Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Oct 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Baby says "Thank You"

Missing since: 01 Feb 2006
Notes left: 72
Last seen at: California
Possibly the most disturbing moment in the series is when the infants are trapped in the wall found above the cupboard. What some of you probably missed, that I nearly back away from the television for, was the fact that the final infant will whisper "Thank you." before being the last to dissapear. Anyone catch that?

...Poltergeists are among these.
Negative emotions, like fear, worry, or stress manifest
Into external energy with physical effects.
Nightmares have, in some cases, been shown to trigger
Them. However one such phenomena doesn't appear
To happen to just anyone. Although it's
Not clear why, adolescents, especially girls,
Are prone to such occurrences.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jan 2006
Notes left: 120
Last seen at: Salt Lake City, Utah
Probably shoulda marked this as a spoiler...

I, sadly, have only gotten the BAD ending in sh4... guess it's time for next fear.

Post subject:

That shit was trippy and yeah...I caught that.

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7462
Last seen at: Kentucky
The babies that are on the wall after you put the doll in the trunk?? I've never seen or received that haunting.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2004
Notes left: 574
Last seen at: Exam Room
Probably for the best. That haunting is the most annoying thing ever. You just can't get rid of it.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2006
Notes left: 246
Last seen at: Canada
Do they really say thank you?? TRIPPY! I must play it again!

...are my screams just a whisper?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Dec 2005
Notes left: 221
Last seen at: Heaven's Night
Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:
The babies that are on the wall after you put the doll in the trunk?? I've never seen or received that haunting.

You’re lucky.

And yes I did notice along the end of it, one of them says "Thank you".

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

...kay..sorta really creeped out by that. Will look for it next time I play. Or run away and hide. Whichever one.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 28
Wait, sorry I'm incredibly slow, but where exactly do you find these infants in the cupboards?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

No, the infants aren't in the cupboards. They are one of the hauntings, found above the trunk that Henry stashes everythign in, a.k.a your inventory.

There's just this mass of infants that cry. It's sad, really.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 28
Faded.Memories wrote:
No, the infants aren't in the cupboards. They are one of the hauntings, found above the trunk that Henry stashes everythign in, a.k.a your inventory.

There's just this mass of infants that cry. It's sad, really.

Ohh, ok I see. Thanks. I'll really have to look for that next time.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2005
Notes left: 1696
Last seen at: Калинингра́д, Россия
That was my favorite haunting. It was disturbing at first, then you feel compassion for the poor little things after rthe last one says "thank you."

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Oct 2004
Notes left: 167
Last seen at: behind you
That was kinda creepy but do you think it has any deeper meaning than just to piss people off b/c i know i turned the sound off everytime i went to the apartment from then on

Maybe (and this is a huge maybe b/c i'm actually thinking for once in my life) but maybe the doll is meant to symbolize suffering and fear infants often cry when something is wrong i wonder if this is maybe one of walter's ways of telling Henry that something was to come of Eileen in some way

[spoiler]her death or his attempt to kill her[/spoiler]

Iono maybe i'm over thinking things but if i could find some solid evidence it may hold up tell me what you guys think

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2005
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Everett, MA
Why would it say thank you by simply backing away from it? Or does it say that when you try to exorcise it?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2006
Notes left: 72
Last seen at: California
Sorry, I forgot to mention I exorcised them.

...Poltergeists are among these.
Negative emotions, like fear, worry, or stress manifest
Into external energy with physical effects.
Nightmares have, in some cases, been shown to trigger
Them. However one such phenomena doesn't appear
To happen to just anyone. Although it's
Not clear why, adolescents, especially girls,
Are prone to such occurrences.

Post subject:

I'm thinking those are the souls of the kids who were in the orphanage with Walter. They're crying, like when Jasper wrote that the kids could be heard crying when the cult guys did stuff to them. I haven't seen it, but do the babies pop out and scream all creepy like? Because that would just be cool. Mass making possesed baby machines, or "Baby Mitosis". It's brilliant...I'm so sadistic...

