Angela

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

ziratha
Just Passing Through

Angela

Post by ziratha »

Hi, I was just wondering, I haven't played sh2 in a while and I had a thought on angela. In order for me to consider my thought, could you all recap what we know about angela and how we know it? Like how we know/think she killed her father and such.
reginald potamus
Just Passing Through

Post by reginald potamus »

angela was abused as a kid by her dad. evident from the various cut scenes mostley the 'rape' scene where she smashs the telly on the monster that to her is her dad. In the end she couldn't take it any more, got sick of it and stabbed him to death with a kitchen knife. The same knife she carries through silent hill. All this is evident in the newspaper article in the maze. After this she fled to silent hill, was called there like james to be punished for her sins becuase she felt guilt. An interesting theory by adversery says how angelas version of silent hill is her house. The stair case the mirror room all out of place in james world they look like a house. It seems like she forgot what she did at the beginning like james saying shes in town looking for her mother. and her brother and father i think. In a photo in the mirror room you see a photo on the floor her and her mother evidnet on one half (cause it's ripped in half) The other side is folded over i think but you can just about see her brother and father. Indicating maybe she just loved her mother and not the other two but i'm not sure on that. I heard somewhere she may have killed her brother aswell but i don't think thats true
scatlovers.com a site dedicated to the artful eating of poo
ziratha
Just Passing Through

Post by ziratha »

Well, ok my thought was that angela didn't kill her father. I was thinking maybe the women in sh3 that says she killed the one who killed her daughter was angela's mother.

If this is true then this would either require that angela was actually dead in sh2, or that angela's mother thought that thomas (angela's father) killed angela. This would seem to make sense because angela was in silent hill looking for her mother and the women is in silent hill. This would also make sense because the woman is almost sorry for killing the person and would go well with the fact that angela's mother blamed her for being abused. Of course, since angela was messed up and blamed herself for everything anyway, she might blame herself for the death anyway...

But again, this is just a theory. I don't remember enough to know if it's just a random thought or what...
F

Post by F »

because angela was in silent hill looking for her mother and the women is in silent hill.
Whgich "women" are you referring to? She had just killed her father, and perhaps her brother, hence the fact that she was looking for them in the graveyard beside her mother.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Why would some random person kill Thomas Orosco, who had nothing to do with Silent Hill, anyway? Angela had the motive, the means, and the justification. She did it.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

Yeah...I guess I really don't see how you have enough evidence to back up that theory. But everyone is entitled to their own view on things I suppose.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

Okay, this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I had a question and I don't really think it is worth starting a new thread, but was Angela planning on killing her mother too? She killed her father, possibly (and most likely) her brother as well, and then towards the end of the game, in the hotel stairwell when she mistakes James for her Mama she says:
“Mama, I was looking for you. You’re the only one left. Maybe then I can rest.”

If she killed her father and brother, then this sentence certainly implies that she intends to kill her Mother as well.[/url]
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

According to a very few people, yes. I suggested that notion years ago, after the game was released, but a lot people frowned upon the idea.

Not that I cared.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

While I'm not saying this is hard fact, since very little about Angela is certain, here's what I think:

1. Her father molested and/or raped her. She eventually had enough of it and stabbed him in the neck and the side.
2. Her brother was either involved with what her father was doing, or perhaps he merely knew what was going on (which caused her great shame and embarrassment), so she killed him as well.
3. Now, even though she loves her mother, she is trying to kill her for letting it go on for so long.

That's just kinda the vibe I've got right now.

-- And TA, I'm not really sure why people would frown on it (other than because that's what they (we) do), because it seemed to me that they were, if not out-right trying to say this, then at least strongly implying so. --
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'm not really sure why people would frown on it
Because a lot of people don't like radical thinking when it comes to Silent Hill. For example: Mary stayed at Brookhaven. It took years for people to finally understand that one.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

I never got the feeling that her brother was involved, so I personally think she killed him off because let's face it she understandably wasn't right in the head anymore. I mean as far as we know her brother might have walked in on her stabbing Tom and in the heat of things she attacked him as well.
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

Calamity wrote:I never got the feeling that her brother was involved, so I personally think she killed him off because let's face it she understandably wasn't right in the head anymore. I mean as far as we know her brother might have walked in on her stabbing Tom and in the heat of things she attacked him as well.
Yeah, you know, I agree. I don't have that strong of a feeling that he was involved. I can think of a million reasons why she (in her shattered state of mind) might have killed her brother. Examples:
1. To protect him from her abusive father
2. Because he saw what they were doing
3. He caught her killing their father and tried to stop her
4. Maybe she didn't kill him, maybe he just died.

____

St. Thomas, I know it's off topic, but I have to agree with you that she stayed at Brookehaven. All evidence points to this, and your argument was presented extremely well, though considering the amount of work you put into it, I'm sure you know that.
tokyo pistol
Just Passing Through

Post by tokyo pistol »

Hell_is_Silent wrote:Okay, this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I had a question and I don't really think it is worth starting a new thread, but was Angela planning on killing her mother too? She killed her father, possibly (and most likely) her brother as well, and then towards the end of the game, in the hotel stairwell when she mistakes James for her Mama she says:
“Mama, I was looking for you. You’re the only one left. Maybe then I can rest.”

If she killed her father and brother, then this sentence certainly implies that she intends to kill her Mother as well.
This is fantastic. Never thought of it that way before, but it adds a lot more to Angela's character and story.

I was curious about her brother's placement in the game as well, because he is on the ripped side of the picture and is not one of the family members 'left', whether that implies that she killed him or not.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

Hell_is_Silent wrote:Yeah, you know, I agree. I don't have that strong of a feeling that he was involved. I can think of a million reasons why she (in her shattered state of mind) might have killed her brother. Examples:
1. To protect him from her abusive father
2. Because he saw what they were doing
3. He caught her killing their father and tried to stop her
4. Maybe she didn't kill him, maybe he just died.
Hmm I like the protection point that you bring up. We can assume that he is perhaps a younger sibling, and she is going to extreme measures to make sure he doesn't go through the hell she did.
Neelys Bar
Just Passing Through

Post by Neelys Bar »

I have a few ideas on how Angela's brother died (assuming that he is indeed dead):

1. Angela's brother could have been killed by Thomas (is that her father's name?), perhaps he was trying to protect her and Thomas focused his violence on him.
2. Instead of protecting her, Angela's brother could have participated, hence Angela killed him too.
3. Angela may have grown violent against all men (as evidenced by her reaction to James helping her) and she may have killed her brother out of spite.

I think that 1 or 2 sounds the most likely, but I don't know much about Angela and her family.
-N.B.

"I'll be wating for you at the Bar Neely's."- Note found in motor home
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Apparently they were all horrible to her. Her mother blamed her daughter for the abuse, and said that "she deserved it." I'd kill them, too.. Fuckers.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

Very much agreed. Honestly the burning building sequence is the most difficult part for me to play through. It was just too close to a few of my best friends' lives that it made me physically nauseous to view that part in whole. Hearing the reprise of Theme of Laura still makes me uneasy.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Looks like I have to re-write that theory now, too. Damn. It's, like, four-and-a-half years old.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Maybe the adversary will help you write it, he knows everything about silent hill.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Nah, the Adversary didn't exist back then. I'll talk to Xander Aaxtious about it. He'll know.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.