is like the ultimate "F-you" towards Anna. And right at that moment PH decides to take Anna and rip her.



That's right. Dahlia doesn't summon PH by pointing, she points using the horns that the cult uses. She's mocking Anna. PH just happens to appear next to her because the staircase is the only place where people are.

_________________
Great-grandparents is kinda redundant isn't it? Because they're not your grandparents, shouldn't they just be your greatparents?


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
It's worth noting that after Rose descends into Brookhaven and encounters Alessa, she is never again attacked by monsters.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 May 2006
Notes left: 28
That's why I can't wait for the DVD. I'll be pissed if Gans doesn't explain it in the commentary. (The whole Dahlia pointing at Anna thing, I mean.)

_________________
Long live Pyramid Head!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937
alone in the town wrote:
It's worth noting that after Rose descends into Brookhaven and encounters Alessa, she is never again attacked by monsters.


The darkness didn't fall during that interlude.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

I always thought that Dahlia was never attacked because Alessa still loved her, because she still came to help her when she was being tortured. Plus the line from the film, 'mother is god in the eyes of a child'. Dahlia was the only person in the world that Alessa truly believed cared for her, so she in turn kept her safe from the darkness. Though i think she was in the fog filled world as a punishment, but just wasn't allowed to be killed.


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
Phantom Allure wrote:
alone in the town wrote:
It's worth noting that after Rose descends into Brookhaven and encounters Alessa, she is never again attacked by monsters.


The darkness didn't fall during that interlude.


What's your point?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

It might not be that she was 'attacked' but pushed forward by her fear.
If Rose new from the start all she had to do was kill some church-ies then she'd probably just try to plead with some one because she felt her daughter wasn't in any real danger.

the demon had to scare rose to push her forward. If rose wasn't scared, she wouldn't have been so vengeful against the church'n'ites. She wouldn't have fought so hard to defend the daughter she loves.

And lets all remember, the dream must die, as well as the dreamers who dream it.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron