Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Dec 2018

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: alessa being a witch

Missing since: 18 Mar 2006
Notes left: 181
Last seen at: England
oh im confused, why exactly did they think alessa was a witch? was it becuase colin the janitor had raped her

Post subject:

I think it's because she was a bastard child.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
Because she didn't have a father, essentially.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Mar 2006
Notes left: 181
thanks all i wanted to know

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Dec 2005
Notes left: 191
"We eliminate the sin not the sinner."

Dahlia's actions of creating a "bastard child" labeled her as a sinner. The product of her sinning created sin itself. (alessa)

The only thing i'm confused about though, is the fact that if Alessa was sin why didn't they eliminate her earlier? (of course if this was the course of action we wouldn't have any plot for the movie. )

Post subject:

Does that mean Alessa was an innocent girl that was made of sin?

Post subject:

28/m/nazareth wrote:
The only thing i'm confused about though, is the fact that if Alessa was sin why didn't they eliminate her earlier? (of course if this was the course of action we wouldn't have any plot for the movie. )
I think her getting raped was the straw that broke the camels back. *NOT TO OFFEND* But certain radical Muslims do execute women if they are raped. And I'd say the order is pretty "radical."

Radical, I like the sound of that. You toke up? You listen to Phish?

Post subject:

Alessa's Father wrote:
Does that mean Alessa was an innocent girl that was made of sin?

That's basically the essence of it. Dahlia didn't know/wouldn't reveal the father, makign her a bastard, and made of sin, or out of marriage sex. Plus her being raped probably added to the Order meeting. Dahlia, in my mind, probably thought they planned on cleansing (sp?) or repenting her sins. Hope that helps!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Dec 2005
Notes left: 191
Noisy Plain wrote:
28/m/nazareth wrote:
I think her getting raped was the straw that broke the camels back. *NOT TO OFFEND* But certain radical Muslims do execute women if they are raped. And I'd say the order is pretty "radical."

Radical, I like the sound of that. You toke up? You listen to Phish?

Ohhh good point!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 May 2006
Notes left: 108
I heard the final straw was that Colin raped her in the toilet and gave her a sexually transmited infection. We all know this was not her fault but everyone elts thort that she seduced him with her witch powers and made him rape her, making her even more evil and dirty than originally thort. So they burnt her to clense her powers as well as her infection.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 May 2006
Notes left: 168
Last seen at: Missouri
I am wondering if they were giving Dahlia a chance to name a father. And when she wouldn't they finally had enough.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Everyone else thought she seduced him? Well everyone else is a bloody moron, because there's no way that's possible, there's not even a single event in the film to IMPLY such a thing. This "blame the victim" bullshit really needs to stop.

Oh, and The Order isn't stupid. They're radical but not stupid. "LET'S BURN HER TO GET RID OF THE HERPES." That's not why they did that.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1085
Last seen at: Cambridgeshire
^ Far-out theories are getting you down, aren't they Krist? Understandable.

I think the use of the word 'witch' in the movie was just bad script writing. Honestly :roll: "Burn the witch, burn the witch"... lame!

When in the movie/story did she ever PROVE to being a witch? I can understand the school children calling her a witch, but why were the adults resorting to this childish name-calling? It makes no sense.

It would have been better if they were saying "Burn the sin, burn the sin" or something along those lines, as she had been referred to as such (by Christabella I believe). Or even 'child of sin/sin-child' just to throw a couple of ideas in. The whole witch thing sucked.

Post subject:

I think something about alessa is kind ofbeing missed. I mean being a bastard child is one thing, but some great evil actually came in response to alessas continued anguish, which is not the normal reaction to someone being in pain... even if the "demon" came from within alessa it only seems to vilify the order's belief that she was inherently evil....

If she wasn't the movie wouldn't be happening, it seems to me that most viewers, like rose, want to assume that alessa is innocent because she is a child, and nothing was shown to reveal that she wasn't innocent, within the narative of the movie itself. But there where implications, I doubt the order kills bastard children, in general, it would make more sense if they thought the father himself was some demon or the devil, which would make the whole "witch" thing and killing the sin thing make a lot more sense.

It also makes sense that the evil within alessa has to remove the good from her (sharon) and get her out of her realm of influence, otherwise it wouldn't be able to manipulate the tool of the towns destruction, since the good side would frequently struggle with the bad side.

With this in mind it would mean that the order itself, trapped within the evil's power, where actually right in what they where doing. And rose's actions helped the true villians win against the good - damning Rose.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 May 2006
Notes left: 142
when you have a lynch mob ready to go you dont need Proof... just say "witch" and bam shes gone to be purified (christibella uses the simplicity of the orders mind to manipulate them constantly, especially when she stabs rose and say she was forced)

Post subject:

Oh, god... the movie is making me even more angry... they think she's a damn witch because she doesn't have a father? OK...

Post subject: My one cent

The members of the cult were a bunch of fanatics and they were stupid to boot. Anything that was different from them they branded as evil or a witch, so yeah the kid had no father and that made her different. I got the sense that the cult was a very small closed group not really a part of the greater comunity hence the hidden church next to the hotel. These people are nothing like the Order from the game, they're just a stagnant little cult with a blind conviction of rightiousness. I think it would be interesting to learn how these idiots fit into the community of Silent Hill.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2006
Notes left: 357
Yeah I didn't really like the whole witch thing either, but it was tolerable.

I thought the movie turned out good enough.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2006
Notes left: 63
Last seen at: ISLE OF WIGHT UK
i just think that its trying to use the "witch" name calling because it's just a classical name for a woman who is seen to be wrong n sociaty, though dont get me wrong.....i disagree with the whole "witch=bad" thing as i'm a witch myself. I just tihnk that this sort of name calling is shallow

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 19
I think there is somthing missing in here, first I thought she is an innocent, but I really confused when the demon/alessa was telling rose the story, it is somthing like that:

"They thought they know how to fight eveil, your weapon might be turned on you."

I don't remember the exact words, but it give me a clue that there was an evil in Alessa, or that somthing is missing..

Just a note out of subject::

"Muslims don't kill rapped women, the sinner is punished and in some cases they would be killed"
"Some people kill women if they were rapped but because of some bad culture not because if Islam"