The God

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

KageReneko
Subway Guard

The God

Post by KageReneko »

when you are about to fight the God Valtiel covers her head and then the battle starts, anyway the God's head always is covered except when she wants that you hit her... Is VAltiel feeding the God? Her moves seems that she is hanged from her jhead but I can't know why...
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

In some customs, when a person dies, you put a veil over their face.

That's what someone in the Making of SH3 said about it.
How it applies, I'm not entirely sure.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
boblecon1096
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by boblecon1096 »

Hjartu wrote:In some customs, when a person dies, you put a veil over their face.

It has been said Silent Team took some references from Aztec culture. Thus, some words like "Xu" in Xuchilbara and "Lob" in Lobsel Vith come from the Maya alphabet. The way Valtiel put a veil on God's face is also a practice common to the aztec.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Meh.

I think Valtiel is covering God's face because God is flawed and an insult to Valtiel's purpose. Valtiel failed in birthing the God.
Revenant
Just Passing Through

Post by Revenant »

Covered Head? Did I miss something? What are you people talking about? All I saw was this big giant corpse-thing with a really big creepifying head that was the only complete part of it. I think I need to play that game again.
"God? Are you sure you don't mean Devil?"
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Yes, you do, since you're the only one questioning it.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hjartu wrote:In some customs, when a person dies, you put a veil over their face.

They said they were like mixing customs or something like that in the making of. Also they added alot of toliets because toliets are a sign of horror to children.
Pojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Pojo »

Yep, it's a death shroudy type thing. I guessed that when I first saw it, but it does seem kindof odd the way it's happening, like exactly why is he doing it when she's going to get back up and go crazy.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

It always struck me as something that my people do,Gypsies.We cover the head of the dead to protect them from any demons that might want to steal the scerets of the dead.Also we lay black veils on the pictures of the dead,and usually it is down by the head of the house.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Hjartu wrote:
In some customs, when a person dies, you put a veil over their face.

They said they were like mixing customs or something like that in the making of. Also they added alot of toliets because toliets are a sign of horror to children.
Ther is a mix of over 6 different religions and belief systems. Lots is
written based with Japanese fable mythology as well as Anglo and
Hebrew as well. Lots of Judaism. Probably more than any other especially
in SH1.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
chainsw84
Just Passing Through

Post by chainsw84 »

that don veal its just some strips i dont know why you think is that veil :twisted:
Something is in my eye. Oh, it's a kitchen knife.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Known some call air am. What?
Fan from Silent Hill
Just Passing Through

Re: The God

Post by Fan from Silent Hill »

KageReneko wrote:when you are about to fight the God Valtiel covers her head and then the battle starts, anyway the God's head always is covered except when she wants that you hit her... Is VAltiel feeding the God? Her moves seems that she is hanged from her jhead but I can't know why...
Yeah I noticed that too, just never gave it any significance...
Arima
Just Passing Through

Post by Arima »

mm i did not like the last boss fight to much...i could kill her np even if she was using the fire walls.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Last time I played it took me over 30 minutes to kill her. I had nothing left but a dozen or so pistol bullets when she finally went down. :P I musta been doing it wrong, huh.

Also, it's kinda strange that Valtiel covers God's face after it's born, not before Heather kills it. It does LOOK awful corpse-like, though. I got the impression that most of it's body was made of bits of Claudia.
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 136hv0.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 142fd7.jpg
You can't see it all that well, but it looks to me like the fetus Heather coughed up and Claudia ate is at the core of God, mostly unchanged. All the extra "material" had to come from somewhere else.
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
Arima
Just Passing Through

Post by Arima »

did you hit her with the sword when she was down or did you just keep shooting her?
i find using the sword when she is down to be much faster.but that's just me
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I ran around until she went down, then shot her up until she went back up. Rinse and repeat. I tried to use the sword for a while, but she kept head butting me and thwacking me, and her claws hurt a lot more than her fire, oddly enough.
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

To me it looked like Valtiel was trying to help Heather destroy the boss as it wasn't exactly up to standards.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't know if Valtiel would've done that - he seems totally neutral as far as his actions go - he doesn't harm Heather, but he doesn't help her, either. He's there solely to assist God. So when Claudia ingests the god, he drags her down into the birthing room, removes her from her clothes, and I would imagine, shuts her up one of those long, cylindrical holes you see all over the place in the room so god can be born. He covers her face with a cap/veil, almost to rejuvenate her - whenever the god stands back up, she sticks her head back into that veil.

What I wanna know is what Valtiel would've done after the god was dead - would he have just crawled away, or would he allow it to transform one last time, to offer a baby to Heather?
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

would he allow it to transform one last time, to offer a baby to Heather?

Well, we never do find out what Heather sees when she turns around after killing the God. Considering that Valtiel's only role is to act as a valet for the god, I'm of two minds on that possibility. His job is really just to protect the god on its way to being born, his responsibilities don't extend beyond that. However, one could construe that him ensuring the god's rebirth in terms of another transformation would fall within his duties in the role given to him.