Are you ready for Silent Hill 2? (Game Spoiler)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Chris wouldn't actually save them, but maybe find out that they are trapped there forever. Poor Chris.
Kiroptus
Just Passing Through

Post by Kiroptus »

Geez people stop with the "Oh I had an idea! Adapt SH2 and make chris receive a letter from his wife trapped on SH!", hell how could anyone come with such a horrible idea? You guys want to see SH2 ruined in the screens? Or make it lose all its potential?

Plus I dont think Gans and Avary are mature enough to adapt SH2, remember that the hellraiser barbed wire rape was Gans' invention, which looked quite childish and not SH-ish at all, and Avary which made terrible dialogue decisions (dont come with that stupid excuse of "ahh the games had bad dialogue so the movie can have it too!" because its just an awful excuse). The scary thing is that Avary said that he wanted to work on the whole franchise.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Lurker making his second post....I said this in another thread but if a sequel is made...SH2 should not be the basis...reasons for this being...

1) SH3 is the true follow up to SH1...the way the first one ended...it just wouldnt make since...and at least some of the same actors will have to return..cause Sean Beans' character has to die...if they follow withSH3 at least somewhat this could happen...as stated before....James murdered his wife....thats one thing made SH2 so great....Chris didn't kill Rose.

2. In my opinion...SH2 is WAY to f**ked up of a game to be made into a proper movie...if they were to put all of the sexual undertones (P-head rape, Angela and the Abstract Daddy) the movie would get an NC-17/X rating for sure.

3) SH3 = Robbie the Rabbit :)

4) And....we have seen PH...I think it would be quite cool to see Valtiel..and all of the other cool monsters from SH3....Insane Cancers on the big screen...or sluppers....coolness

~Shin~
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm sure there will be a sequel made. I think they should (but they won't) get someone else to direct it.

Maybe someone who understands how to make a scary movie?
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

Silent Hill is slated for an August something rlease on dvd, so between now and then if a sequal is being made or started on we should hear something hopefully.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

~

I think the first movie was made knowing gans already had a sequal pland.

If there is a sequal.... I WANT TO BE IN IT SOOOOOOOO BAD
oO?
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

Actually you're right. If you go to the welcometosilenthill website and read the director's blogs this was just the first in a series. What I meant earlier was not when the second one was coming out but of when the filming was gonna start.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

jsunderland67 wrote:Actually you're right. If you go to the welcometosilenthill website and read the director's blogs this was just the first in a series. What I meant earlier was not when the second one was coming out but of when the filming was gonna start.
Just for clarity, I thought I'd point out that in the Director's interview he states he initially wanted to make SH2 but decided it would of been risky with the non-gaming audience and switched to making SH1 with more backstory to setup the series. He also mentioned it was a better choice since SH3 was a direct continuation to SH1.

That makes you think that if he's planning a sequel, and he is, it's probably going to revolve around SH3's story in some fashion. To be honest, personally I think that would be for the best.

If he did a SH2 movie for part 2, think about it..... it would totally create a "Pyramid Head is jason, give us more" non-gamer fan base that would hate SH3 and any others that follow it because they'll just want more Pyramid Head... He's cool and all, but should not become the main character of Silent Hill... if that happens the movie adaptation severs it's ties from the games completely and becomes a typical horror movie.

Anyhow, back on topic... I have a feeling we can be expecting Heather's Journey through Silent Hill for part 2. The only thing that makes me feel that he might jump back to SH2 is Sean Bean being a perfect cast for James physically. But that could just be that he had him in mind for SH2 and when he decided to do SH1 and they rejected the first script because there werent any men he decided to throw him a bone. Kind of like how Pyramid Head ended up in the movie, I suppose.
Pleasent_River
Just Passing Through

Post by Pleasent_River »

Okay. Suppose there is a sequel, and suppose it's based on the Silent Hill 3 storyline..... what would the movie be called? In order to prevent confusion, it's obvious they wouldn't call it "Silent Hill 2". Perhaps "Silent Hill: Reloaded".
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/jdawg/fatr.jpg[/img]
"Fire doesn't cleanse, it blackens." Dahlia Gilespie
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Silent Hill:Reloaded

..I would fucking shoot someone...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Silent Hill: Reloaded.......this isn't the Matrix....but if the sequel is centered around SH3....then....Robbie the Rabbit better make an apperance.

