Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 31 Oct 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: loud, hulking, unseen prison creature

i know you're all familiar with that intimidating being in the prison area that isn't really visible, but are you aware that it can be killed? with your handgun or shotgun, aim around the cells where it's sound is most prominent, and James should aim his gun at something as if he's spotted something to shoot at.. after shooting once while still locked on to it, you'll see James point to the ground as if he's wounded the creature, continue to shoot a few more times to hear it grunt in pain! not only does the large-footsteps go away, but your radio also stops with all the static :D there's one in each of the cell clocks :)

just thought i'd pass that along.. *is sorry if this topic has already been covered before*

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
>is sorry if this topic has already been covered before
'Bout a thousand times.

It says Ritual.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2005
Notes left: 1696
Last seen at: Калинингра́д, Россия
I love that "thing."
It still freaks me out. I'm such a noise nerd.

Post subject:

That's new to me, actually.

Cool info.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
Quote:
It says Ritual.

I always thought it said"your funeral" at first,but later went back and listened again and it does also sound like "ritual"

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Post subject:

Harry'sGirl wrote:
Quote:
It says Ritual.

I always thought it said"your funeral" at first,but later went back and listened again and it does also sound like "ritual"

i've never tried to understand what it has been saying..i like things to remain a mystery :P but that is nice to know.. *has an urge to play through again for the fifth time or so*

WalterSullivanTragedy wrote:
That's new to me, actually.

Cool info.

*takes a bow* glad i didn't post this for nothin..

robbie-kun666 wrote:
I love that "thing."
It still freaks me out. I'm such a noise nerd.

ditto.. 'specially all the times when you've walked away from an area you've inspected thoroughly, and just when you're about to exit a room, some big crash or unsettling sound nearly makes you shit your pants ^_^

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Sep 2004
Notes left: 294
Last seen at: In a toilet. Folded into a wallet.
Has anyone with a PC version found out what it is?

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

There's nothing there, and I like it that way.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 May 2005
Notes left: 330
I have a PC version and I have a loud headphones and I am about to start another runthrough. I have already checked this out and it does say ritual.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2004
Notes left: 577
Last seen at: Back from the Dead
Makes sense to be a monster idea that was scrapped at the last minute. Am I the only one that thinks so?

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Not necessarily. The sound could be there for an entirely different reason.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Well, there are plenty other areas in the prison where you can hear things, without seeing them.
Did you happen to hear the horses galloping in the gallows even though there are none around?
(The room where you find the horse shoe)

Post subject:

When played backwards it sounds like "are you sure?"

Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2099
Last seen at: Australia
The ambient music in the Prison gets to me more than the "Ritual" monster, especially when shifting between the rows of cells with the "Ritual" monster. That music, coupled with the awkward placement of those Lying Patients puts me on edge.

I was never able to track him down, which always irked me. James trained the gun on him once, for half a second. I never realised there was one in each hall until recently.

Post subject:

I'm sure there are two things in that corridor. One invisible lying figure in a cell, one mumbling ritual dude on top of the cells. You can kill the lying figure. You can aim at the ritaul dude but can't kill him.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
There's only one thing per cell. And the 'ritual' stops once he's dead.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Icewater wrote:
I'm sure there are two things in that corridor. One invisible lying figure in a cell, one mumbling ritual dude on top of the cells. You can kill the lying figure. You can aim at the ritaul dude but can't kill him.

hmm.. that isn't true, i killed each one from both cell blocks.. the Adversary is right in that only one of those things inhabit each cell block.. when i killed them, they both seemed to have been positioned above the cells, after shooting it once, it falls to the floor inside one of the cells, and you can continue to shoot at it until it's dead :)

if the camera is positioned close enough and just right when you shoot it down to the floor level, you can see some blood particles as you continue to shoot it, but that's it.. it's an invisible creature :?

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
I've them both as well and discovered that could kill them by accident.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Sep 2003
Notes left: 413
Last seen at: Right behind you...
Yeah, the invisible creatures is definitely freaky. I don't think it was really just a scrapped idea. Just think of the history of the town and it's cult background. They could have been prisoners who were sacrificed as part of the Order's rituals, or even those who performed them.

Post subject:

evil adm wrote:
Icewater wrote:

hmm.. that isn't true, i killed each one from both cell blocks.. the Adversary is right in that only one of those things inhabit each cell block.. when i killed them, they both seemed to have been positioned above the cells, after shooting it once, it falls to the floor inside one of the cells, and you can continue to shoot at it until it's dead :)

if the camera is positioned close enough and just right when you shoot it down to the floor level, you can see some blood particles as you continue to shoot it, but that's it.. it's an invisible creature :?

Yeah, having played SH2 recently, I think the fact that I shot at the creature & didn't kill it was a bug.

It seems to make a vaguely human noise when you shoot it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next