Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 12 Dec 2018




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message


 Post subject: 2 Cults?

Christabella's has her own little religion... Don't know if we should go as far as calling them a cult, because their beliefs mirror that of Christianity...

However, Dahlia is a different story... She's not a part of Christabella's cult-- yet she's no wandering fool either. She had the power to summon Pyramid Head. But where does this power come from? Was she aware her daughter carried the seed of Sammael within her? I believe so.

In the little flashback, we see Alessa being taken away from Dahlia... If she was attempting to raise Sammael, why in the hell would she put this "demon spawn" into the hands of Christian fanatics?

In the game, Dahlia burns Alessa herself, in an attempt to call Sammael's power out... In the movie, the Christian Fanatics burned Alessa- and it had the same effect on her... It awakened the power of Sammael... Obviously, Christabella's little crew were not aware of what would happen... But was Dahlia? I believe so.

I don't think Dahlia's purpose has changed at all... The only change in Dahlia, is that she seems more innocent... But is she really? She weeps for her daughter, and then she mutters some sacreligious nonesense.. Is Dahlia's cult, still present?


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2003
Notes left: 285
Last seen at: Along a Shadowy Bridge
If Samael actually existed.

Anyway. Dahlia of the movie was an outcast of this cult. She was part of thier order, but when they meant to burn Alessa and she finally realized what happened she split from them.

Pyramid head is not under her control. He is part of the powers of Silent Hill itself. A tool of punishment and torture. Dahlia wasn't even around in the school when PH first appeared.

_________________
[nothing right now]


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Well, she wasn't around when PH first appeared... Yet she sent him after Anna... It was made obvious that Dahlia summoned him to kill Anna... I'm not trying to say that she has total control over Pyramind Head, but she should recieve some credit in his appearence infront of the church... And the fact that she does have SOME Powers in Silent Hill, makes my theory quite plausible.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Surviving Silent Hill is horrible and tough enough. Dahlia should have some influence in Silent Hill to make it past many of the monsters.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2003
Notes left: 285
Last seen at: Along a Shadowy Bridge
She did have some influence in Silent Hill. She was Alessa's mother, and not so much the focus of Alessa's anger.

_________________
[nothing right now]


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 772
Last seen at: On The Internet
SH3 Spoiler:

[spoiler]There are actually 3 cults in Silent Hill, for the 3 gods.

One cult mainly worships Xuchilbara/Valtiel/(the Red God)
One cult mainly worships Lobsel Vith/(the Yellow God)
One cult mainly worships the Holy Mother/(the Main God)[/spoiler]

_________________
User is no longer active
Image
douche


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 10 Mar 2006
Notes left: 254
For what it's worth I agree with you Proudclod.......or at least I really want to.

The bit in the finale where Dahlia walks amongst the severed body parts of the cultists is much like a devious general surveying the aftermath of a battle. I think she planned it all in order to assure the final eradication of the cult. I think she can now take her rightful place as leader of the Order, now that the sacred places of the Puritan witch-hunters have been fully desecrated by Alessa's power.

I think (or rather I hope) that Dahlia allowed the Witch Hunters to burn Alessa for her, and likewise that Dahlia helped to lure Rose to Silent Hill in order to use her to infiltrate the witch hunters.

Her final "Why did she not kill me?" line was just a load of bullshit to throw Rose of the scent.

So yes.......2 Cults for the win!!!!!

_________________
A roleplay about the Valtiel Sect? Preposterous!!


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I disagree, that all sounds way too convoluted. When I saw her walking amongst the carnage, she looked dazed, and her reactions all indicate surprise at what Alessa was doing, but complete disinterest in the fate of the cultists. The flashbacks all show Dahlia as distraught and unwilling to relinquish her daughter.

If I have to assume her role in a sequel, it would be one of the following:

1. She attempts to retrieve Sharon to replace Alessa, to be her Alessa again. She certainly acted that way when she saw Rose's locket, and she kept Sharon hidden and temporarily safe from Cristabella.

2. She believes that Sharon harbors the demon and attempts to kill her (going by the "Alessa, what have you become?" line).

