Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Oct 2017

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Franks Bloody Note

Missing since: 20 Dec 2005
Notes left: 221
Last seen at: Heaven's Night
I’m curious about this event where Frank and Eileen are in front of Henry’s room talking about the strange happenings that has been going on in room 302. Frank slips a note under Henry’s door, but when you examine it, it’s a note covered in blood and you can’t read it or make any sense of it.

Anyone as any idea why that note appeared like that? Or is there any secret meaning behind it?

Another thing I’ve noticed sometimes when you look outside the peephole of the locked door in room 302, you can see sometimes Frank Sunderland standing there alone doing some strange gestures.

Is there any secret meaning to that as well? Was he seeing things? Was he possessed?

Thanks in advance for your time.
:)

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jul 2005
Notes left: 2174
Last seen at: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"
Everything that goes in and out the apartment can´t be read. Walter doesn´t want to. It might help Henry you know. Frank Sunderland knows what happened to Joseph, the letter must be related to that, but I don´t know what´s written in there.

As for the crazy Frank Sunderland dance, I have no idea.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Frank Sunderland paces and watches the apartment--he's concerned about what happened to Henry. As would any person considering that this is the second odd thing to happen to the apartment, and Frank seems like the type of guy to care about something like that.

The note is unreadable because it ties in with absolutely no contact with the outside world--the letter is destroyed as it passed underneath the door, trying to breach from their reality to the reality that Henry's stuck in. Because it is different.
If no one can see him from the windows, nor can they hear him, he's logically in a different "reality" than the others, much like the layers of Silent Hill. Regular town, foggy town, nightmare town. Henry's apartment at the start of the game can tie into "foggy town," while as the game progresses it because more and more of a "nightmare."

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19398
Last seen at: #lfk
>Walter doesn´t want to.
That's interesting, because according to Walter's ritual, Henry is the Receiver of Wisdom. How can one be wise if they learn nothing? Secondly: Walter is the one putting the notes under the door for Henry.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Dec 2005
Notes left: 221
Last seen at: Heaven's Night
That’s what caught my attention. During the course of the whole game, you can read every note that’s slipped under the door, except Franks. But it makes sense now that is Walter who’s slipping those Joseph’s note, thus explains why Henry can read them, but he can’t read the one Frank gives him, because its breaching from the normal world, into Walter’s Otherworld. I’m still very interested in the contents on what that note might had. It would have shed more light in the matter, and also see and learn a little bit more about Frank Sunderland.

I’m still curious about that freaky dance he does in front of your apartment though. I don’t think Konami put that in there just to look funny, or rather creepy seen an old man doing the “Forbidden Dance” for Henry’s pleasure.

Post subject:

the Adversary wrote:
>Walter doesn´t want to.
That's interesting, because according to Walter's ritual, Henry is the Receiver of Wisdom. How can one be wise if they learn nothing? Secondly: Walter is the one putting the notes under the door for Henry.

He doesn´t want to in that especific scene. I know he´s the one who puts Joseph´s notes under the door. I just forgot to mention everything that goes in and out, if it´s not Walter who puts them.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>He doesn´t want to in that especific scene.
Why wouldn't he?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

The info in that letter might help him, as I said before. It might contain something that may help Henry in a way. But I guess we´ll never know, it´s bloody and we can´t read it.

Post subject:

Something that Frank, a guy who no knowledge of the arcane or Walter's ritual to imprison Henry in the apartment, said in a letter could possibly help Henry find a way out of that mess? Not buying it, sorry.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

I'm pretty sure the note said something along the lines of: Henry, everything okay in there? -Frank

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Krist. wrote:
Something that Frank, a guy who no knowledge of the arcane or Walter's ritual to imprison Henry in the apartment, said in a letter could possibly help Henry find a way out of that mess? Not buying it, sorry.

I never said nothing about Frank knowing anything about the ritual. He just knew what happened to Joseph, knows that something strange happened in the room and the story of the couple that lived there. He knows that "the man in the coat" as been surrounding the apartment for a while (his last diary, before you meet Joseph). He also talked to Eileen saying "there are some strange things in this world" business. 2+2=4, maybe he´s realising something. Hell, we´ll never know. There´s some poor character development in this game, even if I loved it. Like the Adversary said, it might just be a hope letter, not necessarly a way out of the mess. I didn´t explained myself in a proper way, sorry.

Anybody has a photo of the bloody note?

Post subject:

The note probably said "Could you at least try to slip the rent under the door? I'm sure if you wrap it in a sock or tinfoil, the blood won't stain it too bad...."

Or "I let Joseph borrow my back issues of Cosmo, I'm sure they are in there somewhere..."

Post subject:

It's all right--I jumped to a conclusion and likewise apologize. We'll never know what the letter really said so it's silly to argue over it.

Post subject:

Piranha wrote:
I never said nothing about Frank knowing anything about the ritual.

"Shut up! I neva sed nuffing or nuffing! Yeah, but no, but yeah but no" etc.

Sorry about that. Vicky Pollard 4 life.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jun 2004
Notes left: 76
Last seen at: MSU
There's a weird squeaky sound almost like a mosquito's whine, so I have always believed Frank to be battling some kind of pesky gnat.

...up and down the hall...

...for hours.

Post subject:

its a reference to the ring
in japenese version:
you will die in seven days

Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
It says... "This is a bloody note, just so you know"