Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 29 Oct 2020

Post subject: that crazy little dog.

this has probably been discussed to death but i went through the game yesturday and got this end and i think that dog was eddies dog who he shot, thus him having a good enough motive to cause havok, as on the credits he seems to growl when eddie appears. I think this is the reason behind the ending so the ending doesnt seem as stupid as I first imagined.

thoughts?????

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jun 2005
Notes left: 607
Last seen at: Bournemouth, England
I...Never even thought of that :?

I'm a bit clueless sometimes, lol

No reason why it shouldn't be true though, it all seems to fit in.

Nice one :wink:

Add me on MySpazz!

Post subject:

I have always think that, like that kind of way. Somewhere here was that conversation already.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: that crazy little dog.

Missing since: 16 Mar 2006
Notes left: 193
Last seen at: HELL
ginjajake wrote:
this has probably been discussed to death but i went through the game yesturday and got this end and i think that dog was eddies dog who he shot, thus him having a good enough motive to cause havok, as on the credits he seems to growl when eddie appears. I think this is the reason behind the ending so the ending doesnt seem as stupid as I first imagined.

thoughts?????

wait, eddie shot his OWN dog?!?!

i always assumed that he shot someone elses, then ran to avoid being arrested for animal cruelty...

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Sep 2004
Notes left: 230
Last seen at: On the internet!
The dog growls at Eddies belly and shins, then the second part the dog makes a sound like it was getting shot.

Very well could be a joke related to that.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Mar 2006
Notes left: 66
Last seen at: Silent Hill Apt.
.... eddie shot some random dog and a few people. he never shot his own dog. personally i think the dog ending IS a joke ending. seriously how could a "ghost dog " find, let alone, operate that sophisticated equipment. 8)

Post subject:

somethindarker wrote:
.... eddie shot some random dog and a few people. he never shot his own dog. personally i think the dog ending IS a joke ending. seriously how could a "ghost dog " find, let alone, operate that sophisticated equipment. 8)

ha ha i cant believe your arguing the fact a dog couldnt perform technical tasks on cpu hardware (in which i agree) but there are much more surreal and unrealisic happenings in silent hill i.e. monsters running around everywhere and heather vomiting a fetus, oh and almost forgot findng a letter from a dead wife happens everyday.

even if it wasnt his dog why shouldnt a random dog not want revenge for been shot, if i was shot by someone id be pretty pissed off and want a sort of revenge.

although it more likely this ending was a joke ending but i thought id raise the point as its an intresting theory

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Mar 2006
Notes left: 137
Last seen at: Rosewater Park
I think I like that theory...yes...yes i do. It would make sense. And yes, with all the strange goings on in SH, i probably wouldn't be surprised to see a dog operating machinery, a little weirded out, but not surpirised. I would keep him :D Then he could set my VCR for me :wink:

Post subject:

sweet_weeping_silence wrote:
I would keep him :D Then he could set my VCR for me :wink:

ha ha I cant stop laughing that would be amazing

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

ha ha, yeah, VCRs make me angry...veery angry :x

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Eddie is crazy, but not crazy enough to shot his own dog.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Maybe it looked at him funny.

Post subject:

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:
Eddie is crazy, but not crazy enough to shot his own dog.

maybe it messed up one of eddies "VCR" recordings of I'm a celebrity get me out of here :wink:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

LOL, you never know, a dog that can use that kind of equipment could be capable of anything...but it any case, the dog ending is funny and I like the song at the end because I can bounce to it, stupid reason, but after all the turmoil you go through in the game, it's nice to just enjoy some mindless bouncing...hee hee :lol:

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Feb 2006
Notes left: 731
Last seen at: Australia
"personally i think the dog ending IS a joke ending. seriously how could a "ghost dog " find, let alone, operate that sophisticated equipment"

I never thought about that, I mean the UFO endings are all called 'joke endings' I thought of joke endings as stuff that didn't/couldn't really happen in the Silent Hill universe, but compared to the Dog ending the UFO endings are seemingly much more realistic and plausable. Which leads me to the question:

1. Is the existance of aliens actual fact in the Silent Hill universe, it's just we don't see them unless they are summoned. Is it a joke ending which is purely suppose to be fictional/funny and doesn't/couldn't happen. Team Konami seem to work them into the storyline by having you find an item which summons them, although in SH3 I don't know how using your magical laser eyes lets the aliens know where you are?

2. Even if the aliens are apart of the story, I really can't bend my tolerance enough to buy the 'Dog Ending' in the realm of possiblities. So to me it seems like the only true 'joke ending' (wouldn't/couldn't happen)

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
>Is the existance of aliens actual fact in the Silent Hill universe
According to Henry, yes, in a manner of speaking. He explains that, while looking at his photograph of the Lighthouse, there have been alleged spottings of UFO's.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

AgentX7k wrote:
2. Even if the aliens are apart of the story, I really can't bend my tolerance enough to buy the 'Dog Ending' in the realm of possiblities. So to me it seems like the only true 'joke ending' (wouldn't/couldn't happen)

yeh because you can concieve everything else in silent hill like samuel turning up, and the depth in which it questions the existance of God, I cant believe you people your saying "bend my tolerance enough to buy the dog ending" but you think a figure with a pyramid as a head playing around with manikins is in the realms of possiblity. I'd be suprised if any of you people have played silent hill. I put this theory in as a possiblity (it might well be a joke) but for people to write this is highly unlikely due to it been unbelievable or surreal makes me laugh. The whole game is surreal and there are far more deeper goings on, which are further away from the "realms of possiblity".

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Feb 2006
Notes left: 731
Last seen at: Australia
Thomas wrote:
>Is the existance of aliens actual fact in the Silent Hill universe
According to Henry, yes, in a manner of speaking. He explains that, while looking at his photograph of the Lighthouse, there have been alleged spottings of UFO's.

Cool

ginjajake wrote:
>I cant believe you people your saying "bend my tolerance enough to buy the dog ending" but you think a figure with a pyramid as a head playing around with manikins is in the realms of possiblity

Yes, in the Silent Hill universe it is entirley in the realm of possibility for those things to happen because the story has stated so. But a dog controlling Silent Hill in a cartoon control room isn't believable in that universe. I don't believe the events of Silent Hill are in the realms of possibility at all, if I heard it was 'based on a true story' I would laugh, it doesn't fit in our universe just like the Dog Ending doesn't fit in the Silent Hill universe

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2006
Notes left: 143
Last seen at: Devon
how can anyone be sure? for all we know sillent hill game makers over estimated our intelligence and assumed we woiuld all think of think straight away

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Mar 2006
Notes left: 5
you can surely discuss about a lot of things about Silent Hill but i think that the dog ending is just for fun. Why r u guys so eager to put a meaning into this(?) although i would agree that nearly everything else in the Silent Hill Universe is filled with it.
but seriously.........r u kidding? IT IS JUST A JOKE.

Where are not talking about the possibility if such thing could happen, we try to find any sense in it, to me thats a big difference. So could this happen in Silent Hill: "Yes", Does it make any sense or could it be Eddies Dog: "WTF?! No!"