Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Mar 2019

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Birthing of God left out

Missing since: 20 Jan 2005
Notes left: 432
Last seen at: Alchemilla Hospital
I thought it was odd that they completely left out the Birthing of God and Alessa's role in that. It changed so much of the film to leave it out. Dahlia would have to be evil and want her daughter burned, and Alessa would have to have powers, right? Am I maistaken? In the game, I thought the only reason the children thought she was a which was because she was actually a which...
Why did they leave all this out? That, to me, was the main focus of sh1 and 3....

Post subject:

I think they were trying to simply things for the general audience. Supposedly audiences these days have limits. (Last part was partially sarcasm.) But honestly the studios have this approach to a general audience, which is just plain sickening.

Last edited by Anonymous on 22 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Oct 2004
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Toluca Lake
She did have powers. The otherside was created by her.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

>She did have powers.
I thought the sprit of the town helped her out there... Or something. Its still a bit unclear to me.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Apr 2006
Notes left: 40
Alessa always had powers, the town had no spirit. The otherworld was created by Alessa's darkest nightmares.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

She was burned alive and on her hospital bed she called upon a demon (or created one to help her) You could look at it like she called one or that the demon was part of the otherside she created. Either way she brought about the otherside in the film. Much like the game only under different circumstances.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2003
Notes left: 162
they did mention that she had no father because she was "fathered by the "demon" she did have powers, she shared her nightmares with those that hurt her. I liked the idea that the Cult was stuck in silent hill for their sins to begin with.

Post subject:

That's something that I didn't get as well. They left it so open. All I got out of it was that Alessa called out for the demon and made the deal.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Whether or not it is literal that there was actually a demon she summoned or the term demon was used to describe what "it" was. It may very well have been yet another part of Alessa, a tormented and vengeful part.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2003
Notes left: 162
nah they said it a little too quickly though, they did mention she was born of a demon and her mother. they should have elaborated a bit. all in all I am happy we have a quality Silent Hill movie to add to my collection.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

I thought the kids just hated Alessa because they're parents told them to. It did say that.. I think. I need to go see it again....
The movie is great, I just want discuss it. Wether the movie had faults or not, and what symbolism they were using.

Last edited by put_here_2_feel_joy on 22 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

I'm with you there. Second viewing=necessity.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jan 2005
Notes left: 217
Last seen at: BEHIND YOU!
I feel that they didn't exactly beat you over the head with it, but its one of those kinda back-burner storylines that perhaps they will discuss in the next film or was just suggested.

Post subject:

A lot of the inconsistencies fall under the dreaded movie adaptation.
General audience won't tie in the obscure interpretation many of us have painstakingly weeded through and settled on.
So they tweak/remix things here and there, make things up or leave stuff out (even important elements)
Clearly things unraveled differently, like the ending, now it *seems* after everything is over you're dead, you were dead and not in an alternate state of reality/manifestation, you were in purgatory and you came out dead. (Yes I know they kept dark and foggy SH)
That bugged me a bit.
Plus pyramid head being in the form present in Silent Hill 2, even though in the games he is only in SH2 because he is directly related to James.
The movie clearly seemed to be a combination of elements found in SH1 and SH2, favoring SH1.
I'd say if you can take any story to heart, take the game's.
The movie was hit and miss, as most video game movies are, in terms of accuracy.
Didn't mind what it did, but I didn't like hearing theories based of ONLY the movie, as some people were spouting, it bugged me because I thought the game's version felt better.

Post subject:

Its not related to the games and the games don't matter in regard.

Christabella mentions that Dahlia misled them...Dahlia also says Christabella mislead her. I believe the general idea is that the god-summon did take place, but the Order felt Dahlia lied and summoned a demon instead of God....so this all took place.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Apr 2006
Notes left: 105
Last seen at: OH
Im kinda glad that they didn't use the birth of god because Im sure some crazy christan would protest it because it doesn't portray the REAL god. Im athiest so I dont mind. :D

I am the very model of a scientist salarian. I've studied species turian, asari and batarian. I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology). My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian. I am the very model of a scientist salarian.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Aug 2006
Notes left: 62
I read enough into the movie to think that Alessa's "god" origin is still there, hinted at through symbolism. She may not be the mother of the god, but she may well be "the God" Herself.

We got maybe a "virgin birth", no father, suspictions of child born out of wedlock.

A character named Thomas in a scene involving marks on hands. Doubting Thomas anyone?

Another character, the Red Nurse, who becomes blinded as a result of a miracle. Paul anyone?

A griving hooded mother figure witnessing her child in crucifix-style persecution by religious fanatics. Mary anyone?

The painting at the school said "God", and the figure depicted was female.

Dahila says "My daughter, what have you become?" to Alessa as she raises up out of the church floor, and written above Alessa is the phrase "Deus Omnipotus."

A trinity: instead of Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, we have Mother (Alessa), Daughter (Sharon), and the Demon.

We got beings being created out of ash in this movie, and we got Adam being born out of the dust of the earth in Genesis.

Alessa's blood has the power of spread her kingdom, clearly when Rose bleeds on the floor casting the church into Darkness.

"Mother is god in the eyes of a child" is a phrase applicable to Rose and Sharon, as well as Sharon and Dahilia. Might it also apply to the mother of Sharon, Alessa?

And none of the characters would be in any position to know or find out that Alessa was the God or the Mother of the God anyway. Its not like they have access to Aglaophtis in this version.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11382
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Yea, but Alessa isn't Sharon's mother. They're the same being, and All of Alessa's supernatural power stems wholly from the Demon.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Aug 2006
Notes left: 62
Quote:
Yea, but Alessa isn't Sharon's mother.

Yeah, I'd like to believe that, it would fit into the game better, but Dark Alessa flat out says that Sharon is th daughter of Alessa. This might have been just a metaphor for Sharon being a creation of Alessa, but the mother/daughter analogy still stands.

Quote:
and All of Alessa's supernatural power stems wholly from the Demon.

Yeah, but just who is the demon? Just a demon? Perhaps a manifestation of the God essence within Alessa? Another monster created by the town? Perhaps a split personality of Alessa in control of the God power which only manifested after Alessa's burning? Perhaps she's Valtiel, assisting the Incubator. Could she be Samael/the Incubus, the true father of Alessa?

Nothing's confrimed. Only speculation. Religious symbolism and possible divine implication still stands.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Sep 2006
Notes left: 211
Last seen at: Chicago
Let's face it: Movies made from games are usually inaccurate in several regards, and Silent Hill is just the latest example. A prime example is what happened to Resident Evil. A hive? An amnesiac UBCS operative? A "Project Alice?" Cmon now, we weren't born yesterday. However, I think enough history was altered or just plain left out to the story unique in it's own manner. The director did manage to get one thing right, though. Christabella is just as much of a zealot as Claudia was(and was it just me, or did anyone else wonder if Christabella was to be Claudia? Maybe they didn't want to use TOO many familiar names. Maybe.) However, just like in Resident Evil, the director meant well, but screwed up the saga. :(

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."