Now, I know that it would befit Dahlia, at least, that of the game, but she was always a suspicious nutbag and only seemed to make only a minimal attempt to even show the pretext of being a loving mother. The Dahlia of the movie showed considerable compassion towards both her daughter and to Sharon.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Apr 2006
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: College Station, Texas
ProudClod wrote:
Well, she wasn't around when PH first appeared... Yet she sent him after Anna... It was made obvious that Dahlia summoned him to kill Anna... I'm not trying to say that she has total control over Pyramind Head, but she should recieve some credit in his appearence infront of the church... And the fact that she does have SOME Powers in Silent Hill, makes my theory quite plausible.


Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 233
Last seen at: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.
"Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna."

Right. Dahlia did not control the dark creatures Alessa did. Dahlia was safe among them because Alessa did not want her mother dead.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Hell_is_Silent wrote:
"Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna."

Right. Dahlia did not control the dark creatures Alessa did. Dahlia was safe among them because Alessa did not want her mother dead.


While Dahlia may not control the creatures of Silent Hill, she can call them up at will, and Alessa will bring them out... It's like being the right hand of the devil.

For those saying that Dahlia is innocent... She seems to have 2 sides to her... One of these sides, mutters sacreligious comments, calls up Pyramid Head to kill anna, and is Alessa's right hand... Yet the other, she weeps for her daughter, and looks like a caring mother... The two don't go together.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

The reason Pyramid Head appeared at the church was because the world was transforming to Dark Silent Hill. You always see him in the Dark world. The Dark School and the Dark Church/Town. Pretty much, he comes with the territory.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Heathers_Guy14 wrote:
The reason Pyramid Head appeared at the church was because the world was transforming to Dark Silent Hill. You always see him in the Dark world. The Dark School and the Dark Church/Town. Pretty much, he comes with the territory.


Dahlia points at Anna, and pyramid head appears to kill her... Is that some coincidence?


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
ProudClod wrote:
Hell_is_Silent wrote:
"Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna."

Right. Dahlia did not control the dark creatures Alessa did. Dahlia was safe among them because Alessa did not want her mother dead.


While Dahlia may not control the creatures of Silent Hill, she can call them up at will, and Alessa will bring them out... It's like being the right hand of the devil.

For those saying that Dahlia is innocent... She seems to have 2 sides to her... One of these sides, mutters sacreligious comments, calls up Pyramid Head to kill anna, and is Alessa's right hand... Yet the other, she weeps for her daughter, and looks like a caring mother... The two don't go together.


Only once does she appear to summon any monster, that being Pyramid Head. She acts sacrilegeous to a faith that cast her out and roasted her own daughter over an open fire. And, is Alessa really a demon? We only have Cristabella's word that says so. Note that Alessa never killed anyone who didn't cause her harm (except Lisa, but she seemed to regret that). She did come close to killing Rose and Cybil, but that was before she was certain of their intentions. During that final scene, she slaughters everyone else. Why preserve Rose? You can argue that she still loves her mother, and might use Sharon for her own ends, but Rose serves her no purpose. I think she spared Rose (and Dahlia) because, basically, they did her no wrong.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Well, if she can call up Pyramid Head, who's to say she doesn't have ANY Power? Even if her power lies in Alessa. Point is, she has atleast some influence over the town... I believe she has more purpose in the story, than being the screaming, crying, finger pointing mother of Alessa.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

ProudClod wrote:
Heathers_Guy14 wrote:
The reason Pyramid Head appeared at the church was because the world was transforming to Dark Silent Hill. You always see him in the Dark world. The Dark School and the Dark Church/Town. Pretty much, he comes with the territory.


Dahlia points at Anna, and pyramid head appears to kill her... Is that some coincidence?


She doesnt point, she does this...
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
yes thats it

its the sign of the devil even though Anna hit her with stones she wanted to warn her that the devil was behind her so she did the sign of the devil

_________________
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

If Dahlia could summon PH, then she could cause the darkness to descend as well, cuz what real summoning power do you have if you can only do it under specific circumstances.

Now about the Cults, Is the cult in the movie supposed to be good in some way, despite their fanaticism? They seem to be anti Claudia and her birthing the God to cleanse the earth, which is my exposure to the cult, sorry I haven't played 1.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Silent Hill 1 and the movie are not the same, so no worries on understanding the game. The cult people are just crazy, they were burning a 10 yr. old girl cause shes a bastard child. So u decide if they're good or not.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2003
Notes left: 285
Last seen at: Along a Shadowy Bridge
Besides if she could summon PH, wouldn't she have done it to Anna when they were in the Hotel and Anna was harassing her there?

_________________
[nothing right now]


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron