Silent Hill 4 before Silent Hill 3?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

marks_lover
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 4 before Silent Hill 3?

Post by marks_lover »

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was wondering if SH4 took place before SH3 because of that note on the floor in the Wish House. It says something like "have you found Alessa yet?" which is what SH3 is about (the cult looking for Alessa/Heather). To me, I thought this meant that they still hadn't found her yet and in SH3 they've found her, so I took it as happening before SH3. But all timelines I've seen say it takes place after it....I'm confused (as usual).
*there is no future, there is no past*
*when will the good things stop?*
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It is generality excepted that it happened after SH3. Wish house was abandoned plus your in Walters mind (all the worlds in Sh4 are in Walters mind) who hadn't been there in a long time.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Agreed with the above--the Wish House you visit isn't exactly the true Wish House, just a construct of Walter's mind.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, it's an old note. Wish House's dereliction began after Toby Archibold's death, three years before The Room--by my estimation, June/July of 2001. Keep in mind though that Mr. Archibold was running from the police to avoid arrest for his illicit dealings round Ashfield & Silent Hill, so who knows how long he'd been 'on the lam.'

Also, by my timeline, Silent Hill 3 occurs just one year before Toby's death, in the Spring of 2000. That leaves a one year window for the building to be abandoned, & ransacked--and that's pretty much what it looks like.

So, no, The Room does not take place before Silent Hill 3.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

I believe the poster in the strategy has a time line that points out SH 4 happens after SH 3.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Æ
Historical Society Historian
Location: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"

Post by Æ »

[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/705/cpiadebarrierdetail1oq0.jpg[/img]
metraton
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by metraton »

yeah i was checking my strategy guide, and it said silent hill 3 cane before 4
a good friend of mine: Im going to give you immense torture. it involves black leather and whips. *I but in* THe black angus burger!!