valtiel ?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

PH is only an illusion.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
James Casey
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by James Casey »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
not in the movie he's not
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

Do NOT discuss or mention the movie outside the spoilerific movie room. You guys know the rules, don't you?
James Casey
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by James Casey »

sry,i thought it wasn't a spoiler,hell..i didnt even see the movie yet lol
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/crankstuh/JamesCasey.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=172287#172287]My Pyramid Head Costume Project[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The information put forward in lost memories is not debatable, but somebody said that when god is birthed valtiel seems to be nurturing it. I'm not sure about this. What exactly would you say he's doing?

He puts that flap thing over the god's head. Not really nurturing is it? I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Valtiel is Xuchilbara, the red god.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I.. see. I don't need to ask if you're sure about that, but I certainly didn't know.

I remember the old days where people didn't have a clue and though PH was Xuchil and valtiel was Lobsel Vith, but I certainly wasnt aware of this fact. It's not mentioned in lost memories is it? I thought I read all of that.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes! It makes sense! I did a little digging and found that Xuchilbara in the Mayan language means 'Flower spear' kinda weird for Valtiel OR Phead, but then again, lobsel vith means 'bad circle of flesh' or 'bad vessel of flesh' which lead me to belive that alessa is the yellow god. and that would leave Valtiel to be Mr. Flower spear.

I also belive that Pheads are like Valtiels Secret service, acting as Valtiels hands in less important matters in silent hill.

Meh, or all my theories are crap. I don't know.
thelonebamf
Just Passing Through

Post by thelonebamf »

Oh man, thanks for the translated memories post. :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/thelonebamf/sigthe.jpg[/img]
Yeah. Glasses are hot. :) I'm savin' up for a Princess Heart wand! ^^
Iriaofnod
Just Passing Through

Post by Iriaofnod »

Dr. Loomis, your website is awesome! Those translated guides are great. Great job to you and everyone who translated them o__O
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

valtiel is the gurdian of alessa/heather he protects the god from diying
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I.. see. I don't need to ask if you're sure about that, but I certainly didn't know.
I'll elaborate upon why soon. Don't worry. Just about this though: Rebirth.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Asra
Just Passing Through

Post by Asra »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:PH is only an illusion.
Well there is a bit of evidence to the contrary in Silent Hill 3 which point to Pyramid Head's existance.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Look at the Pyramid head with the arm on the left.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's not a picture of PH from SH2 though, it just explains the significance of PH's appearance. PH from SH2 is only an illusion in that he was created to appear to james, to punish him etc. but has no significance other than that, hence when all the business of SH2 was complete then there was no need for that particular effigy to exist.
Asra
Just Passing Through

Post by Asra »

Well the appearance itself is probably important though. If it were merely just a random vision of Jame's torment it could take any form. Why take something that so closely resembles that, one of the (presumably)holy figures of the order?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

His appearance to james probably did have significance, I must have worded what I said badly.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

Dr. Loomis wrote:hope this helps in your quest for knowledge:

http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg84-85.jpg
Thank you, arigatou, gracias...*ka-hug* That was very helpful *bows* OW! Should not bow with heavy backpack on. *rubs sore neck*
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I normally see Valtiel near nuns and pipes,he/she/it also takes care of claudia when she swallows god oh and the he/she/it taking heather's body away when she's dead thing too
92mon
Just Passing Through

Post by 92mon »

valtiel is one of my favorite monsters in the silent hill series. thank you for this amazing thread.
i just wish you got to fight him at the end
Fighting for peace is like Fucking for virginity.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Valtiel´s job is to birth God.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.