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2005
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Everett, MA
I don't think they're babies, I think they're dolls. They are wearing the shabby dolls clothes.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jan 2004
Notes left: 296
Last seen at: UK
My theory is this.

When Eileen gave Walter the doll a loooong time ago, he mentioned that he was so overcome with emotion that he began to cry and couldent stop crying for a long time.
That Doll almost became a part of him....hmmm a PART of him...

When you see Walter on the steps of the apartment block he sits there and calmly hands you the Doll to take, with an explaination of it and where he got it, but how comes if it's so special to him he wants to give it to someone he's "apparently" never met before...
Well I think he knows that by giving it to Henry that he will take it back to his Room (the place Walter wants to get closer to) and most likely store it there since it has no use, since the dolls a part of Walter (to a certain extent) this gets him somewhat closer to the inside of Henrys room...

Now when you take the doll back to the Apartment, the faces start to appear all over the cabinet, and as mentioned when you deposit it inside the cabinet, the faces say "thank you"...
this could be genuine praise from young walter (manifested inside the haunting) or maybe sarcasm from Walter (haha thanks for letting me in)

Not very well written but I think the point is there...

The Doll is another way that Walter can invade or get closer to his "mother"

M.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Mar 2006
Notes left: 66
Last seen at: Silent Hill Apt.
Matthew V. Smith wrote:
My theory is this.

When Eileen gave Walter the doll a loooong time ago, he mentioned that he was so overcome with emotion that he began to cry and couldent stop crying for a long time.

When you see Walter on the steps of the apartment block he sits there and calmly hands you the Doll to take, with an explaination of it and where he got it, but how comes if it's so special to him he wants to give it to someone he's "apparently" never met before...
Well I think he knows that by giving it to Henry that he will take it back to his Room (the place Walter wants to get closer to) and most likely store it there since it has no use, since the dolls a part of Walter (to a certain extent) this gets him somewhat closer to the inside of Henrys room...

Now when you take the doll back to the Apartment, the faces start to appear all over the cabinet, and as mentioned when you deposit it inside the cabinet, the faces say "thank you"...
this could be genuine praise from young walter (manifested inside the haunting) or maybe sarcasm from Walter (haha thanks for letting me in)

M.

wow i kinda had a different theory, but that ones damn good too! my theory is that he gave the doll to henry to kinda hinder the safety of his room and sorta make it tougher on him, so when he finally has to duke it out with him at the end he'll be considerably weaker and more likely to lose to him... those are my opinions and it might simple but its the one i came to.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jan 2004
Notes left: 296
Last seen at: UK
somethindarker wrote:
Matthew V. Smith wrote:
My theory is this.

M.

wow i kinda had a different theory, but that ones damn good too! my theory is that he gave the doll to henry to kinda hinder the safety of his room and sorta make it tougher on him, so when he finally has to duke it out with him at the end he'll be considerably weaker and more likely to lose to him... those are my opinions and it might simple but its the one i came to.

Thank you ^^
Your Theory works too, using the innocent looking Doll against Henry as another way to weaken him with hauntings, it could also be another way of "breaking" him, when even an innocent Doll can cause such horror to be inflicted upon him, I think it does all boil down to invading the Room to some extent, nothing goes in, nothing comes out....except for Henry and his posessions, a convenient way to cause chaos, get him to take something in that is a part of Walter which he can then use to manifest hauntings within the room that he longs to enter himself...notice also that the Dolls can not actually get through the Wall, they are stuck there, it seems even with a part of himself inside the Room, he still cannot enter the room, and the dolls stuck unable to move on the wall could symbolise this.

M.

@ Kim - The Dolls are stuck on the wall like a big 3D collage, they cry repeatedly in a desperate fashion, almost as if they are pleading for help or attention, as well as this random Dolls heads shake erratically and some of them attempt to shake away from the wall, remeniscent of attempting to invade the Room but failing, instead they can only sit and watch and cry.