Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Sep 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Which Parts Made Your Audience Laugh?

Today, I asked my friend at school(he never played the games) what he though of the film. He said it was alright, but very funny. In fact, he and his friends were laughing throughout most of the movie-especially how some of the monsters walked, the bag of flesh guy and the nurses. I simply told him that it's because he hadn't played the games.

Personally, imo, as a fan, I did not find this movie funny at all, and it irritated me when people in my theatres laughed. I know that the acting is very B-grade , amd certain scene deserved a laugh or two. But the whole movie wasn't a joke. It was very dark and serious.

My number one obvious reason is they haven't played the game. My second guess would be that they're not really serious people.
This was the case why Spielburg made Amistad. He went to a local screening of his film Schindler's List , and was surprise that some black teenagers(no racial blurs attended) were laughing at some of the murder scenes. So he decided to make Amistad, a similar story, but had Blacks as the victims.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 233
Last seen at: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.
Alot of people don't stop and let a movie immerse them... consider what it would be like to be in the protagonists place and see what they're seeing. We know what it's like to be in Silent Hill, but anybody who really let's movies take control of them know Silent Hill too after seeing the movie.

Alot of people aren't willing to do this. They're too worried about their cell phones and popcorn.

Also some of the dialogue wasn't great:
"They used to say this town was haunted" - umm yeah, you just saw a weird walking bag of flesh that spit venom on you. The haunted comment would have been appropriate about 5 minutes before the creature.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2006
Notes left: 71
Last seen at: Indiana
Well, I'll admit some of the dialogue was awkward and some of the scenes were a little ridiculous, and they were "funny."

But then again, I went to a theatre packed with drunken college students, since it is the biggest party weekend at my school this last weekend. So, my experience was sort of tainted by people laughing, and therefore I couldn't take it seriously half of the time.

I wanna see it again to see if I am as disappointed when I'm not in the same kind of setting. Then maybe I'll know if it was true or "forced" disappointment xD I just don't wanna pay again :P

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2006
Notes left: 33
Last seen at: Edgewood, Washington
People laughed when Rose said "Looks like a fire happened here" both times I saw the movie. I don't know, it seemed weird but whatever. That's about the only "AWKRARARD" dialog in the whole movie I could find.

People also laughed when the Lying Figure appeared. I honestly don't know why.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 233
Last seen at: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.
Yeah, my brother laughed at the fire comment too. It did seem a little weird, but it's also the kind of thing people say in real life. It's just an observation, I don't think she thought it was a major revelation.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 28
Last seen at: Liverpool, England
I've seen it twice now. Both times, there hasn't been much laughing....

Except for the chuchyard scene. When Ann pegs Dahlia with that rock mid-sentence people just crack up. I guess it is kinda slap stick. I can't imagine what the char of Dahlia must seem like to someone who hasn't played SH1 though.

I have to admit, I was kinda choking on my pepsi trying not to laugh at one bit.

When Rose comes into the church to accuse Christabella right near the end...she does her little spiel about how wrong it is, and C's all like 'burn her'. Ok, melodramatic but fine so far. Rose's response really makes me giggle though.

Something along the lines of: "No! No more burning! Burn everything you're afraid of. Burn all your problems."

It's like, dude. I just imagine her rolling her eyes 'Jeez Christabella, again with the burning? That's your answer to everything. The gas bill is a little high....burn it! The dog's made a mess on the rug....burn it! No. No more burning. I mean it."

It doesn't help that Christabella kind of looks at her for a second and then goes back to "yeah ok, burn her." :roll: Silly Christabella.

I don't think SH is a laughable film though, and I wouldn't laugh. It really ruins the atmosphere when people do that. I think a lot of people laugh at horror films out of nerves, because they feel uncomfortable being scared.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jul 2004
Notes left: 552
Last seen at: Orlando, Florida
It was funny because of the acting and the fact that it was nonsensical. Taking her to silent hill - stupid idea. Lines like "where can I find this demon?" laughable! Finding clues and running around it was like watching someone play the game and that sucks. Ontop of that - the plot left out so many key points of understanding that anyone who took it seriously would HAVE to play the games and once you do you realize that it's completely different - and that the game is good while the movie is just a confused jumble of ideas.

The dark silent hill was brilliant and it was unfortunate that these visual scenes were so short and even as the movie becomes better near the end....nobody cares. It's a funny movie because it's so horribly done yet takes itself so painfully seriously.

And fuck that bit about the nurses. They moved like the manequins - and they looked retarded. I have the song thriller stuck in my head because of that rediculous scene.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 66
Last seen at: elpaso texas
the lying figure is funny because he walks like a retard. and alot of kids think that handicapped people are funny.
the grey childs are funny because the look like midgets.
the janitor looks funny because of his poistion and the tongue thing.

the nurses did not move like in the game they moved like zombies from thriller.

and the characters do make a lot of "well no shit sherlock" comments.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2006
Notes left: 246
Last seen at: Canada
The only parts I found funny were when dahlia got hit in the head with the rock by Anne- but she sure got fixed, didn't she!

