Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Jul 2019

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Twin Peaks References.

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
Did any other Peaks fans notice the suitcase full of shoes in room 302 of the Riverside Motel? Awesome reference in my opinion. Share others you might have found here.

For those not in the know, there was a show in the early nineties produced, directed and cowritten by David Lynch called Twin Peaks. The show is cited as one of Team Silent's major inspirations for the Silent Hill series.

On the show there is a one armed man named Phillip Gerard who plays a central part in the mystery. One day he is busted in connection with the crime introduced on the show and he is detained in a motel room. Here the police find an open suitcase filled with all right shoes. It turns out that Phillip Gerard is a traveling shoes salesman.

So awesome to see that Climax did some pretty extensive research on the Hill series.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
I've never seen Twin Peaks.. but I will certainly look it up on the net and find out the info on it. and when I get the game I'll be looking for that suitcase with the shoes :x

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Oct 2006
Notes left: 93
Last seen at: WV
Someone mentioned this on another board, and I thought that was really cool. I was wondering what the hell that room in the motel was about.
I watched Twin Peaks way back in the day, but I don't remember much about it. I just tried to add season 1 to my Netflix queue and it's not available. FAIL! :(

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Nov 2006
Notes left: 71
Last seen at: Silent Adan
Is Twin Peaks some kind of a book or something?
Well, I live in Kuwait and I don't what Twin Peaks is... :(
If it was a book I can tell you that in here we don't even study the famous Shake spear or whatever it was. Now you say Twin Peaks :)
Can someone tell me, plz?

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
Well Silent Pyramid, umm Twin Peaks I believe was a television show.. and I think it might have been a book also.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Nov 2006
Notes left: 552
Last seen at: Wish I knew
Silent Pyramid wrote:
Is Twin Peaks some kind of a book or something?
Well, I live in Kuwait and I don't what Twin Peaks is... :(
If it was a book I can tell you that in here we don't even study the famous Shake spear or whatever it was. Now you say Twin Peaks :)
Can someone tell me, plz?

It's an American television series revolving around a murder of a girl in a mountain town. What first seems like an ordinairy homicide, quickly turns into a macabre paranormal ordeal. The inhabitants aren't also what it seems.

Only lasted two seasons, but great nonetheless.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 847
Last seen at: alchemilia
You can watch Twin Peaks on the Chiller Channel.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Oct 2006
Notes left: 137
Last seen at: A deep pit in nowhere
Twin Peaks, please, one of the best tv shows ever and a masterpiece from david lynch master of freakiness, since SH1 this game is been inspired on the show, SH2 being the MOST inspired, that thing of the shoe case, I noticed it when I saw it and I just smiled.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2007
Notes left: 228
Last seen at: Motel
Now I have a reason to check Twin peaks out. thanks for the find!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2007
Notes left: 32
Last seen at: England
Dutchman wrote:

It's an American television series revolving around a murder of a girl in a mountain town. What first seems like an ordinairy homicide, quickly turns into a macabre paranormal ordeal. The inhabitants aren't also what it seems.

Only lasted two seasons, but great nonetheless.

Yeah, the second season had, like 40 episodes though :wink:
The first season and the film (Fire Walk With Me) were great, but I felt that as Lynch's influence dwindled to almost nothing in the second series, the show got more off-track and irrelevant.

Still, well worth checking out series 1 and the film.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 May 2006
Notes left: 236
Last seen at: Boston
there are only 29 actual episodes. and the pilot. plus the movie. what i cant understand is if you watch the pilot and then watch any other episode, cooper seems a little more egotistical where as he usually shows character. i dont know if that was a change made at last second or if im just seeing shit.

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 694
Just watch Twin peaks. My favorite part was when Cooper was dreaming, he went into a room where Palmer and that short guy was there. The backwards talking was pure genius.

The last episodes were really cool. I watched both the American and the European endings. Bob was a cool villain.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 490
The bench that Travis wakes up on is straight out of Twin Peaks, I swear. First time I saw that cutscene, I was all, "TWIN PEAKS!"

You can see it pretty much every time there are outside shots of Norma's cafe.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks References.

Missing since: 05 Jul 2008
Notes left: 140
Last seen at: Silent Hill, In Your Mind
SteveSilent wrote:
Did any other Peaks fans notice the suitcase full of shoes in room 302 of the Riverside Motel? Awesome reference in my opinion. Share others you might have found here.

For those not in the know, there was a show in the early nineties produced, directed and cowritten by David Lynch called Twin Peaks. The show is cited as one of Team Silent's major inspirations for the Silent Hill series.

On the show there is a one armed man named Phillip Gerard who plays a central part in the mystery. One day he is busted in connection with the crime introduced on the show and he is detained in a motel room. Here the police find an open suitcase filled with all right shoes. It turns out that Phillip Gerard is a traveling shoes salesman.

So awesome to see that Climax did some pretty extensive research on the Hill series.

The entire series of Twin Peaks was just released about 5 months ago in a DVD box set for around $80, I found mine at Best Buy, I believe most still carry it. It has all 29 episodes and shit loads of extras. It is one of the greatest shows ever aired on television. It's too bad most of the general population didn't understand it's depth and dark humor. Fire Walk With Me, the film, is also great, and explains a lot more about Laura Palmer. If you are an avid SH fan, go and watch Twin Peaks and you'll see a looooot of similarities. David Lynch is a coffee slurping genius!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Oct 2006
Notes left: 29
Last seen at: Liverpool
The whole motel had a very Twin Peaks feel. The dear head and various fish models reminded me a lot of the series (all the way through there is focus on mounted stag heads and goat heads as well as wall mounted fish)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jan 2007
Notes left: 338
Last seen at: Kobe, Japan
The Indian totem poles in the theatre. Very similar to the decor of the Great Northern Hotel in Twin Peaks.

The diner in the motel area also reminds me of the diner in Twin Peaks, and of course the diner in which Harry wakes up at the start of SH1.

The forest area in the mirror of the theatre stage reminded me a bit of the forest near the Black/White Lodge, when its door is open in particular.

Also, the breaking mirror in that early promo video for SH0 was reminiscent of the final image we see [spoiler]of Cooper/Bob[/spoiler] at the end of Twin Peaks.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Nov 2008
Notes left: 17
Last seen at: Mexico
Twin Peaks is a recurring reference source for SH. After watching Travis passing out after each boss battle I was hoping to see a scene like Cooper's dream with the Man from Another Place (for those who have not seen it, it's like Chief Wiggum's burning cards dream in Who shoot Mr. Burns), with Travis seated on a curtained room and little Alessa doing a jazzy dance and giving him a clue with cryptic backwards talking. It could have been very neat, at least as a special ending or extra game feature.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2008
Notes left: 64
I remember seeing those shoes and wondering if it was a TP reference. In retrospect, I don't know what else it could've been. :P TP is a great series...first season is really, really good...beginning of second season is good...middle of second season is terrible (god I hate that James Hurley character...the good-hearted rebel!), end of second season is really, really good again. The movie was wonderful, too...really dark and seedy...altho, they cut a TON of stuff out of it. Originally, it had the entire cast back in at least cameos.

Has anyone seen Lynch's newest movie, Inland Empire? I got to see it before it's official US release, and it really makes almost everything Lynch has done before seem tame. It's like James Joyce wrote a really dark, fucked up movie...every word has multiple meanings, and you have to watch it a few times to really absorb it. Towards the end, it gets really, really unsettling...some truly bizarre visuals. He shot it all in digital, too.

Seriously, if you like ANYthing Lynch has done, give this movie a try.