All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Feb 2019

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: the gray children

Missing since: 16 Sep 2003
Notes left: 867
Last seen at: here
i hope this hasn't been posted before. i really, really looked (lord knows i've been reposting other people's finds a lot lately :oops:

i noticed there's a big difference in how the gray children looked in the very first actual trailer and how they've looked in the recent spots. in the first one they looked like they were burning or smouldering where now they just look grey and blobby. much more apparent in motion.

like they haven't added the effects to the other shots (or maybe they aren't the same creature?) or maybe in different part of the film? looks like the environment is different, but i'd guess (from the game) it's the opening part in the alley. unless they attack her again in the school?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
its probably because the burning stuff in the first picture was actualy completed before the other 2 clips the other 2 pictures come from. the special effects wasn't finsihed when the trailors and tv spots were released

Post subject:

They are two different Gray Children. The burning ones are missing limbs and stuff due to their "injury"...they appear more powdery later on.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jan 2004
Notes left: 2965
Last seen at: Moon base #25
THOSE THINGS ARE SO FRIKIN SCARY/NASTY :shock:

I LOVE IT :D

Post subject:

I don't remember thesese from the game, are they a new design? :oops:

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jan 2004
Notes left: 2965
Last seen at: Moon base #25
Kiwi Dork wrote:

Kinda

In silent hill 1 there called mumbelers ( demon children as most people call them ) there the litle freaky white dudes everywhere.

Post subject:

sh#1fan wrote:
Kiwi Dork wrote:

Kinda

In silent hill 1 there called mumbelers ( demon children as most people call them ) there the litle freaky white dudes everywhere.

Are they the ones (as suggested earlier) that attack you in the alley at the beguinning? (Or where those the Claw Children...?) I rember reading somewhere that the grey children wher post to be screaming always, but in the game they wehre moaning, and then I also heard that the moan was produced by sped-up child laughter that was there original sound. SO which is used in the movie, screaming, moaning or laughing? :shock:

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Apr 2004
Notes left: 1940
Last seen at: New York, NY
The burned ones are the final version of them, the plaing grey ones were probably pre-cgi enhancement.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
demon children grey children mumblers are all the same thing in the american version they attack you in the alley

unless its the PAL version then they wernt in it but the claw fingers were called mumblers and they attack you in the alley

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jun 2005
Notes left: 209
Last seen at: In the basement of the Alamo
--The burned ones are the final version of them, the plaing grey ones were probably pre-cgi enhancement.

If thats the case I like the pre-cgi look better.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Dec 2005
Notes left: 191
They didn't use cgi for the monsters...

Post subject:

No CGI...thats what I like the most..they look awesome...and they are actual people which scares me more...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2006
Notes left: 41
Last seen at: Singapore
Yep, perfectly describes the game. The monsters WERE humans once. I think it's a nice touch to the movie and kudos to the creature designer in making them look so great!

Post subject:

I didn't realize until recently that no CGI was used. Amazing what they can do these days...

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Mar 2005
Notes left: 180
There is really no CGI in the movie?

natural evolution is complete.

Artificial evolution has begun.

The first psychological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
they do not need gods.

For they are gods.

Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries

Post subject:

cgi is like makeup on a woman. when applied correctly, you hardly notice it as it is meant to enhance features that were already there. when done incorrectly, you end up looking like a cheap hooker. and nobody wants to be a cheap hooker.

the "no cgi" was a classy move on their part.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2006
Notes left: 41
Last seen at: Singapore
I think the only CGI used is when the siren comes on and the town turns sinister. The part in the trailer where the walls are rotting away. I don;t think it is possible to achieve that without CGI.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Sep 2003
Notes left: 867
Last seen at: here
not CG-created, CG-enhanced. i really don't see any difference in enhancing it, esp. since Gans said they did all kinds of camera tricks with the monsters like filming backwards to give them an unnatural look. i hate when people just bash CG outright. lots of things in films now are CG, nearly every film that comes out has been CG-enhanced to some degree. Apparently, all the fog in the film is CG-created (like The Others) and no doubt it went through a colourist and all the trickery there (to see how much they change a film, watch the extras on Panic Room - EVERYTHING gets tweaked). Even when I do a commercial, it goes through that process. POINT IS, i wasn't sure why they looked different, and even more wondering if she gets attacked by them twice in the film. and, to throw in my 2 cents, i prefer the smouldering darker ones to the rubbery grey ones.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2006
Notes left: 33
Last seen at: Edgewood, Washington
Spoilers???

I think there will be two diffrent Grey Children. "Normal" (if that word fits them) ones and then burned ones when Rose reaches the final area of the movie (Nowhere??).

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
of course the cgi in the movie. just not for the characters. as in all character you see have someone inside the costum. cgi was added to them later for the burning affect and other stuff.

and most of the tv clips are pre-cgi. so in the finaly cut they most probably will have the burning look on them