Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 16 Dec 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: When Did You Give Up On Henry?

Missing since: 10 Sep 2005
Notes left: 104
Last seen at: Miami, FL
    Okay, so we all know Henry's sort of "off" a lot in the things he says. Well, all the time actually. Anyway here's a thread to discuss Henry in all "uniqueness." Technically, I only started replaying the game a few days ago after some serious downtime and had forgotten about most of his awkward dialogue. Yes, even [spoiler]when he asks Cynthia if she is ok even though she's on the verge of death.[/spoiler] I started playing from Building World 1 to Hospital World 1 and officially gave up after this little exchange:http://www.shm.dustfungo.com/sh4.htm

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
I gave up on him when he just stood there like a deer in headlights after Cynthia had just offered him some poonani..

Post subject:

Skele wrote:
I gave up on him when he just stood there like a deer in headlights after Cynthia had just offered him some poonani..
If should have negotiated his 'fee'. Some up front, some after they get out. I would have! Hell, who wouldn't?!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Mar 2006
Notes left: 193
Last seen at: HELL
the 20 millionth time he said 'what the hell?'.

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.

Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
^ What he said.

And honestly, would you really take Cynthia up on her offer? You just met her ina an abandoned subway, after being locked mysteriously in your own room for five days. I think Henry's main concern was getting out, not getting off.

By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Drewfus wrote:
^ What he said.

And honestly, would you really take Cynthia up on her offer? You just met her ina an abandoned subway, after being locked mysteriously in your own room for five days. I think Henry's main concern was getting out, not getting off.

and, she might have STDs...

who knows, she hangs out in subways :)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Sep 2005
Notes left: 104
Last seen at: Miami, FL
Skele wrote:

Yeah, seemed about desperate to me and Henry wasn't even willing to have pitty sex. Guess he was saving it for Eileen. :wink:
But, anyway...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Mar 2006
Notes left: 139
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
Poor Henry. Shy, stupid, without a personality.

"the 20 millionth time he said 'what the hell?'."

Totally agree ;)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2006
Notes left: 174
Last seen at: Candy Mountain Candy Cave
Around the time that he wasn't disturbed by much of anything that happened to him. I mean, if you get chained into your apartment, I'd imagine that you would panic a little. But he's all, "Hey, whatever." I just wanna scream at him, "SHOW SOME PERSONALITY!!" [/code]

Post subject:

I thought that he could've shown more reaction on some things...like legs hanging from the roof or the dancing babies. But who cares, perhaps you don't want to notice those things cause your brain would explode if you would...pretty good protection against it, huh?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19399
Last seen at: #lfk
>Around the time that he wasn't disturbed by much of anything that happened to him.
He's been trapped in his apartment for five days. You never see how he reacted in those first four days; after that long, you would've exerted all of your energy trying to escape already; there'd be no need to check every window, and scream at the top of your lungs anymore.

People seem to forget about the first four days...

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

St. Thomas wrote:
>Around the time that he wasn't disturbed by much of anything that happened to him.
He's been trapped in his apartment for five days. You never see how he reacted in those first four days; after that long, you would've exerted all of your energy trying to escape already; there'd be no need to check every window, and scream at the top of your lungs anymore.

People seem to forget about the first four days...

i agree.

i think the shock would have worn off by then.

maybe some of the other shit, but the initial shock of being locked in probably would have worn off.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: When Did You Give Up On Henry?

Missing since: 01 Mar 2004
Notes left: 3526
Last seen at: Waco, Texas
blackfrancis05 wrote:
Yes, even [spoiler]when he asks Cynthia if she is ok even though she's on the verge of death.[/spoiler]
It wasn't known to Henry that she was going to die, and most if not all people who might find themslves in a similar situation might react in the same way.

Post subject:

deadhorses wrote:
the 20 millionth time he said 'what the hell?'.

dude, can you blame him? I mean who has the time to have personality and not keep saying what the hell when your sucked into some freaky world with the weirdest, sickest, and oddest stuff this guy has ever seen after being locked in your apartment for 5 days?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Mar 2006
Notes left: 267
Last seen at: Brookhaven Hospital
yeah. I would say 'what the fuck' more than anything. or 'shitshitshitshit' I think that one would be my broken record piece. While I was shooting a gun or running away from something.

I dunno. I actually didn't mind Henry all that much. I thought he was sweet. I never gave up hope for him!

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jan 2006
Notes left: 90
I personaly find Harry stranger than Henry =P

''Hunh... Radio... What's wrong with that radio?''

*Daughter missing in wierd ghost town after a horrible car crash

lmao

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Apr 2006
Notes left: 57
the hospital. his reactions to the hanging feet and the white light outside were just retarded. at least he wasnt as annoying as stuttering sam

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 86
Last seen at: Room 303
^ I agree with Bettie. I'd be like "Well fuck this I'm gonna die."
He does say "What the hell" too much, though. Even my little sister thought it was hilarious.

Oh yeah, and the first time I saw him run I laughed. And when he switches weapons. What the fuck it up with the arm twitch!?

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
I didn't give up on him.....

Post subject:

I never really gave up on Henry.

I just wanted to smack him when Cynthia was dying. But that's about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next