Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 20 Nov 2019




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: It's about bloody time.

Missing since: 09 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2566
Last seen at: Centralia
My other topic was deleted after the hack, so I hope nobody minds if I make a new one.

The friendly neighbourhood EB Games finally got a used copy of SH1 in for $15.99, but I spent all my money. Thank Ralph Klein for giving everyone the $400 so I could get my copy, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I somehow find it scarier and harder then the other SH games. Maybe because of the muddy graphics? Or it just strikes something within me? Either or, it's still a brilliant game (and well deserved it's spot on OPM's 100 Essential Games), but one question: has anyone figured out the entirety of the plot.

Yes, this is nothing but another praise topic. :)


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>has anyone figured out the entirety of the plot.
Yes. The plot is extremely simple, actually--it's what's going on behind the plot that makes it interesting.

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
Congratz, you finally got a copy of SH1, the greatest game made.
Agreed, SH is the scariest and the best in the series, and the grainy graphics does add to it.

_________________
Image
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1677
Last seen at: UK
The first Silent Hill is still my favourite.

_________________
Image
what we need are more eyes...


Top
   
 


 Post subject: Re: It's about bloody time.

Caim wrote:
My other topic was deleted after the hack, so I hope nobody minds if I make a new one.

The friendly neighbourhood EB Games finally got a used copy of SH1 in for $15.99, but I spent all my money. Thank Ralph Klein for giving everyone the $400 so I could get my copy, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I somehow find it scarier and harder then the other SH games. Maybe because of the muddy graphics? Or it just strikes something within me? Either or, it's still a brilliant game (and well deserved it's spot on OPM's 100 Essential Games), but one question: has anyone figured out the entirety of the plot.

Yes, this is nothing but another praise topic. :)


You're kidding me. 16 bucks? I got my used Silent Hill 1 game at Gamestop for 6 bucks. Man that sucks.

Honestly..The First Silent Hill is scarier, because its the first one Konami made and I guess they went all out on it.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: It's about bloody time.
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
Jett Kakashi wrote:
You're kidding me. 16 bucks? I got my used Silent Hill 1 game at Gamestop for 6 bucks. Man that sucks.
Honestly..The First Silent Hill is scarier, because its the first one Konami made and I guess they went all out on it.


Man, you're a downer, $6 is a great price, but $15 is reasonable.

_________________
Image
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
I got mine for 7.99 at EBgames. That's funny I think it's less scary and hard because of the bad graphics.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1677
Last seen at: UK
Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:
That's funny I think it's less scary and hard because of the bad graphics.


Really? I think the PS1 graphics add to the atmosphere and make it more scary.

_________________
Image
what we need are more eyes...


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
I just find the smoother graphics to be more life like and scarier.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2005
Notes left: 421
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
That's awesome you got a copy of SH1!...Personally though, I can't pick a favorite...I love them all...! Have fun playing your game!


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Dec 2005
Notes left: 221
Last seen at: Heaven's Night
I got a copy of a used SH2 for $6.99.

I too found SH1 a bit harder than the others, but that’s because those damn Mumblers or whatever their called (those things with knife at the start of the game that jump at you when your close), and not to mention that god awful 3D control.

_________________
Image
"The Monster inside of me as grown this big"


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 16 Jan 2006
Notes left: 137
Jedah wrote:
I too found SH1 a bit harder than the others, but that’s because those damn Mumblers or whatever their called (those things with knife at the start of the game that jump at you when your close), and not to mention that god awful 3D control.


That's the same reason I found it had a slightly higher difficultly level. It's
much easier now that I'm used to the controls, but the first time I played it...
I was everywhere, bumping into walls, creatures...bosses. Bosses that eat you.

On the graphics...I thought they were really nice, and I didn't find they detracted or added to the scare factor of the game. Either way, I like then. By the way, congratulations on finding the game. Enjoy!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2099
Last seen at: Australia
I find it harder too... the difficulty on Normal mode is far harder than in the other games, and even 'easy' isn't as simple as in the other titles.

I found mine, brand new, in a Target store last year for $30. It had been in storage for 6 years.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Sh1 had my favorite puzzle(the piano)...but I probably had the most difficulty with Silent Hill 4...Walter Sullivan enjoyed kicking my ass


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Congratulations on scoring a copy, Caim! I think you'll enjoy it. :)

It is a great game, but I don't know about SH1 being the scariest in the series, though... I've only played through the first little bit of SH3, but even going through those two initial areas creeped me out more than my entire trek through SH1... Except for possibly one or two areas. But I do agree that SH1's biggest fright factor is its soundtrack, definitely.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Dec 2005
Notes left: 221
Last seen at: Heaven's Night
FrozenHalo wrote:
Sh1 had my favorite puzzle(the piano)...but I probably had the most difficulty with Silent Hill 4...Walter Sullivan enjoyed kicking my ass


Me too. I usually just ran away from him, but I always found the idea of Walter stalking me to be more creepier than the Nemesis from RE. Maybe it was his psychotic laugh... idk :|

_________________
Image
"The Monster inside of me as grown this big"


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
If there is ONE game from the past time of awful graphics and simple gamestructures, it's Silent Hill... never got tired of it, and I never do... it's a masterpeice.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Aug 2005
Notes left: 751
Last seen at: Connecticut
Ahh, congrats.

A friend got me it for christmas this year, and it really is a great game.

There are times when I have really jumped in that game because of those damn mumblers.

I'll agree that it can be pretty hard too.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Sep 2003
Notes left: 744
Last seen at: the happiest place on earth, michigan
You've went this long without playing SH1? HERETIC! :twisted:

Haha..I keed. Congrats, Caim! ^_^

_________________
Image
Ø//+
Love is just a bloodsport.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2566
Last seen at: Centralia
plastique-nouveau wrote:
You've went this long without playing SH1? HERETIC! :twisted:

Haha..I keed. Congrats, Caim! ^_^


Oh, not at all. I have two copies: one that got me through a single playthrough before freezing up.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: