Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Aug 2019

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: I came across this today!

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 869
Don't get too excited. We don't even know if this is in relation to a new game.

It's still... good news. It's probably the best news I've seen in a while, too. :)

http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmr ... reg&posNum

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-gam ... ll-canada/

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1161606453079285760

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: I came across this today!

Missing since: 16 Aug 2014
Notes left: 489
Interesting. I guess this could mean something. Or not. Knowing Konami. I noticed it says online/computer/video games on the Trademark, but I’m not an expert.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah, that intrigued me as well. Like you say though, it's likely for nothing other than plugging their merchandise. As much as I'd love the series to come back, I'm tired of companies like Konami and even Capcom putting all of this gimmicky bullshit into their games. Or making them too action oriented. Resident Evil 4 and Book of Memories murdered their respective franchises. What ya buying? What ya selling? Um, maybe that crappy game. LOL.

Gravedigger

Missing since: 16 Aug 2014
Notes left: 489
Yeah. What might give me some hope is that next to this news, it’s Silent Hill’s 20th year.

Also, I can’t stand RE4 either, but not just for the mechanics. The storytelling is horrendous. In the way the story is currently constituted, it would only make sense for Mendez and Salazar to be as they are if they were horrible people before Saddler came onto the scene. Silent Hill 3 handled fanaticism much better. Claudia at least initially was conflicted over the Order/the Cult.

Mendez and Salazar were supposedly originally decent people, yet they immediately accepted Saddler and all of the sudden became wicked and fanatical. On top of that, they’re supposed to be highly intelligent.

Perhaps they were rotten religious fanatics from the beginning. After all, the little peasants had to live simple lives. Mendez was a Roman Catholic priest.

I also don’t buy the 1st Castellan as a decent person either, as he was a Royal.

The popular motto throughout history among rulers has been Divide and Conquer/Divide and Rule. As far as I know, this was during the first Spanish Inquisition, which makes all of the Castellan family doubly suspect.

Organized Christianity and organized religion in general have been a real boon to kings, rulers, dictators, fanatics, bullies, bigots, and murderers.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah. I mean, I did not particularly dislike RE4 when I originally bought it in 2005. It is a cool action game. But everything about does not cry RE to me. The whole idea that creatures drop ammo and cash is bloody stupid as hell. In retrospect, I guess we could say Capcom was also responsible for screwing up Silent Hill and other franchises, because it was after RE4 came out, that a lot of major companies (except some indie people) quit using fixed camera angles and tank controls in their own horror games. Yet RE4 still has tank controls, just that the perspective is over the shoulder.

I don't know what Capcom is planning to show off next month. A bunch of fans with special passes are getting invited to try a new game. Don't know what the hell it is, and I don't care much about the series any longer. Even if a new "Revelations" game comes out, the story will abruptly end by the time it's over, and it will likely never be continued anyway. That's what happened with the last game too, and pretty much every sequel before it. We had Alex Wesker in it, and we have heard zero about her ever since. They throw shit in games to make an easy profit, but it's never really what you actually wanted to see happen to a series you are so passionate about. They know that if Wesker's relative is in a game, people will buy it and play it, and probably enjoy the hell out of it, due to an obscure connection to a deceased character. That's why he has a son and a sister. How lame, Capcom...

Maybe nothing about a new Silent Hill game is even coming. They may just be extending the contract for to plug their merchandise, and so they can use the franchise's name in the worst way they can for maybe another bad spin-off.