Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 31 Oct 2020

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Long Day's Journey into Night

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 66
I remember reading a thread where someone was drawing comparisions between O'Neill's play and SH2. Anyone know where it is? I wanted to say something about it without starting a new thread if possible.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Feb 2007
Notes left: 519
Last seen at: Funky town! :O
Too late now, then. >_>;

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 66
Well, consider that there are two possibilities:

The thread I'm looking for does not exist. In which case, this thread becomes useful and relevant.

Alternatively, that thread does exist. Whatever I do with this topic, someone will point me in that direction and then this one will be locked and sink into the primordial ooze.

No matter how you cut it, this thread serves a purpose.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Dec 2006
Notes left: 821
Last seen at: Blackpool UK
I noticed in Silent Hill 2 unlike the other games the day and night are actally real, because when the game begins it is light, then after Blue Creek it is still light but with a orange tint, meaning sunset, then after the hospital it is night until after The Historical Society which would be Morning

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 May 2007
Notes left: 47
Last seen at: Silent Hill
redrum wrote:
I noticed in Silent Hill 2 unlike the other games the day and night are actally real, because when the game begins it is light, then after Blue Creek it is still light but with a orange tint, meaning sunset, then after the hospital it is night until after The Historical Society which would be Morning

You're right, thats one of the details i like about the game :wink:

"In my restless dreams....i see that town...Silent Hill"

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Aug 2006
Notes left: 146
Last seen at: Phillipines,Davao City
redrum wrote:

never noticed that, I thought the night would mean more monsters,like in the SH Movie.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Sep 2006
Notes left: 353
Last seen at: U.S.
I would like to visit the town of SH outside during "Otherworld" like in SH1 again.

The only thing we got in SH2 was more nurses, psh...

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 539
Last seen at: Somewhere in Nowhere
Allen wrote:
I would like to visit the town of SH outside during "Otherworld" like in SH1 again.

The only thing we got in SH2 was more nurses, psh...

Yeah thats the detail I liked the moast about the first game with all the fences, strange surroundings and altered pathways.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Mar 2007
Notes left: 541
Last seen at: South Carolina, USA
The changes between the worlds were so noticable, and it made it more bizarre. you cant find that anywhere else, except maybe SH3 and even there its not like the original

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1299
I didn't notice any orange tint after James's foray through the apartments. I just thought that after James leaves the hospital, he's shifted into Nightmare Silent Hill, which is always dark.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Sep 2007
Notes left: 33
Last seen at: Shadow Moses Island
Oddish wrote:
I didn't notice any orange tint after James's foray through the apartments. I just thought that after James leaves the hospital, he's shifted into Nightmare Silent Hill, which is always dark.

You probably just weren't paying attention. As it's been pointed out though, I imagine it'll hit you like a ton of bricks the next time you play. When I played through my first time, I didn't really notice...
Then on my second run through I was running around and checking the whole map, and wondered how I missed the game's whole color changing like that. Hahaha

It was easier to notice when I went up stairs outside.(there's a bunch of buildings that have stairs you can go up. Can't do much else, but you can go up em.)

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
James doesn't experience the [otherside] in the apartments. His first time is in Brookhaven Hospital.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Aug 2008
Notes left: 4
MMY wrote:
James doesn't experience the [otherside] in the apartments. His first time is in Brookhaven Hospital.
nobody said he experienced it in the apartments

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1537
Last seen at: Colombia
I never noticed the sunset light, I liked the night walkthrough in the town cause the traffic lights were lit, I don't know why but that was creepy for me...

Anyway to see nurses and patient demons in the streets is lame, Konami should develop a chasing monster for thre streets and keep the nurses and patients at the hospital... This game just have 4 enemies (5 if you count the cockraches and 6 if you count Abstract Daddy who doesn't count cause is a boss)...

ANyway I'll check the sunset thing when I take back my PS2 from the pawn shop :?

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Dec 2006
Notes left: 708
Quote:

I believe it happens in SH3 also. After you leave Brookehaven it looks like the sun is setting, and by the time Heather reaches the Amusement park, it's dark before the shift even occurs.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Dec 2008
Notes left: 54
Last seen at: Gastroenteritis
Allen wrote:

And then there's also the "dark" version of Silent Hill that occurs in 1 that's an interstitial between the "daylight" version and the "alternate" version. I'd like to see more of that sometime.

They said alreety and they was alrighty and I was a zomby for you, little lady.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
>nobody said he experienced it in the apartments
JesterDK implied this.

Go away.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Oct 2008
Notes left: 184
Last seen at: Riverside Apartments, Room 501
MMY wrote:
>nobody said he experienced it in the apartments
JesterDK implied this.

Go away

Where is it implied? I just re-read that post, twice to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong, and saw nothing like that.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1537
Last seen at: Colombia
somatotonia wrote:
And then there's also the "dark" version of Silent Hill that occurs in 1 that's an interstitial between the "daylight" version and the "alternate" version. I'd like to see more of that sometime.

The Darkness always has had the same function of the mist, one comes for replace the other...

In Silent Hill 1 that was supposed to represent the Eclipse of the Keys, I think here was a post about that eclipse being the fusion of Cheryl and Alessa or something...

In SH2 the darkness could represent the heart of James who is really depressed after all that happened at the hospital... Then the daylight after the labyrinth could represent his anxiety for almost reach his goal...

In SH3 we just see the night before to reach Heather's home, it could be just a signal for the bad thing that happened there...

In SH4 the darkness appears when we are reaching the botton of the stairs; maybe represents the darkness in the core of Walter's heart or something

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
On a LDJIN note, when I read this book and saw that James was married to Mary, I couldn't help but bring it up to my English teacher, and continually made connections between James & Mary Tyrone and James & Mary Sunderland. Most of them are pretty far-fetched, though :?

And, despite the descriptions in the beginning of the game, I could not help but imagine the physical apperances of James & Mary Tyrone as that of the Sunderlands.

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList