Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 29 Oct 2020

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Born From A Wish Theory **Potential Spoilers**

Missing since: 09 Mar 2006
Notes left: 422
Last seen at: Woodside Apts, AZ
I'm posting this as a new topic because I doubt anyone has realized this. :wink:
It is a known fact that the SH series has many inspirations that effect the story, characters, and places of the games. Well I have a theory about one of the inspirations on Maria and her story/mini-game Born From A Wish, but the last part is of all 4 games. Its also about the song by Simon and Garfunkle called "Sounds of Silence", please post email me and tell me what you think. :!: ****You have to have a basic knowledge of ALL 4 Games to understand what I'm talking about***** :!:

Here goes:

The very first verse is :

"Hello Darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again."

Mary was in horrible pain and James killed her right, some people suggest that a little part of Mary is in Maria - hence "I've come to talk with you again."

The Second verse is:

"Because a vision softly creeping left its seeds when I was sleeping and the vison that was planted in my brain still remains."

When we first see Maria she says that when she woke everyone was gone. If Maria is an apparition, then she was created sleeping, she is the seeds of Mary's and the towns hate hence the phrase “the vision still remains”.

The 3rd verse is:

"In Restless Dreams, I walk alone on street of cobble stone, ‘neath the hallow of a street lamp. I turned my collar to the cold and damp."

Throughout most the mini-game Maria is alone, no live people are found until she gets to the Baldwin Mansion, and that guy is probably dead too. There is a lot of fog in Silent Hill.

"And in the naked light I saw Ten thousand people, maybe more. People talking without speaking, People hearing without listening, People writing songs that voices never share And no one dared Disturb the sound of silence."

This could pertain to all the people who worshipped Silent Hill's main religion, or to all the people who died because of that religion. Then there are all the Native Americans, Immigrants, Tourists, and Prisoners who died in SH.

"Fools" said I,"You do not know Silence like a cancer grows. Hear my words that I might teach you,Take my arms that I might reach you."But my words like silent raindrops fell,And echoed In the wells of silence"

The God is birthed in Silent Hill by Alessa, Harry stops it, but doesn't kill its evil, this is witnessed in Silent Hill 2. Depending on the ending, James succumbs to that evil, or he goes home with an innocent. In Silent Hill 3 Cheryl/Heather is ready to birth God and its evil is spread to the town she is in. She eventually is drawn back to Silent Hill after Harry dies.
In Silent Hill 4, Henry Townshed, who has no apparent connection to Silent Hill , except for being there a few times, is drawn to Silent Hill to get out of his room. His superintendent : Frank Sunderland, had a son and daughter in law who went missing after they went to Silent Hill. Walter was raised in Silent Hill( the Wish House), but Walter thought Henry's apartment (itself) was his mother: hence how Henry becomes connected.

"And the people bowed and prayed To the neon god they made. And the sign flashed out its warning, In the words that it was forming. And the signs said, The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls And tenement halls. And whisper'd in the sounds of silence."

Evidence of Silent Hill's God and Evil is apparent on the walls of all the buildings and subways that are touched by that evil. In Silent Hill 1: Warnings about the end of the world are in the school.
Claudia, Vincent, Dahlia, Jennifer Carrol, and the other saints are like the prophets.

Well thats all there is, I sent it to the producer of the SH Movie and he liked it 8) .
Thanx

Last edited by white rabbit on 20 Oct 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
It's an interesting idea. While I don't fully agree with certain nuances and bit & pieces (ex: Maria's creation) I'll still commend you for coming up with it. But I do think this is one of those instances where coincedence fits nicely. :) Even so, a very nice post, indeed.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2005
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Everett, MA
ARRRRGHH!!! I discovered this before too...and totally forgot to post it. I was even working on a SH2 music video with Maria footage during the "walk alone" part....nyaaaah!

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2006
Notes left: 1444
Last seen at: Californication
This is why I love this forum. :D So many theories and ideas; it's something new everyday. It's FANTASTIC that you made the correlation between the two. I like it. :wink:

SHHF FAQs | Sig/Avatar Restrictions | Request Avatars and Sigs | SHHF Guidelines

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

NightFlutter wrote:
ARRRRGHH!!! I discovered this before too...and totally forgot to post it. I was even working on a SH2 music video with Maria footage during the "walk alone" part....nyaaaah!

I guess I wasn't that original but keep working on the music vid. I want to see!!!!!!!

Last edited by white rabbit on 19 Mar 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

SuPeRpUpPy wrote:
This is why I love this forum. :D So many theories and ideas; it's something new everyday. It's FANTASTIC that you made the correlation between the two. I like it. :wink:

i agree totally i tell you been back a night its good to be home

Post subject:

Just loved your avatar, Krist.

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
You could have sent a PM to tell her. Back on topic, back on topic. :)

Post subject:

Wow, what a find. Definetly something noteworthy.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Mar 2006
Notes left: 418
just like the person a bit furthur up from me i love this forum, no other forum i have been on others as good theories and ideas about their topic as this one they are so interesting and thought provoking how do you think them up. A good idea to the games also nice thought on them being connected to Simon and Garfunkel.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Mar 2006
Notes left: 267
Last seen at: Brookhaven Hospital
I really like that theory. I love that the producer of the SH film liked it too.

And hell...it def could be true. We know Team Silent draws from things I would never even DREAM them drawing from.

Great theory!

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.

Post subject:

It's called "The Sound of Silence" to be correct isn't it? :)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

EJay wrote:
It's called "The Sound of Silence" to be correct isn't it? :)
:oops: Yup :oops: :mrgreen:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jul 2006
Notes left: 48
Last seen at: North Carolina, USA
This makes me think of the "Dark Side of the Moon"/"Wizard of Oz" connection...

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 May 2006
Notes left: 281
Last seen at: Philly, Pa.
My brain just exploded. I never even fathomed that connection before. But that his eerily connected. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
It seems like a bit of a stretch to be plausible to me, but hell, you did a wonderful job :D

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Thank muchly!!!!