What Was In The Janitor's mouth?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

What Was In The Janitor's mouth?

Post by Anonymous »

One part of the movie I didn't get was the part where Rose pulled the item out of the Janitor's mouth. What did she pull out and what did it have to with the movie?
Janus
Just Passing Through

Post by Janus »

It was a portion of a key to the Grand Hotel. And that was a clue to the next location she had to look for Sharon.
safcftm33
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by safcftm33 »

hit the nail on the head with that answer
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Hmm~

It was like a broken rock that said "otel on it and had a key attached i think.
oO?
Pandora's XBox
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Pandora's XBox »

I was confused as to how she saw it in the first place. At first it just looked like she had a weird inkling to randomly fish through the guy's mouth.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Savannah wrote:I was confused as to how she saw it in the first place. At first it just looked like she had a weird inkling to randomly fish through the guy's mouth.
It has to do with the
DARE YOU
DOUBLE DARE
YOU

thing on the wall behing him
oO?
ziratha
Just Passing Through

Post by ziratha »

It wasn't a rock. It was a keychain. The kind that old fashioned key's are sometimes held on at older hotels. It had a partial hotel name written on it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sh#1fan wrote:
Savannah wrote:I was confused as to how she saw it in the first place. At first it just looked like she had a weird inkling to randomly fish through the guy's mouth.
It has to do with the
DARE YOU
DOUBLE DARE
YOU

Good eye with the "Dare you" reference. I had forgotten about that.

I'm pretty sure that if I opened a stall to find a corpse janitor with his feet tied to his head with barbed wire... I probably wouldn't fish through his mouth for clues. But I guess that's why this movie isn't about me.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

gideon wrote:
sh#1fan wrote:
It has to do with the
DARE YOU
DOUBLE DARE
YOU

Good eye with the "Dare you" reference. I had forgotten about that.

I'm pretty sure that if I opened a stall to find a corpse janitor with his feet tied to his head with barbed wire... I probably wouldn't fish through his mouth for clues. But I guess that's why this movie isn't about me.
ROFL yeah.. it was an odd scene... at first I thought maybe it was hanging out of his mouth.. but she sunk her hand into it down to the wrist to fish that thing out ;o

I also felt that when he came to life and did his whole pervert routine thing it was a bit much and comical.....

but I suppose it was necessary to imply he was a pervert that probably raped Alessa.. some people theorize that it was *that* which caused Christabella to think of her as a witch, because she seduced the Janitor.. seems plausable, but unlikely to me.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What perverted thing did he do? I seen him arch his back and crawl after Rose very slowly, also screaming from pain...but I didn't see really anything too perverted....perhaps, besides from licking the floor....or I think he was....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gdubbz wrote:What perverted thing did he do? I seen him arch his back and crawl after Rose very slowly, also screaming from pain...but I didn't see really anything too perverted....perhaps, besides from licking the floor....or I think he was....
How exactly did you miss his tongue gymnastics? :) He was practically stating "I'm going to molest you if I get my hands on you" with it and his little perverted moans. I normally wouldn't of pointed this out because my mind generally links perversion whenever it's possible, but my gf sitting next to me said "eww, that pervert monster is really disturbing..." and then we both basically did the "oohhhhhhhhhhh" thing when Alessa flashes back to running in the bathroom and he looks at her in "that" way.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I gathered as much, but it was really hard to make out, considering the guy's twitching like a siv, and I'm still trying to figure out where his body is contorted to. But, seriously...how would he have hurt Rose in any way? I know I wouldn't want that thing near me either, but wasn't he kind of defensless, and left to be punished for a whole long ditty of a time? head tied to feet and who knows what's going on with his privates.....

After about 3 hours of trying to analyze this film. I give up. I'll wait for the DVD, so I can pause, slo mo, listen to commentary, and be a freak for those same 3 hours.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gdubbz wrote:I gathered as much, but it was really hard to make out, considering the guy's twitching like a siv, and I'm still trying to figure out where his body is contorted to. But, seriously...how would he have hurt Rose in any way? I know I wouldn't want that thing near me either, but wasn't he kind of defensless, and left to be punished for a whole long ditty of a time? head tied to feet and who knows what's going on with his privates.....

After about 3 hours of trying to analyze this film. I give up. I'll wait for the DVD, so I can pause, slo mo, listen to commentary, and be a freak for those same 3 hours.
Given the nature of Silent Hill, I'm sure he would of been able to do something to her that would further represent Alessa's fear of him, would really depend on 'how' he molested her to be honest.

I mean, when you first see the chest spewer if you never played the game you're like "well... what the hell can that thing do to them? no arms, moves all slow.. no mouth/eyes.. seems pretty harmless..... then WHAM! acid from a wound-looking hole in the chest. It's the double nature of everything within Silent Hill, all of the monsters were at one point human (even the roaches/beetles) and are suffering themselves, but also are tools used to inflict the pain/suffering/fear/anger of Alessa's past.

When you think about it and analyze it carefully, Rose was basically, in her short time in Silent Hill, introduced to just about every one of Alessa's greatest pains/fears that we were introduced to as she progressed.

Was it all just to sway Rose over to Alessa's side so she can inflict her revenge?

Was it all an illusionary ploy by the Reaper (meaning the only soul that was really in Silent Hill was Rose and everything else was a manifestation to lead/guide/sway Rose to evil) to cause a seemingly selfless act of love for her daughter to manifest as a selfish desire worthy of murder to achieve?

Can't say for sure, I'd bank more money on one version or another of the latter more than any version of the former, though.. although the former seems to be the popular theory at the moment in time.
donssword
Just Passing Through

Post by donssword »

It was one of the more direct nods to the game itself -- that and the map on the wall.
--
My first console: the Teletype 33
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Omg, I really thought that he was Valtiel (it could have been!) when he was crawling on the floor, but that was the same guy from the bathroom stall? Crazy. Well, I should have paid more attention.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

saturn beads wrote: Omg, I really thought that he was Valtiel (it could have been!) when he was crawling on the floor, but that was the same guy from the bathroom stall? Crazy. Well, I should have paid more attention.
Yes, it was all tied together with the 'Colin' name tag.
donssword wrote:It was one of the more direct nods to the game itself -- that and the map on the wall.
Yeah, too bad the map wasn't thumb tacked on the wall, and Rose didn't whip out a red marker and draw her path :)
kisho
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kisho »

still say the map was a bit large for her to carry it around with her
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well yeah, it was also either under or printed on glass.. kind of negated the whole chance of her carrying it around with her... though maybe it'll make it into Scary Movie 5! :D
kisho
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kisho »

Heh, that's actually what I was thinking after watching SM4, that it would be interesting to see if/how they were going to adapt Silent Hill into the next scary movie.