Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Mar 2019

Post subject: The Policeman - Plot Hole? Or Vital Clue?

So...the whole burning took place 30 years ago, and we can assume time stopped in SH, so thats why no one had aged.

...But the cop. He was the one that saved the little girl. It had been 30 years, and he was the same exact age. You now it was him cause he had the scars.

Now either I am missing something, or thats just screwed up.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2003
Notes left: 285
Last seen at: Along a Shadowy Bridge
I think it was a slip really. Just showing that it was he who saved Alessa. If they used a younger actor, people would have been confused as to who was dragging her from the fire. They 'tried' to make Gucci look younger, but they failed to make him look older for the rest of the movie.

Post subject:

Even if they did try to make him look younger.... 30 years?

If he was say 18 when he saved her (Impossible) that would still mean he was 48, and he tooked more like 28.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Oct 2004
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Toluca Lake
It WAS him regardless of the makeup job.

Post subject:

....still seems very fishy. I want some history on the Movie Story so I can actually formulate good theories about the ending.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 629
Last seen at: Traversing the Portals of Reality
yeah, i don't think that really matters, it was him. you could tell throughout the movie, he was hiding something, then you find out and you're thinking, no wonder he doesn't want to talk about it.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2006
Notes left: 9
Yeah, I have to agree that they used the same actor so you'd know exactly who it was. They could have done a better job in showing the age difference.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2005
Notes left: 1696
Last seen at: Калинингра́д, Россия
If you'll notice, the man that carted Alessa off after she was burned had a STRIKING resemblence to Dr. Micheal Kauffman, you know, the one that covered up the fact that Alessa was alive after the fire.
Of course, if you haven't played SH1, you won't know.
As far as bystanders knew, Alessa was dead, when in fact, she was kept alive, suffering a fate worse than death. Under Dr. Kauffman's orders, Lisa watched over Alessa in the hospital basement; drugs being her payment. Lisa was a White Claudia addict, and if she didn't tend to Alessa: no white claudia.

Lisa felt horrible for Alessa, but she became paranoid of Kauffman after some time, and often argued with him about wanting to leave because Alessa's condition frightened her.

Modern day: Once Lisa realises she's just a memory of Alessa's, a "ghost" if you will, she slowly fades away.

No one is really 100% sure of how Lisa actually died, though. I have my theories, but meh.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 24
Why did Kaufmann want to keep Alessa alive?

----

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 37
Last seen at: Monroe, NY
i didn't mind the age difference, the only thing i was confused about were his palm scars.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jun 2004
Notes left: 306
Last seen at: Scotland
Well my dad's 47 and I'd say he looks just as young as Gucci, so it's possible.

He'd have to have been pretty young in the flashback sequence though.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Apr 2006
Notes left: 23
Heaney wrote:
i didn't mind the age difference, the only thing i was confused about were his palm scars.

It showed how Gucci got the scars. When he first found Alessa he touched the shackles around her wrists to try to get her down. Since they were still hot from the fire, they burnt the scars onto his palms.

Post subject:

drgnrbrn316 wrote:
Yeah, I have to agree that they used the same actor so you'd know exactly who it was. They could have done a better job in showing the age difference.

If they used a younger actor the audience would still know who it was, because of the scars he recieved on his palms.

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
Some people's looks do not change a lot over time...

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2006
Notes left: 786
Last seen at: Gotham City
That's exactly what I was going to ask

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 67
My aunt has this wiered theory that he is alessa's father...I don;t know why she said she doesn;t know why either that it is just a feeling...

Post subject:

they used the same guy for continuity purposes...flashbacks can get confusing otherwise...but they could have aged him a bit more...although it does add to the sort of eerie timelessness of everything surrounding silent hill, even if it;s sort fo a mistake.

Post subject:

If this is a plot hole, it means it's repeated...unless I've yet to come across the theory behind this:

If Alessa was 'cleansed' 30 years ago (1974), and Alessa's Dark Twin was created sometime shortly after, and therefore Sharon, shouldn't Sharon be much older than 9 or whatever??

Which makes me think it's a clue...and I'm leaning towards the theory that Gucci is an Alessa pawn...but it still doesn't really solve Sharon's age problem...

Please direct me if this has been discussed/ solved elsewhere!

Post subject:

Sharon is 9 or 10, so she was created way later.

Post subject:

Yet when we see Alessa conspire with her Dark Twin, it doesn't look like 20 years of growth/ healing has occured...