Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 18 Nov 2019

Post subject: speed run

I've been looking for a speed run of SH and I was hoping someone could direct me to one.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
http://speeddemosarchive.com/SilentHill.html

It says demo, bah, give it a try :P

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jun 2005
Notes left: 607
Last seen at: Bournemouth, England
Quote:
-No glitches were used (i.e. throwing the red liquid on a shadow child in the amusement park to skip right to the end of the fight with Cybil).
That was on the Speeddemos page...Does that actually work? Never heard of it before :?

Add me on MySpazz!

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
Yep. You can use the aglaophotis when you first get to the Amusement Park on one of the translucent children initiating a glitch. The graphics & sound go bananas, and ends after the sequence with Alessa & Dahlia: the whole "level" can be passed in a manner of seconds by using the glitch.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

oooooOOOOOOooooooh, shall give that a go! :mrgreen:

So what does the game recognise that you've done? Killed or saved Cybil?

Add me on MySpazz!

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Saved her, if I remember correctly. I forgot to mention that. It's been awhile though, so I would check it out to make sure.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Quote:
Yep. You can use the aglaophotis when you first get to the Amusement Park on one of the translucent children initiating a glitch. The graphics & sound go bananas, and ends after the sequence with Alessa & Dahlia: the whole "level" can be passed in a manner of seconds by using the glitch.

Whoaaaaa, never heard this before. So only the shadow kids at the park, not anytime before that? And it can be any shadow kid there? And I won't have to use it on Cybil, or fight Cybil? Crazy.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2005
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Everett, MA
saturn beads wrote:
Quote:

Whoaaaaa, never heard this before. So only the shadow kids at the park, not anytime before that? And it can be any shadow kid there? And I won't have to use it on Cybil, or fight Cybil? Crazy.
It's the one near the concession stand with the save point notepad on it.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Any of the kids will work. There are couple immediately to the right of the sewer exit, and a few steps forwards: there's a bench there, I believe. You can use it near either of them.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

I check out speed demon earlier but nothing loaded. Might as well try it again...

Edit: Media player pops up, connects for awhile and then says error downloading code? Does that mean theres something wrong with the video?

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

the Adversary wrote:
Not having alot of luck with this :?

Is it the NTSC version that this works on? Because I obviously have the PAL one, and it doesn't wanna work :(

Add me on MySpazz!

Post subject:

As far as we know about that old finding by Scorpion Kid, it works on NTSC. And NTSC bootlegs as well.

Why, Kid, why d'ya leave SH?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jan 2006
Notes left: 137
ecri wrote:
I check out speed demon earlier but nothing loaded. Might as well try it again...

Edit: Media player pops up, connects for awhile and then says error downloading code? Does that mean theres something wrong with the video?

The video works fine for me. I was using Divx video player to view it though, which might be your problem.
Quote:
File details: 88.9 MB / 256 MB / 1.53 GB size (low / normal / high quality), requires DivX codec. Thanks to Nate for transferring from VHS.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1136
Last seen at: New Jersey
Is there a speed run that shows the cutscenes as well?

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 2703
Last seen at: UK
St. Thomas wrote:

Wow. Thanks for that Tom, I'll have to try that. I never knew about it.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 91
Last seen at: The North
I heard it doesn't work in the European version. At least I never got it to work. Some people have crashed their games and saves completely. So if you attempt just remove the memory card before entering the park.