The Marks all around Dark Silent Hill....(Spoiler Alert)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>That doesn't prove anything...
Well I'm not talking about that.

In Nowhere, on the third "floor," Alessa can be seen genuflecting before the altar.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

hmm....I really dont remember this...and i just beat Silent Hill too.....
But ok.....I just didn't understand why Dahlia's image would pop out of nowhere from The Women In White....
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I think it's easy to miss? Maybe you have to deviate from a set path. I was talking with Thomas as he was walking through Nowhere and he even mentioned not seeing Alessa praying, and then lo and behold..

For what it's worth, if anything, I've seen it before as well, way back when I first played the game.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Could some one find out what Path it is? ....because I just got the two bad endings because i felt like seeing them....or else ill just play the game twice more myself for the good endings...
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

All you have to do is look closely at the altar on the third "floor" of Nowhere as soon as you get off the elevator. She'll always be there the first time you get off.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

...ok just to make sure...its the Alttar room with the two pictures...one with a women in a white rob and another one with a women being set on fire?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Aside from the descriptions, yes: that room.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

tru dat!
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

St. Thomas wrote:>How could this happen when the red liquid makes demons come out of the hosts its controlling...
The aglaophotis is used to dispel evil spirits--or, really, any kind of spirit, depending on one's perception. The Incubus, though Dahlia's vision of God, is still, essentially, a parasite. I believe that It's a representation of the two halves from which it was born: Cheryl.
So its essentially kinda like SH3... Incubus is born from hatred and pain, and the Holy Woman is born from love and kindess. So the aglaophotis causes the Holy Woman to become weakened, and the power is expressed through Incubus instead. There are 2 because there were 2 halves. Then it is possible that Cheryl was also carrying a part of the fetus.

I'm just trying to rationalize it in my head.
Last edited by jthomp1286 on 30 Apr 2006, edited 2 times in total.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Good theory...
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

jthomp1286 wrote:
St. Thomas wrote:>How could this happen when the red liquid makes demons come out of the hosts its controlling...
The aglaophotis is used to dispel evil spirits--or, really, any kind of spirit, depending on one's perception. The Incubus, though Dahlia's vision of God, is still, essentially, a parasite. I believe that It's a representation of the two halves from which it was born: Cheryl.
So its essentially kinda like SH3... Incubus is born from hatred and pain, and the Holy Woman is born from love and kindess. So the aglaophotis causes the Holy Woman to become weakened, and the power is expressed through Incubus instead. There are 2 because there were 2 halves. Then it is possible that Cheryl was also carrying a part of the fetus.

I'm just trying to rationalize it in my head.
The women in white being born from kindness? no....she came from hatred and pain just like Dahlias....just because Dahlias good LOOKS horrific doesnt mean the women in white is less heinous and evil...they were both born from the same thing..as you can see....when you fight the, both of them...they both are destructive
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

It's quite simple.

The Incubus was Dahlia's personal vision of God.
The Holy Woman In White was Alessa's personal vision of God.

Hence, one appeared more "good" than the other.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

True enough, but was it not said the God had to destroy the world by fire to bring about Paradise? And this included destroying those not of the Cult as well, right?

I was looking at it from the perspective that Alessa held Dahlia's God and Cheryl held The Woman in White. To be more specific, Dahlia's was born from the hatred and pain inflicted on Alessa. The Woman in White was born from the love and kindness that The Masons showed to Cheryl, by adopting her, for one thing. Harry knew Cheryl wasn't their biological daughter, but they loved her all the same.

Now, I know what you're going to say, "Why then, whould The Woman in White attack Harry?" Well at this point, Alessa and Cheryl have been combined, correct? So I would say that Alessa was supressing Cheryl's side and attacking Harry because she held anger in her heart for him because he was hindering her efforts to undo what Dahlia was trying to do.

I may be reaching with this, but it seems logical to me after all my experience with the game, reading materials online and of course, from here on the forums.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

would say that Alessa was supressing Cheryl's side and attacking Harry because she held anger in her heart for him because he was hindering her efforts to undo what Dahlia was trying to do.
Alessa is only trying to stop her mother because her mother wants to bring about the birth of God. Her crusade is against God and Paradise, not against Dahlia, or in later years, Claudia, who was her friend.

It's not Alessa attacking Harry, it's God.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

jthomp1286 wrote:True enough, but was it not said the God had to destroy the world by fire to bring about Paradise? And this included destroying those not of the Cult as well, right?

I was looking at it from the perspective that Alessa held Dahlia's God and Cheryl held The Woman in White. To be more specific, Dahlia's was born from the hatred and pain inflicted on Alessa. The Woman in White was born from the love and kindness that The Masons showed to Cheryl, by adopting her, for one thing. Harry knew Cheryl wasn't their biological daughter, but they loved her all the same.

Now, I know what you're going to say, "Why then, whould The Woman in White attack Harry?" Well at this point, Alessa and Cheryl have been combined, correct? So I would say that Alessa was supressing Cheryl's side and attacking Harry because she held anger in her heart for him because he was hindering her efforts to undo what Dahlia was trying to do.

I may be reaching with this, but it seems logical to me after all my experience with the game, reading materials online and of course, from here on the forums.
Wow....I never thought of it that way...that is pretty good....but just to let you know...the cult believes thats what the god looks like...
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

Osmund Saddler wrote:Wow....I never thought of it that way...that is pretty good....but just to let you know...the cult believes thats what the god looks like...
Thanks :). But I know, I don't doubt that, I'm just saying, it was expressed in Cheryl instead of Alessa because of the way they grew up.

EDIT: I was thinking of taking my theory and actually writing it down, that way everyone could read the theory in its entirety, instead fumbling trough this thread, lol. If I get it done, I'll post a link later on.
asphodel13
Just Passing Through

Re: The Marks all around Dark Silent Hill....(Spoiler Alert)

Post by asphodel13 »

I was thinking about the Aglophotis question presented earlier... ya know about how when Kaufman throws the red liquid at the woman in white, how coule he exercise the god when alessa/cheryl had already become god? thing. I was thinking that when the god uh.. was born, came into being, it was still in alessa/cheryl's (newly reunited) body right? so it transformed into alessa's idea of itself while still in her body, therefore transforming the body itself. So when Kaufman throws the aglophotis at the woman in white, it exercises the god out of allessas body and it becomes Dalia's idea of god. it tears its way out of her through her back (as seen in the game) and she falls to the floor (although when your fighting the Incubus you don't see her there) I think its possible that alessa's body remained changed into the image of the woman in white , and the god really was exercised from her.
also i suppose its just as possible that the god was simply divided somehow, into alessas and dalias different images of god. but if so how come the woman in white version becomes weak ? maybe most of the power was exersised too? gosh this is confusing....
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

asphodel13, you were asked by Ryan yesterday to not necrobump threads. We appreciate that you want to contribute, but bumping a thread from 2006, when members are likely not to still be around is just as bad as spamming. If you continue to do so, you may end up with a formal warning and a sad face from us moderators!

Please take your time to check our forum rules.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, there are already threads covering the questions you just asked; this thread isn't the place for them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]