Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Mar 2019

Post subject: Gore gore gore....

it was just too much, and the scene with cybil getting burned alive! that was horrifying! and the ripping off of the skin! ack! i could barely watch it. i would have enjoyed the movie much better with a little less gory alteration. alright, im done.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 87
Last seen at: My house
Well, I thought the gore was fine. Yeah, the games never usually had muc gote in it in the first place, but I think Gans did that to please the movie people as well

Post subject:

More than anything there, it felt like it was an additional horror element. I was a bit shocked by it, but it did suit the environment and the punishment for all those, who messed with Aleesa. At least they didn't go all Dead Alive with gore everywhere.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jun 2004
Notes left: 334
Last seen at: Los Angeles, CA
The barbed wire stuff was kinda exessive in the end. :shock:

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Oct 2004
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Toluca Lake
I was surprised they showed things like Cybil being burned alive or all of the cultists being ripped apart. Awesome I tell you! Awesome!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Apr 2006
Notes left: 40
Are you kidding me? This movie was not scary. A little goosebumps from the sirens, but that is it.

As far as the gore goes, SH isn't really that gorey of a game. I've played worse.

Post subject:

The burnt alive got to me more than anything. I kept thinking their not going to show it and they didn't pull away, which actually caught me off guard.

Post subject:

DocBlaze27 wrote:
Are you kidding me? This movie was not scary. A little goosebumps from the sirens, but that is it.

As far as the gore goes, SH isn't really that gorey of a game. I've played worse.

But we're not talking about the game here. Movie section.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Heh, yeah I know, I thought they were gonna pull away too. I was also surprised that they had the camera on Alessa while she was being roasted. I actually don't hate the MPAA for once!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Apr 2006
Notes left: 40
TwilightPro101 wrote:

But we're not talking about the game here. Movie section.

What I was getting at is that the movie wasn't as gorey at the orginal post stated... That matched that of the game....

The burning of Alessa was disturbing to me rather than scary. I found myself cringing a little and thinking to myself "That poor little girl". That part of the movie was beautifully done, I have to admit.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jan 2005
Notes left: 432
Last seen at: Alchemilla Hospital
I really think the movie would have been better if there wasnt so much blood. I like blood to an extent... I'm usually very tolorant of such things, but the last scene made me a little queasy. I kept thinking of poor Sharon, she doesn't need all this shit going on around her at such a young age. Like the poor child hasn't been through enough already. I didn't like the gore, but it added to the mood of the film. I doubt it would have left as much of an impression on me of I hadn't seen everything.

Post subject:

Gotcha. Wasn't getting that connection. Thanks for the clarifiication and I do agree with you in those particular regards.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Now if it was like Dead Alive (AWESOME FILM) I would have to wonder what they were thinking becuase that much gore was comical. Lol, chopping up zombies with a lawnmower is genious though, genious.

Post subject:

right, this movie wasn't scary at all, i remember the only part where i was even remotely frightened was when Rose first goes into Silent Hill and she steps across something and it made a loud noise. i jumped. the rest of the movie? not so scary.

i was just saying that the gore made me a little uneasy, uncomfortable, not frightened necessarily.

Post subject:

If they did that route, we would have been essentially watching a Uwe Boll take on the series, which thankfully we didn't recieve.

Post subject:

yeah, silent hill was more disturbing than scary... though it didn't bother me. there were a bunch of creepy well-done scenes in there.

Post subject:

They handled the gore well enough for any kind of horror based movie, that I've seen in the long run. It wasn't truly overdone and like others have said, they were truly respectful to the material in tone.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2003
Notes left: 162
I really think the gore is being overplayed...apart from PH rippin off anna's skin and the ending..where was all this gore everyone is talking about?? I think Hostel AND Hills have eyes were FAR more gorier.

Post subject:

Now, you're truly talking gorehound worthy!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 87
Last seen at: My house
landomandojando wrote:
right, this movie wasn't scary at all, i remember the only part where i was even remotely frightened was when Rose first goes into Silent Hill and she steps across something and it made a loud noise. i jumped. the rest of the movie? not so scary.

i was just saying that the gore made me a little uneasy, uncomfortable, not frightened necessarily.

It's because they tried to make it scary the same way as in the game. Which is hard to do because the only way people could get scared like that is if they actually played the game. It's pretty much the only way to experience such horror. I don't give a shit though. the gray children nearly made me piss my pants.