And when Rose said, " It looks like there's been a fire here". well..a few of the dialogue lines were bad, but then again, can anyone remember, "Have you seen my daughter?" x50

...are my screams just a whisper?

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2005
Notes left: 421
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
Quote:
well..a few of the dialogue lines were bad, but then again, can anyone remember, "Have you seen my daughter?" x50

Omg, I know, like movie-like-game...Lol. Personally though, I think Gans kind of did it on purpose, just like he did with a few other things....Or it could be me, looking into things alittle more than I should....But, I can't help but agree with Kuraudo. I really, found nothing to be funny, in Silent Hill, like others on this forum...I never laughed once...It's strange really, how you guys thought it was funny...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 8
I DON'T THINK ANY THING WAS FUNNY ABOUT THIS AMAZING PIECE OF WORK! Heather is right. HAIL TO HEATHER! <3

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Aug 2005
Notes left: 751
Last seen at: Connecticut
The people at the theater I saw it at laughed whenever someone said anything along the lines of 'You're going to be okay.'
They laughed at everything. It annoyed me to the point where I told them to shut up. XD;

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
There was no laughter in my theatre and it was pretty packed.

I think the acting was pretty poor in places and the dialogue stiff and unnatural, but I don't see how anyone could laugh in the film's climax. *shudder*

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2006
Notes left: 63
Last seen at: ISLE OF WIGHT UK
i have to agree that most of the movie was dark and delicously distubing. but i did find one bit funny that sounds sooo sick but it's unfourtunatly true. I thought it was funny as hell when that women, cristabella isn't it, get torn apart by the barbed wire. The actual act of it and what it reprsents is not at all funny (though big up 2 alessa 4 getting her revenge) but the visuals of it just struck me as really funny!
as for the way the monsters walk i thought that was freaky and quite true to the game, which is always a good thing. I dare any one to laugh in the face of pyramid head.

disturbed angel

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2003
Notes left: 413
Last seen at: Right behind you...
There was a little laughter in my theatre, like when the Grey Children attacked her and when the Lying Figure appeared (the Children I personally found freaky). They also laughed when Dahlia got hit by the rock.

The loudest laughter, though, came from when Dark Alessa's arms lit on fire. One of the auidence members in the front row actually let out a shout of fright (a man) and made the whole place laugh.

As for the fire comment, it didn't seem that dumb to me. No one laughed at it. It was just an observation, something people make all the time.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jul 2004
Notes left: 552
Last seen at: Orlando, Florida
Faded.Memories wrote:
The only parts I found funny were when dahlia got hit in the head with the rock by Anne- but she sure got fixed, didn't she!

And when Rose said, " It looks like there's been a fire here". well..a few of the dialogue lines were bad, but then again, can anyone remember, "Have you seen my daughter?" x50

I remember that being in a video game and also being forgivable because the game was good. Never forgiveable in a non-interactive film. Sorry.

I also laughed at harry.

Post subject:

I had most of my experience ruined by pre-pubesant 17 year olds who thought they were king shit.

The 'Meow' part: One ass decided to do his own 'Meow' after they were done which got a laugh out of half the theatre, at that point I knew I was in trouble.

Rock in the FACE: Ok, even I laughed at that, but I always laugh at Rocks in the Face.

When Rose opened the hospital basement door and the screen turned white... :roll: dear god did the comment roll then.
One guy stood up and said "Oh is it over" - which got a laugh out of his group of friends
The same guy who 'meowed' yelled "RESET" - which got another laugh out of most of the theatre
One kid (yes kid) behind me started commenting really retarded lines:
"Congratulations you won the $65,000 question" - Ummm what?
(movie line)"you will get the truth" (him)"awww I wanted the money"

And you would think going to the 10:30 showing of a movie would weed out some of the 'tards.

Post subject:

I have to say there was no laughing when I went to see this movie though I found Sean Bean accent amusing and when the nurses came on I really wanted to shout out 'God, The NHS has REALLY gone dowhill'. But I managed to restrain myself :lol:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 86
Last seen at: Room 303
It pissed me off what most people in the movie thought about it.
They laughed a lot, because it was just a bunch of teeny-boppers looking for a scary movie with cheap "jump scares".

"its too confusing....it wasn't scary at all" I think that's just bullshit. It was an amazing video-game movie. I even heard people complaining that "all Rose had was a flashlight...wheres the guns?" Jesus Christ, go watch RE or something crappy like that.

I'm sorry I'm ranting, but it bugs be. But, I don't think the movie will be in theaters too long, so no more bitching about it. ^_^

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Zoso, I love your avatar! :lol:

The part that was really funny to me was the cult's chanting and echoing of "Witch!" "She's a witch!" "Burn the witch!" The way they said it, I swear it's straight out of a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
"And what do we burn apart from witches?"
"MORE WITCHES!!" :mrgreen:

It didn't annoy me at all when people laughed, though I can see why dumb comments would piss off a fan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next