All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Sep 2018

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: WTF did you expect?

Missing since: 01 Jun 2004
Notes left: 596
Last seen at: I dunno....I'm LoSt....
I'm reading through some of these reviews, and are finding negatives outweighing the good. Now, I'll admit I kinda expected this. We the Hill-ers are of the supply and demand. We expect the best. I got the best. I've been waiting for this flick since 1999 when I first played the game. Deep down I wanted to become a director and do this movie myself. I was outraged when I heard it was being made. Then when I read all the interviews from Gans my woes were changed to excitment. I was quite pleased with the result. Sure there were some misconceptions in the story, but that is to be expected. Which brings me to my question: What did you expect?

This is a dream come true for us. Let's not tarnish this visual masterpiece. I'm not saying it's without flaws. ALL movies have their faults. I know this one will have a special place for me on my DVD shelf when it hits shelves. Right next to my Silent Hill games. :wink:

~And if you scream for a director's cut....well this IS the director's cut. Gans said it himself. He also mentioned that the DVD division is a bit peeved about that. LMAO~

Sit back and marvel at what WE the fans brought to the thearter. And have a health drink on me. :)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Sep 2004
Notes left: 294
Last seen at: In a toilet. Folded into a wallet.
>Sit back and marvel at what WE the fans brought to the thearter. And have a health drink on me.
Cheers!

Post subject:

With out a doubt the best Videogame movie ever made. The one with the most life, almost zero "Catchphrase" type of lines. No badass heroine, Ninja Kicking Pyramid head. It was wonderfully done, and I only had a few grips. The most irratation I felt was from the Jack offs that I had to share the theater with and their incsent chatter, and at times giggling. My hats off to Gans.... and when it's all sunk in, and I get some sleep I plan to write him a nice e-mail thanking him as should everyone here who came away enjoying this marvelous film.

Post subject:

I didn't know what to expect. Given my experience has been limited to playing the original game once and 4. I went in with no expectations and enjoyed it. It was truly a worth while horror film that deserves a series onscreen.

Post subject:

I expected the cult not to be Christian, that's for sure. I expected the main character to get a pipe or crowbar at some point and mess up at least two monsters. I expected some morality issues to arise, but the good and bad were clear-cut.
Those were my only expectations the movie let down, however.
I expected nightmarish Otherworld transitions...the ones delivered were not only jaw-dropping, but hellish. I expected scary monsters and I got terrifying ones. The town looked just as prosiac yet dilapidated as I'd guessed it would. I didn't expect Pyramid Head, and you can imagine what kind of terrible shock that was. I expected the movie to be incredible, and, well...here I am, talking about it for three hours after it's over. :)

Post subject:

I was pleased with it overall. I thought the plot was a little too contrived and scattered, and I thought the acting wasn't all that great, but it was a visual masterpiece, and everything came together to make it a great movie experience for me. It was certainly better than what I expected, given my previous experiences with other video game movies like Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat.

Post subject:

i want to throw every single movie critic in front of p-head inside a tiny room where there are only walls and no doors...i can't believe what they're saying about this movie. This is THE BEST video game movie ever made, i saw it on opening night and i was so pleased by it....i've never paid to get the shit scared out of me and been so happy about it.

Post subject:

Movie critics are honestly in it for the buck and that's it. I gurantee you they would much rather be off seeing an Oscar worthy movie instead of our kind of movies.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Feb 2004
Notes left: 71
Last seen at: Glasgow, Scotland UK
Awwwww guys, we should be so lucky and greatful we didn't get a Resident Evil, or Doom, or House of the Dead, I couldn't care less about the little flaws in the end because Gans truely showed his love for the games on screen.

Truely inspiring, and I got my tickets booked for another screening tomorrow :D YAAAY!!!

Roll on the sequal!!!

haha :D

Jonny :D

Post subject:

I'm all for a sequel as well. The critics are the critics and their going to be that way. It's best to just ignore them and enjoy the movie for what it is. :)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2005
Notes left: 421
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
I agree, I've been reading nothing but, bad thing on this forum, that people are talking about...All the faults of the movie, which I have to disagree on all of them....I think, the whole atmosphere, feel, and everything was great...Made me feel like I was in Silent Hill again...Especially when she first got out of the car, and started running toward the sign, the music, and feel was just...ugh...so awesome.....And the Grey childeren, were amazing, they got the sounds they did, perfect, and the lying figure....Omfg, I'm just in love with this movie...I can't see how everyone's so disappointed with it. Christophe also did really well with the camera angles, he was able to capture the whole environment, unlike alot of movies, having close-ups, making it dramatic....All in all, it's just an awesome movie...'My' favorite of all time....Others can disagree....

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2005
Notes left: 80
I stopped reading after you called me a "Hill-er". :?

This is a community, and you have freedom of speech, but as a community, that freedom is restricted if you're intending to use it for offending purposes, or to simple belittle your fellow members. Remember, your freedom ends where the other person's freedom starts.

Post subject:

Empty_Eyes wrote:
...and when it's all sunk in, and I get some sleep, I plan to write him a nice e-mail thanking him as should everyone here who came away enjoying this marvelous film.

I'm more than prepared to do that...if someone can share his email with me.

Post subject:

The cult aren't Christian...they're the same thing as in the game...a puritan offshoot of an older Christian pilgrimage. We didn't find out everything about them, but it's possible that they were trying to summon God into Alessa and blamed Dahlia for summoning in the devil instead...They definately have some other beliefs going on, as they never mention any Christian dieties, only that they want to purify sin. They also don't pray to a Christian cross, it's different.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2005
Notes left: 421
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
Redder wrote:
I stopped reading after you called me a "Hill-er". :?

If your not a Hill-er, then what are you, a....Racoon-er?....

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Oct 2004
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Toluca Lake
Or it could be like Trekkers and Trekkies... We could be Hillies.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Mar 2004
Notes left: 3526
Last seen at: Waco, Texas
That would be awsome. :P :mrgreen:

Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11978
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
The debate is over, I officially dub all of you "Hillbillies".

Now get back on topic.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Post subject:

i had to share the theater with a bunch of fucking douche bags too, half of them laughed and said the movie sucked and i was like did you ever play the game and they were like what game and i wanted hit them... on the other hands the fans loved it i will be seeing it again and i hope the idiots who laughed the whole fucking time are not there

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Mar 2005
Notes left: 537
Last seen at: Somewhere?
I have a feeling the movie will only get better with another viewing. The ending too, leaves it wide open for a clever take on SH2... and fuck knows if lesser films can get a trilogy, so can Silent Hill.