Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 20 Jan 2021

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject: Discuss your favorite scene(s) *major spoilers*

Missing since: 16 Sep 2006
Notes left: 629
Last seen at: Seattle, WA
I really enjoyed the police station area when all hell broke the fuck loose. Double helix really blew their load too quick on that part, you should have been able to take on a few waves of enemies with Wheeler. I think this part might turn off some hardcore SH fanboys but I left wanting more.

The Hell decent was great, I took that part SOOOO slow I thought for sure something was going to come out and attack me but I think you only come across one Smog the entire time.

The 2nd boss fight was epic, hands down best Silent Hill boss fight ever. They were all pretty good though, even if the final one was a pushover.

The cutscene after the attic puzzle... <3 <3 <3

And am I the only one that was screaming "WAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!" during the boat scene? :grin:

Last edited by ur-vile on 03 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Oct 2007
Notes left: 409
Last seen at: Vancouver, BC, Canada
My favourite scene SO FAR is the first PH scene.

I was as silent as Alex was. I have to say, it was more exiting watching this PH than it was watching the movie one. Even though they looked the same, it was a treat to see him rendered so lovely in game..... PH<3

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Yeah, but for how little he's in the game I don't even know why they bothered. He should have been a bigger part of the story, or not even included imo. Although I still have yet to see the boogeyman ending so maybe I'm taking out of my ass.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Oct 2008
Notes left: 109
Last seen at: Puerto Rico X3
My favorite scene so far is i the police station just every bit of it with wheeler and elle. damn, I love how intense that part was

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
My favorite scene without a doubt is that drill+Judge beauty! :D Come on, that was fucking awesome!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Aug 2008
Notes left: 246
Last seen at: Texas
I loved that cutscene even though it freezes every time. Plot twists are awesome.

My favorite, though, was either
[spoiler]Wheeler getting sucked in by asphyxia or Curtis being in the elevator. Giant WTF moment...I was totally dumbfounded. But then I thought, where's my revolver, damn it?![/spoiler]

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 May 2008
Notes left: 67
Last seen at: Central New York
l33tspaniard wrote:
I loved that cutscene even though it freezes every time. Plot twists are awesome.

[spoiler]Wheeler getting sucked in by asphyxia or Curtis being in the elevator. Giant WTF moment...I was totally dumbfounded. But then I thought, where's my revolver, damn it?![/spoiler]

You can get the revolver back from the Cemetary in your 2nd visit. The northmost row of tombs (if you're looking at the map, its the far left where theres the rows). It's in the 3rd tomb from the end. :D

My favorite cutscene probably has to be the opening one, where you're strapped down and stuff, and all the freakyness of Silent Hill is showing itself off in HD, for the first time since SH4, so I had this stupid grin on my face from how awesome it all looked, even though I was supposed to be scared I guess. xD

Are my screams just a whisper?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Feb 2008
Notes left: 133
Last seen at: Madison, IN
Amy wrote:
My favorite scene without a doubt is that drill+Judge beauty! :D Come on, that was fucking awesome!

That was my favorite scene as well. It was just so awesome with Alex, [spoiler]at first screaming his lungs out while being drilled in the leg, then whipping out some revenge and jabbing the drill right into her chin/neck.[/spoiler] Classic!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Feb 2008
Last seen at: Madison, IN
l33tspaniard wrote:

After [spoiler]You save wheeler (if you choose to do so), does he actually live? I don't remember seeing him again after that....[/spoiler]

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
for those who completed the game, how mant hrs did it take roughly?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Sep 2008
Notes left: 31
Last seen at: Arkansas
^ I'd say for me about 10 hours. My favorite was the scene before you fight Ms. Pregnant fucking thing...idk her name but she was freaky. I loved that scene though it was such a shock it made me a little sad.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

That Curtis scene in the elevator, can you get there w/o the suit? I would guess if you took a serum and booked it you could do that scene w/o the costume.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Jun 2008
Notes left: 1139
Last seen at: In your fridge
ur-vile wrote:
Yeah, but for how little he's in the game I don't even know why they bothered. He should have been a bigger part of the story, or not even included imo. Although I still have yet to see the boogeyman ending so maybe I'm taking out of my ass.

i think he's a part of Adam (Alex's dad's) story, which is why he shows up so little in the game.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
my favorite part would have to be the "Hell decent" as well

that and exploring Shepard's Glen when you first arrive

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Apr 2006
Last seen at: Boston
favorite scenes: Dad & RP tell you your Loco / Margaret & the drill / anything with wheeler, i found that guy to be hilarious, but then again he reminds me so much of this employee at hte movie theater i used to go to that i can't help but laugh.

i did think the RP ending was cool though and the UFO one made me laugh. as those are the only 2 i've seen so far.

and yah know.... despite RP is in it, if the painting in the historical society in SH2 was never there, then it would create massive continuity WTF / but cuz it was there, and that was Jame's perception of RP and his Guilt, vs. the actual executioners, it makes sense to me.

i don't really consider this a "silent hill" game more like a good "movie" game or at least that's how it felt. if they fix their flaws and let Team Silent come in, I think you'd go from having a B-movie/game to a A+ award winner (with everyone loving every scene). i really think between 4, 0, and now 5, konami is just experimenting to see just HOW to compile and create the ultimate Silent Hill. if the next game down the road and movie don't get it this time... oi.... then rename the franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHxdMXcO0Yo
(Brighter Quality)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

People who call this a movie-game cause everything to flash white for a second, just before I wake up COVERED IN THEIR BLOOD.

To whoever said it, I think Wheeler lives. The knives were all in non-lethal areas; he should be missing a lung but Alex stopped the bleeding so Wheeler should live (if Elle can get him medical attention quickly).

He's visibly seen living in the awesome UFO ending. :D

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 May 2008
Notes left: 139
Last seen at: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Favorite scene, Alex's house other world. I thought that scene was really well done, and the closest thing to silent hill level/puzzle exploration.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19452
Last seen at: #lfk
Scarlet's music is the pinnacle of Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill compositions.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Yeah, that boss fight is all kinds of amazing, and that music made it SO CREEPY. I was O_O on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
Mockingbird wrote:
Scarlet's music is the pinnacle of Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill compositions.

I noticed it was a remix of music from Silent Hill Origins