Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 31 Oct 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Laura?

I wonder if selected children can only see the underworlds

the reason i ask is because laura doesnt seem the least bit scared of the town , if she was scared of anyone it would have been james,and how did she get to silent hill anyways?
so whats the deal.is it because of a childs inocents that confines the underworld from entering there minds?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Luara?

Missing since: 05 Jan 2006
Notes left: 217
Last seen at: .au
AZAMITH wrote:
laura doesnt seem the least bit scared of the town

Laura doesn't see the town as James, Angela and Eddie do.

Post subject:

She's from Silent Hill, and was hospitalized with Mary.

Laura does exist in unreality, though, or else we couldn't see her within the bounds of the game itself...so she probably sees a playland. She has no heavy burden or guilt, she's a child...it has nothing to violently project against her.

The fact that she can be found playing at will, with no care or concerns for her surroundings shows that what she sees isn't a normal town either. It's just not dangerous

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
Quote:
The fact that she can be found playing at will, with no care or concerns for her surroundings shows that what she sees isn't a normal town either. It's just not dangerous

Exactly! I do wonder what she meant though when James says," What's a little
girl doing in a town like this"? She replies," What, are you blind or something?.
This would imply that she sees a happy land for children so to speak and finds
it a stupid quesion. That's like saying Chucky Cheeses is no play for a child.

Post subject:

Or she sees a simulacrum of reality, where monsters look like inviting people, and the area is perfectly safe and always accessible to a child...

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Aug 2003
Notes left: 4728
Last seen at: H-Town
Laura sees an abandoned foggy town, without any people and without any monsters, for she is, unlike the guilty trinity, innocent - pure hearted.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2005
Notes left: 227
Last seen at: trapped in the labrinth for eternity
i believe that all she sees is an actual town, not empty or foggy . and instead of seein g the monsters she actually see's the people of the town

Post subject:

B5160-R wrote:
Laura sees an abandoned foggy town, without any people and without any monsters, for she is, unlike the guilty trinity, innocent - pure hearted.

innocent? i think that girl is a BITCH!! if she did half the stuff to me as she did to james i would freakin kill her.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jun 2005
Notes left: 100
Last seen at: england
AZAMITH wrote:
B5160-R wrote:

innocent? i think that girl is a BITCH!! if she did half the stuff to me as she did to james i would freakin kill her.

don't become a parent lol

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
Laura doesn't see the monsters, for her it's just another town.

Post subject:

reginald potamus wrote:
AZAMITH wrote:
B5160-R wrote:

don't become a parent lol

No just don't spoil your kids. -_-

Anyways, I was wondering for awhile why she was acting like nothing was wrong. Especially right when you find the lobby key in the hospital during the alternate phase. Shes skipping along while its dark as anything, carefree and crap.

But..what does she see is the question. Playland? Normal town? Samething, except the monsters don't come after her.

Post subject:

nah seriousley i think the monster's ,think she's a little harsh .she such a brat.
that lil evil creature probebly's the one who started all the shit with james comeing to silent hill looking for mary. i betta it was her who wrote the letter.<---(joke)
lol

Post subject:

I laughed at the hospital part when he calls her a snotnosed brat. I was like "About time James. I was wondering when you was going to try and put her in her place."

Only problem...after the fight with the flesh lips...it took me to Alternate Silent Hill. And I was still in the hospital. T_T

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
I believe Laura was from Wish House, personally.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jun 2005
Notes left: 100
Last seen at: england
the Adversary wrote:

how'd you draw that conclusion (not disagreeing here just want to know)

Post subject:

if i was in james place i'd kik her ASS :x

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Apr 2005
Notes left: 699
Quote:

I dont think so.
It's a nice thought, makes the whole thing more 'intertwined', but I'm pretty sure that they have no connection.

Firstly because there's just no reference whatsoever
Secondly because being beaten and locked in a rotating tower while reading cult scriptures might fuck you up a little
Thridly because SH2 was made before the idea of Wish House was created (or so I assume), so she was created without any thought towards Wish House. Walter Sullivan, of course, is an exception to this, having a story built around the tiny reference to him in SH2, using the Wish House Article from SH3

Post subject:

It's a recurring theme in Silent Hill games for each character to see the town differently, because of this I like the idea of Laura running around in a giant playground laughing and playing while James suffers beyond belief. Then to have her torture him further...

She was a brat.

Post subject:

Lucky_Aoi wrote:
It's a recurring theme in Silent Hill games for each character to see the town differently, because of this I like the idea of Laura running around in a giant playground laughing and playing while James suffers beyond belief. Then to have her torture him further...

She was a brat.

she was more then a brat...but i wonder were she got it. normally with an attitiude like that they had to have been spoiled ,either with love or richness,or perhaps she build this personality because of the rough life she lived.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Dec 2005
Notes left: 221
Last seen at: Heaven's Night
the Adversary wrote:

I found this bit of info about Laura’s past - LM states she has no mother ("Having no mother of her own"), and, probably, no father. How could this come to be? Let's see:
1) In Restless Dreams we can find photos of Laura in the hotel - this means she stayed there at one point. Maybe she lived there with her parents.
2) Laura's name is taken from the story "No language but a cry", in which a little girl is put on a frying pan by her parents - this inflicted not only burns, but also a very deep psychological wound on her.
3) The Lakeview Hotel BURNED a year before the events of SH2.
4) And exactly 1 year before the events of SH2 Laura finds herself in St. Jerome's Hospital.(Coincidence?)

1 year ago Laura came to Silent Hill with her parents - they stayed in the Lakeview Hotel. Then the hotel burns down and her parents perish in the fire, while Laura survives with burns and is taken to St. Jerome's Hospital for treatment. There she met Mary, who'd been in there for about two years now.

This is an interesting theory, its not fact.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next