~ShiN~
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

No, no robbie!! Why would you want him in the movie???
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Lol..he wouldnt have to do anything...just a nod....like a doll sitting somewhere...or just a quick creepy shot...something like in SH4....nothing big...but a nod to us Robbie the Rabbit fans.

~Shin~
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

You do have a very good point on the fact that the next movie could be done about heather which would be the SIlent Hill 3 game. The only complicated part is that all 4 so far are such very good games. I honestly think that with how good the first one did, he can pull off making all 4 movies with no problem if he really tried. Plus if you think about it. Pyramid head was only in the second one, but even #2 had a separate storyline from 1,3, and 4, and I know alot of people think #2 is the best one in the series, and the coolest thing it never strayed one bit from the Silent Hillness that is the game, in fact that game even told us more about the town's history, besides just the fire and the witch burning's and what not.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I love SH2 as well, but it just couldnt be done right with the way the first movie was done. P-Head would run the risk of becoming another "Jason" or "Leatherface" and we cant have that happening.

And honestly I think that SH4 would make a very interesting movie. SH3 is the best choice IMO, but it would be cool to see the hauntings and ghosts on the big screen. :)

~Shin~
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

Another Jason or leatherface, that a funny and interesting way of looking at it. But whether or not it's felt that way. He's still one of the biggest characters in the series. They would simply change up his reason for being there. He's still one of town's original executioners, but instead of being part of the dark thoughts that ravaged silent hill in the first one, he'll be a part of the spychological problems having to do with the stress, and anxiety of the dad. Actually they might have to change that up the slightest bit cause as far as I know the dad didn't show any sins. Hmm.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Huh~

How could the story be about SH3???? there was no rebirth ending in the movie..... how would it connect?
SH2 makes perfect sence with chris looking for his wife.
oO?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, did Chris kill Rose...no....did James kill Mary...yes....now would that make sense...no. Plus even though there was no "Rebirth" ending as you put it...the ending to the movie shows Sharon/Alessa (or both) very much alive...so who is to say it couldn't roll with that.

And for the P-head thing, I like him too, but if the directors were to just change the reasons for him showing up...it wouldnt make sense to those that have not played the game.

Im not saying that SH2 wouldn't make a good movie, Im just saying it wouldn't be the best choice...and again thats just my opinion. After all Silent Hill 3 is the true sequel to the first game....SH2 is a whole nother story all together.

~Shin~
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Shin_B. wrote:Well, did Chris kill Rose...no....did James kill Mary...yes....now would that make sense...no. Plus even though there was no "Rebirth" ending as you put it...the ending to the movie shows Sharon/Alessa (or both) very much alive...so who is to say it couldn't roll with that.

And for the P-head thing, I like him too, but if the directors were to just change the reasons for him showing up...it wouldnt make sense to those that have not played the game.

Im not saying that SH2 wouldn't make a good movie, Im just saying it wouldn't be the best choice...and again thats just my opinion. After all Silent Hill 3 is the true sequel to the first game....SH2 is a whole nother story all together.

~Shin~
Oh i know~
Chris didnt kill his wife, but the entire "looking for his wife thing" just seems to fit.
In sh3 heather is... well we all know, but alessa is dead/traped in another dimension. how did she get out and become heather.

Or mabey there just gonna make a new storyline all together :?
oO?
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

I'm just the new guy here. But I think that they should try to make a whole new plot for SH2. Have a some new sucker go into Silent Hill for some reason and go from there.
They shouldn't have the movie's plot the same as the game's because we all know what will happen and personally I would like to see a new plot.
But hey what do I know. :?
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.