Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 31 Oct 2020

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Silent Hill 2 "Residents"

Missing since: 28 Mar 2006
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: Somewhere on Nathan Avenue...
Something which I always found seriously chilling is that during James Sunderland's journey he encounters many dead bodies. No ordinary dead bodies either - none of them look human!

The best example I can give here would be when James encounters Eddie in the prison. Eddie has just capped someone for the way he looked at him and the body is slumped at the table beside him. BUT, the body is clearly not human. Yet these 2 guys are talking about the murder as though they are blissfully unaware of it!

I love that touch. :shock:

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Mar 2006
Notes left: 418
i've noticed that to quite strange when i first saw it.

Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 12254
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
If you're referring to Eddie's many victims you come across in SH2, none of them are human. They're what the monsters of Silent Hill appear to Eddie as.

Bear in mind, however, that some of the bodies you come across in the game (such as the dead man near all the memo pages) is another victim of Silent Hill, just like James, Eddie and Angela.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

Drewfus wrote:
If you're referring to Eddie's many victims you come across in SH2, none of them are human. They're what the monsters of Silent Hill appear to Eddie as.

Bear in mind, however, that some of the bodies you come across in the game (such as the dead man near all the memo pages) is another victim of Silent Hill, just like James, Eddie and Angela.

So is the acutal 'real world' town of Silent Hill abandoned or are the people who live there living in constant fear of random mass murders?

Post subject:

The town of Silent Hill has been abandoned in the past, but it is not abandoned now. None of the SH games take place in our reality. The closest we ever get to it is seeing the real world outside Henry's window in SH4.

Why would they fear random mass murderers? The only one they've ever had to deal with was Walter Sullivan. SH2 occured without any of the residents ever realizing James and company were there. Besides the fire, the weird deaths of the people developing the town, and Walter Sullivan, life is pretty uneventful in Silent Hill.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

Drewfus wrote:
The town of Silent Hill has been abandoned in the past, but it is not abandoned now. None of the SH games take place in our reality. The closest we ever get to it is seeing the real world outside Henry's window in SH4.

Why would they fear random mass murderers? The only one they've ever had to deal with was Walter Sullivan. SH2 occured without any of the residents ever realizing James and company were there. Besides the fire, the weird deaths of the people developing the town, and Walter Sullivan, life is pretty uneventful in Silent Hill.

The mass murder thing was actually a really bad joke about the nature of the monsters in Silent Hill from a couple of months ago. Also, doesn't Henry live in South Ashfield, a totaly different city than Silent Hill?

Post subject:

Yes, he does. However, Walter Sullivan was apprehended in Silent Hill when he butchered the Locane children. Silent Hill was affected by him.

In regards to seeing the real world out Henry's window, I mean just that. The only time in the series we see the real world is outside Henry's window. Yes, that's in Ashfield, but that's irrelevant. The point is that you can't take the nature of any locale from the series and try to analyze the way it appears, because that's not how it really is.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Mar 2006
Notes left: 418
wow that's cleared a lot of things up for me thanks 8)

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
in thr real silent hilll i think it would be a bad place to live because

the crazy people like walter and stanley

the special kind of working girls like maria and maybe cynthia

the drug dealing doctor like kauffman

the drug taking people like lisa and the rest of the staff

the history of ppl having (accidents)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Mar 2006
Notes left: 193
Last seen at: HELL
Drewfus wrote:
Why would they fear random mass murderers? The only one they've ever had to deal with was Walter Sullivan...

walter sullivan's murders weren't random.

he was fulfilling the 21 sacraments.

edit: 'mass murder' incites that there was no objective to the murdering of innocents.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Silent Hill Residents

Missing since: 28 Mar 2006
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: Somewhere on Nathan Avenue...
When I first explored Silent Hill 2 a few years ago, I had no clue as to what was actually going on. Therefore seeing these mutated bodies there while the cast seem unaware that they're not human was even more disturbing. I loved it.

The real Silent Hill is probably just a run-of-the-mill town, but recently I acquired the OST for Silent Hill 4. There's a song on it called "Waiting For You" which is apparently performed live at Heaven's Night. When you listen to it and hear the audience cheering, I cannot help but feel freaked out at hearing those voices from faces I've never seen in Silent Hill and let's face it - Heavens Night ain't exactly the ideal setting for a quiet drink!

I have begun to play through the whole series again - there always seems to be something else which occurs or which you hadn't thought of before! I got the rebirth ending in SH2 and am now gonna re-do Silent Hill 3. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of facing that bloody hospital again. That section where the walls pulsate and bleed is enough to put you off any healthcare for life (or death!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:

alex_garland wrote:
in thr real silent hilll i think it would be a bad place to live because

the crazy people like walter and stanley

the special kind of working girls like maria and maybe cynthia

the drug dealing doctor like kauffman

the drug taking people like lisa and the rest of the staff

the history of ppl having (accidents)

1. Walter operated mostly in Ashfield. The Locanes are the only people from SH that he killed.

2. Maria doesn't exist, and Cynthia lives in Ashfield.

3. Kauffman was only a problem to police, tourists, and Alessa.

4. There is no evidence that the rest of the hospital staff were on drugs. Lisa was, and that's how Kauffman manipulated her into caring for Alessa.

5. I imagine the "accidents" stopped after The Order was thrown into chaos by Dahlia and Alessa's deaths. There certainly seems to be some construction/expansion going on by the time SH2 occurs.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

.....ooookkkkkk.........then why is there a poster in silent hill 3 saying the return of lady maria hmmmm at heavens night hmmmm

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
Drew - Locanes are not the only people from SH that Walter kills.

Jimmy Stone, George Rosten, and Sharon Blake (and Toby Archbolt, even though he wasn't killed in SH). And Andrew DeSalvo - though he might just work in SH prison.

Post subject:

I meant IN Silent Hill.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 94
when james finds that body in the appartments sat in the chair, the body is actually james's, he is looking at his own dead body
i dont know if anyone noticed that?

Post subject:

Nah, I never noticed that. Are you sure? I always thought it was just another victim of Silent Hill.

Post subject:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Silent%20Hill/Humorous/SH2-TV.jpg

That's James alright.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 94
Quote:
Nah, I never noticed that. Are you sure? I always thought it was just another victim of Silent Hill.

if you buy the sh2 with the making of on it tells you there. it tells you in the documentary

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

that or p-head got confussed