Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Mar 2019

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Unused Materials from the Early Sets

Missing since: 06 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3941
Last seen at: Naaarwich, UK
I was watching the SH2 trailer on youtube and was suddenly reminded of this early set piece
picture:

Did they ever even show this in the film? I don't remember it at all. It seems odd to construct a massive (and cool) thing like that and not use it.

Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
Hey Numb Body01, I've retitled your thread so if anyone else finds anything else about the early set and the actual movie, they can post in this thread.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
i acualy thought of that last night. wonder if it'll be in the dvd. does seem like an effort and then it wasn't used in the movie

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Apr 2004
Notes left: 1940
Last seen at: New York, NY
Ravern read your PM's, thanks

And yes I rember there being reports of fans who were watching as they filmed and they did shoot scenes of Rose coming through the tunnel. But it is not uncommon for things shot to not be used. I also remember a scene report where Rose and Cybil knock out a store window to take a map out and look at it, another scene not used. There a probably loads of these and will hopefully be used as cut scenes on the DVD.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 233
Last seen at: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.
I hope they are included within an extended cut of the movie, because to me, deleted scenes as a stand-alone special feature aren't all that interesting.

Post subject:

I don't think there will be a directors cut as Gans said the film we saw WAS the directors cut. He might have been talking about censorship, but I doubt it. As long as we get deleted scenes I'll be happy.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
Numb Body01 wrote:
I don't think there will be a directors cut as Gans said the film we saw WAS the directors cut. He might have been talking about censorship, but I doubt it. As long as we get deleted scenes I'll be happy.

he probably ment as though all the scenes in the movie are scenes he wanted in the movie and not a verison where parts where cut out of the movie that were "to violent"

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 233
Last seen at: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.
If there's not an "unrated extended cut" then I'll eat my shoe: and that thing stinks.
Every movie seems to have an "unrated cut" including, for some reason, Mr. and Mrs Smith, which I'm sure included 2 extra minutes of them shooting at things.

Post subject:

Quote:
I also remember a scene report where Rose and Cybil knock out a store window to take a map out and look at it, another scene not used

This reminds me of "There was a HOLE here. It's gone now" :> Can't really remember which store was it...

The tunnel looks nice, but it's more reminiscent to me of the scene where James Sunderland encountes his first monster.
Of course, the tunnel would've been a nice addition... There's a lot of complaints that the movie wasn't enough claustrophobic.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Jun 2006
Notes left: 60
I present to you a deleted scene!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_9aNMkRfk

Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937
that's no deleted scene, silly.... They used that as a screen capture for the part where PH is kicking aside the roaches as he is dragging that miner's corpse. The roaches just ahven't been digitally rendered yet. The only true deleted scenes (from what i remember seeing in the trailers) are:

1. The part where Rose's car goes right through the ghostly image of Alessa in the road
2. A certain scene with the Grey Children

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 May 2006
Notes left: 1070
Hell_is_Silent wrote:
I hope they are included within an extended cut of the movie, because to me, deleted scenes as a stand-alone special feature aren't all that interesting.

I agree with that, it's like once you've seen the extra scenes you've seen it. Nothing special after that. At least when it's featured in the movie you can appreciate its presence.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 May 2006
Notes left: 217
Last seen at: Erie, PA / USA
Beast in your Nightmares wrote:
I present to you a deleted scene!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_9aNMkRfk

Not a deleted scene, but a nice behind the scenes shot.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jul 2006
Notes left: 113
Hmm it could be that some scenes weren't shown because the movie was too lengthy?

I heard alot of complaints in the local magazines critizing the movie that it was too lengthy and originally, I think the director cut certain scenes here and there which he thinks isn't necessary.

Therefore, such 'insignificant scenes' like that unused set here isn't shown?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2006
Notes left: 58
Last seen at: Russian Federation
Oh yeah, I always thought why didn't they include the part where Rose's car goes through the ghostly image of Alessa. It was so nice, so nice...

Post subject:

It was shite and I'm so glad they didn't include it. It gives the game away too soon.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2006
Notes left: 58
Last seen at: Russian Federation
Yeah? And what about the very first appearance of Alessa in the beginning? I don't understand what exactly it gives away because it was alrady given away -- remember the beginning!

Post subject:

*Thinks* You see her almost fall off a cliff right? How does that give away that the little girl they hit is in fact a spirit/half soul?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jul 2006
Notes left: 113
*confused* umm....now I'm confused....X_X

Are you guys trying to ask what gives away Alessa's identity at the first part or what? o.o;;

Post subject:

For some reason Harrier thinks that the very beginning of the movie gives away the fact that she's only half of a spirit. This would mean that the unused material when the car goes through Alessa later on it doesn't spoil the movie. However I'm sure the start doesn't indicate this and I'm glad they cut the ghost car bit.