Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Sep 2019

Post subject: locane children

hi i am new here and my first post so please forgive my stupid qustion which is why when these poor kids had to suffer a horrible death are they still tormented in death like the other murdered people but more so as they were just innocents it seems so unjust they should at leat be given some peace or do they and i have missed the point somewere sorry english is not my first langage

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Because they're part of Walter's victims, they're stuck in his world like all the other victims and ghosts you see. Some of those other victims were innocent, too, so I doubt innocence has much of an effect.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1523
Last seen at: Colombia
But something weirdo ios that you just can kill the Locane children;all the other victims are inmortal ghosts but they still being killable (I've created a new word??)

I also would like why thegame hasn't all the victims ghosts (Except Joseph, off course)?

Post subject:

The game has all the victims. Joseph's there, too, he just doesn't attack you.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Jan 2004
Notes left: 296
Last seen at: UK
Something to do with Walters conscience.
There are many copies of the Locane Twins roaming around Walters world, he felt a certain remorse for killing them, he knew he had to in order to complete the 21 Sacraments, with this in mind he allowed them to be 1 with eachother in death as brother and sister, as for the many copies of them it could be that he made many of them to remind him of the sin he had commited, or maybe the twins found a way to harnis his world in order to make many copies of themself to make him feel remorseful.

That theory's been thrown around a bit I believe.

M.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2005
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Everett, MA
Krist. wrote:

Not really...it has a few of them, and then the one commonly referred to as "Jimmy Stone" is really supposed to be a placeholder for all the victims that are not specifically added.

On the innocence note...if the Locaines were in fact innocent...why were they considered part of the 10 sinners? According to Christianity, (which seems to be what The Order is a mock-up of) people are born with sin, so children are not exempt. So even though they've commited no serious crime, they were still part of the 10 sinners ritual.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Sep 2005
Notes left: 160
five victims are missing in the game

Post subject:

NightFlutter wrote:
Krist. wrote:

Not really...it has a few of them, and then the one commonly referred to as "Jimmy Stone" is really supposed to be a placeholder for all the victims that are not specifically added.

On the innocence note...if the Locaines were in fact innocent...why were they considered part of the 10 sinners? According to Christianity, (which seems to be what The Order is a mock-up of) people are born with sin, so children are not exempt. So even though they've commited no serious crime, they were still part of the 10 sinners ritual.

I thought that it was called 10 Hearts, not sinners - but granted I haven't played the game in the while, so is there something else that indicates those ten victims had to be sinners?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Krist. wrote:
NightFlutter wrote:
Krist. wrote:

I thought that it was called 10 Hearts, not sinners - but granted I haven't played the game in the while, so is there something else that indicates those ten victims had to be sinners?

Yeah I thought it was the 10 Hearts too, a moment of misjudgement maybe?

M.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
Descent of the Holy Mother - the 21 Sacraments
The First Sign
And God said,
At the time of fullness, cleanse the world with my rage.
Gather forth the White Oil, the Black Cup, and the Blood of the Ten Sinners.
Prepare for the Ritual of the Holy Assumption/Liberation.

Yes, they're construed as sinners. Remember: Walter had the essence of Valtiel in his subconscious, whom is The Order's holy executioner & judge. Whoever Valtiel kills is considered a "sinner" based simply on his role as judge, jury, executioner: if Valtiel is responsible for their death, chances are they did something to bring it there.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1523
Last seen at: Colombia
But Why the Locane sibvlings are different to the other victims?? They are most like creatures than ghosts...

Anyway I wondfer if the creatures of this game have any meaning...

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

http://www.translatedmemories.com/victimfiles.html

07/21 Billy Locane

Theme of Murder - 10 Hearts.

The Ritual involved the Hearts of 10 Sinners maybe?

I still dont see how 2 Children can count as Sinners though, anyone heard of the innocence of youth?

M.

EDIT - Or prehaps the people who were murdered were not sinners at all, maybe they were killed as sacrifice to God in order to forgive 10 sinners, afterall the bible you find in SH4 mentions that the 21 Sacraments are nothing but the 21 Heiracies, Walter was, in essense, tricked.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jul 2003
Notes left: 2368
You may or may not realize this, but you guys are actually getting somewhere with this.

The accurate translation would be: Ten Hearts of Sin, by the way.

The people that were murdered are not sinners at all. Walter killed them for his own revenge and to descend the Devil.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Burning Man wrote:
You may or may not realize this, but you guys are actually getting somewhere with this.

The accurate translation would be: Ten Hearts of Sin, by the way.

The people that were murdered are not sinners at all. Walter killed them for his own revenge and to descend the Devil.

Ahhhh nice work, so that does explain it.

Post subject: locaine children

:D hi there thx for all your interesting replys mmmmmmm it still worrys me that as someone says there are a lot of those monsters running around so in a way i suppose the children are having some impact to make walter guilty but i feel there is no ideal or fare outcome for these poor children i least the ghosts in a good ending go to there peace but do these poor kids i hope so oh please again forgive my terrible english lots of love siew :D

Post subject:

Also, Joseph doesn't manifest as a threatening spirit because he died within the womb/God(room 302)...He is bound to it. This is also the reason Henry is the reciever of Wisdom and cannot wake into reality as the others do when they leave Walter's world. There is no true awakening for Henry, because the room has become part of the otherworld and doesn't exist in our world anymore. The Room is the hub of the various realities Walter has constructed, giving Henry access to any of their respective areas...